Feb 10th, '14, 20:50

Anyone ever tried Lin's Ceramics Kettle & Stove?

by Ratbert » Feb 10th, '14, 20:50

I've been rather interested to get a kettle & stove combo from Lin's Ceramics since the first time i've seen it in some shops here.

But information about them online seem to be rather scarce. Has any one ever owned/used one? would like some feedback or comments about them. Also if anyone knows how they perform next to a Tetsubin, that would be good to know too.

The type i am looking at getting looks like this :
http://www.aurlia.com.tw/upload/A03J10000-1S.JPG

It feels like rock or very coarse sandpaper on the surface, and the inside isn't glazed.

I'm heading to Taiwan end of March and am hoping to get a set in Taipei. :wink:
[b]I am Ratbert, hear me[color=#FF0000] ROAR[/color]![/b]
(Yancha enthusiast, beginning journey to level up in Liu Bao

Feb 11th, '14, 11:08

Re: Anyone ever tried Lin's Ceramics Kettle & Stove?

by kyarazen » Feb 11th, '14, 11:08

paging teaism!! :P

he have had 6 pieces of the 1st gen purion kettle and a few pieces of the 2nd gen which he kindly gave me one

the picture you posted is the 2nd gen one.. it pours fantastically.. (a little obscene though) but albeit fragile if you are not careful with the spout

simply boiling tap water in the 2nd gen on the stove softens and sweetens the water. i find it a delight to use.

i've recently gone into a mini purion craze, buying purion pots.. purion mug.. purion cup etc.. just to do experiments together with normal ceramics and different yixing types.. :lol:

i'm in the opinion that the final redox state of purion ware is in the reduced state which could be good for water, and for heavily oxidized teas.

Ratbert wrote:I've been rather interested to get a kettle & stove combo from Lin's Ceramics since the first time i've seen it in some shops here.

But information about them online seem to be rather scarce. Has any one ever owned/used one? would like some feedback or comments about them. Also if anyone knows how they perform next to a Tetsubin, that would be good to know too.

The type i am looking at getting looks like this :
http://www.aurlia.com.tw/upload/A03J10000-1S.JPG

It feels like rock or very coarse sandpaper on the surface, and the inside isn't glazed.

I'm heading to Taiwan end of March and am hoping to get a set in Taipei. :wink:
茶禅无味之味
杯中无意之禅
乃是无中生勿有
茶叶展方何其音?

Feb 11th, '14, 11:31

by wyardley » Feb 11th, '14, 11:31

I have them. The alcohol burner is more suitable for keeping the water warm than for boiling water. I would suggest the 1.5 L, vs. the smaller or larger model.

Feb 11th, '14, 11:32

by Teaism » Feb 11th, '14, 11:32

kyarazen wrote:paging teaism!! :P

he have had 6 pieces of the 1st gen purion kettle and a few pieces of the 2nd gen which he kindly gave me one

the picture you posted is the 2nd gen one.. it pours fantastically.. (a little obscene though) but albeit fragile if you are not careful with the spout

simply boiling tap water in the 2nd gen on the stove softens and sweetens the water. i find it a delight to use.
Aye aye...oops secret out again...I broke 2 of them...left them on burning stove and went out shopping.... :lol:
Anyway, I like the older purion pots as they have more character and natural. The newer ones somehow are too perfect in term of the texture of the clay. However both Purion, old and new, makes the water sweeter. Even for daily drinking water, I boil them with Purion. Yeahs purion craze....I have the full collection of it, including the tray, burner, teapots, etcetera..my curiosity really makes me crazy. :lol:

Ratbert, you can buy them from Purple Cane outlets. Shaw Parade HQ has most of the models.
www.teaism99.com

Feb 11th, '14, 11:44

by Ratbert » Feb 11th, '14, 11:44

hehehe, Teaism, sth tells me u are from Malaysia as well...

Yeah i've seen them at Purple Cane, there's one branch in the mall near where i live... and they still have the beige-ish ones that are really coarse. am looking at the medium sized one.

am tempted to just grab it from here since i already like it... but wondering if i'll get a better deal in Taipei... and at the same time worried that they won't have the one i'm looking for in TPE...

Then again, i could just grab the one here, AND get sth from Lin's Ceramics Taipei store! :twisted:
[b]I am Ratbert, hear me[color=#FF0000] ROAR[/color]![/b]
(Yancha enthusiast, beginning journey to level up in Liu Bao

Feb 11th, '14, 12:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Feb 11th, '14, 12:11

Teaism wrote:
kyarazen wrote:paging teaism!! :P

Aye aye...oops secret out again...I broke 2 of them...left them on burning stove and went out shopping.... :lol:
:lol: So when you said that he had "6 pieces of the 1st gen purion kettle," is that a kettle in 6 different (broken) pieces? :lol: just teasing....
天下がもっと広ければお互いぶつかり合うことはなかったろうに

Feb 11th, '14, 20:28

by Teaism » Feb 11th, '14, 20:28

Drax wrote:
:lol: So when you said that he had "6 pieces of the 1st gen purion kettle," is that a kettle in 6 different (broken) pieces? :lol: just teasing....

Oops ...another secret out :lol:
www.teaism99.com

Feb 11th, '14, 20:46

by Teaism » Feb 11th, '14, 20:46

Ratbert wrote:
am tempted to just grab it from here since i already like it... but wondering if i'll get a better deal in Taipei... and at the same time worried that they won't have the one i'm looking for in TPE...

Then again, i could just grab the one here, AND get sth from Lin's Ceramics Taipei store! :twisted:
Not necessarily cheaper in Taipei but you get a better range. I always look for the year of production indicated at the back of the pots and go for the earlier pieces. In Taipei you have better choices. There are 2 shops in Yingge, a place you should go for teawares. One of the place that make me go crazy. If you transit in HK, Lau Fatt Yau carry Lin Ceramic stuff too. I travel to Malaysia, HK,Taiwan and China often to savor the tea cultures.

Purple Cane in Malaysia used to have a lot of old pieces, but most of them are gone. The new ones are not too bad either.
www.teaism99.com

+ Post Reply