Feb 5th, '14, 11:30

Re: NEW! Official Teaware of the Day!

by AdamMY » Feb 5th, '14, 11:30

Hayato Sencha in the Rock (1) by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Rocky goodness, as I look out side and believe the North American Ice Sheet has decided to start to reform over the Great Lakes, especially Michigan. Also can not leave out my favorite set of teaware in the background, my lovely plants that provide life and fresh air to all my tea sessions. I honestly never thought I had that big of a green thumb but this collection with the exception of one of the 5 plants planted has been thriving lately.

Feb 8th, '14, 14:26

by debunix » Feb 8th, '14, 14:26

San Nen Bancha from Norbu, a toasty dark tea with a rich sweetness, enjoyed in teaware by Greenwood Studios with a dark glazes set off by sprinkles of gold....

Feb 8th, '14, 23:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 8th, '14, 23:28

Semi eclectic pairing of Mukuhara Kashun Guinomi. The one on the left shows the effects of wood firing with a subtle pinkish hue. Excellent for sipping finer sencha!

Sado red clay Kyusu by Shimizu Ken.

And the seemingly ever present Yuzamashi by Shawn of Greenwood studio.

blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 9th, '14, 10:30

by Chip » Feb 9th, '14, 10:30

Getting caught up on the last couple days ...

Koshin Kyusu with Hagi SO #1 Sea Cucumber Guinomi-s by Yamane Seigan. Tsuyu Hikari Special Edition is in the cups.

Sauron wrote:"'Eye' see you!"

Feb 9th, '14, 10:58

by GreenwoodStudio » Feb 9th, '14, 10:58

Love the action shots!

Chip, the yuzamashi is creeping me out a little, like a Peeping-Tom or something :lol: ;)

Feb 9th, '14, 11:08

by Chip » Feb 9th, '14, 11:08

GreenwoodStudio wrote:Love the action shots!

Chip, the yuzamashi is creeping me out a little, like a Peeping-Tom or something :lol: ;)
I liken it to the Alfred Hitchcock cameo of teaware ...

Feb 9th, '14, 16:08

by Chip » Feb 9th, '14, 16:08

... first Yoshiki Kyusu with an increasing number of Mukuhara Kashun Guinomi serving up an amazing round of Uji Special Edition asamushi.

Feb 11th, '14, 20:51

by Chip » Feb 11th, '14, 20:51

Hokujo Tokoname Kyusu handling the brewing, Yamane Seigan Hagi Special Offer Tempest handling the brew which was even better than it looked here.

Feb 11th, '14, 22:37

by Chip » Feb 11th, '14, 22:37

If you have been watching, you would already know that I have a bit of a Momiji (Japanese Maple) fetish in teaware. No mistake have grown them and adored their presence for many years. I cannot imagine life with no Momiji trees somewhere close by.

Momiji motif, hand painted cups. I have to look up the artisan potter and his wife who painted them. Looking at them, I think they are Kyo-Yaki ... but uncertain of this til I double check. Purchased from O-Cha who had a very limited supply ...

Yoshiki Kyusu again. Shawn-Yaki Yuzamashi doing the hard work.

Tenryu in the cup.

Mar 12th, '14, 15:26

by JRS22 » Mar 12th, '14, 15:26

New Seong-il Teaware with a red copper glaze which just arrived from Korea today. It's glazed inside and is currently intended for my favorite aromatic teas - genmaicha, jasmine and chamomile. In addition to its other excellent qualities the handle feels really good.

Mar 13th, '14, 13:43

by nrstooge » Mar 13th, '14, 13:43

My niece is still in Japan (until May) and decided to use the teapot she brought back/gave me for this last christmas. This one is dedicated to white teas. I use gaiwan for oolongs and have another japanese teapot for green teas.. blacks are brewed in one of my various glass/ceramic english style teapots. (working on yixing next)

Tea is white peony. Very soothing - still recovering from knee surgery so this fits the bill perfectly today.
Attachments
069.JPG
069.JPG (61.93 KiB) Viewed 1399 times

Mar 13th, '14, 14:29

by debunix » Mar 13th, '14, 14:29

A very striking finish on that blue gem. Is the brown a second glaze, or unglazed clay peeking through?

And hope your knee is better soon!

Mar 13th, '14, 14:36

by Chip » Mar 13th, '14, 14:36

JRS22 wrote:New Seong-il Teaware with a red copper glaze which just arrived from Korea today. It's glazed inside and is currently intended for my favorite aromatic teas - genmaicha, jasmine and chamomile. In addition to its other excellent qualities the handle feels really good.

Beautiful lil Seong-Il pieces. I will probably regret not scooping up on one of these "sets" ...

Mar 13th, '14, 14:42

by debunix » Mar 13th, '14, 14:42

I found them especially striking too. But then I looked up at the bulging teaware shelves, decided to let other people give them a good home. Regretting just a little bit on seeing them so lovely gathered together there...

Mar 14th, '14, 09:22

by nrstooge » Mar 14th, '14, 09:22

debunix wrote:A very striking finish on that blue gem. Is the brown a second glaze, or unglazed clay peeking through?

And hope your knee is better soon!
The brown is rough.. and the inside I'm sure is lightly glazed/waxed.. something because it is shiny (not the smoothe matte finish of my other Kyusu) then the blue is glazed so I think it was added afterwards. I'm sure it isn't "high end" but geared for everyday use - but she picked it out and brought it back in her suitcase along with a few green teas. Again, I'm sure the teas are "grocery store" quality but she didn't know what I had tried/liked, nor would I expect her to spend alot on me. She is coming back to attend graduate school in May.

Knee is recovering well.. my one cat has gone from "guard human" to "guard knee".

Off topic: one of my favorite scottish musicians passed away suddenly yesterday in his sleep, he was 46 and leaves an wife & 13 year old daughter. Tea of the day (along with scottish bagpipes playing on itunes) HAD to be scottish breakfast tea. When I can drink.. I'll raise a glass of Glenlivet single malt whiskey (scottish made) in celebration of his music and life.

+ Post Reply