Feb 9th, '14, 14:58

Splinters: Silver Needles Pu-Erh For Trade

by Splinters » Feb 9th, '14, 14:58

Hi. I have 208 g (of the original 350 g) of a 2008 “Yin Zhen” (Silver Needles) cake from TeaSpring for trade. The tea is labelled Yunnan Pu-erh. It's an interesting selection, and stored to the best of my ability. TeaSpring says it was manufactured at “Lan Ting Chun, a relatively small tea factory from Yong De County that has been around since 1972.”

I have pictures of the tea and wrapper I can send you, but I apparently don't have the technical chops to alter the pictures so they can be uploaded here.

I'm not drinking pu-erh these days, so I'd love to trade it for some reasonably fresh decent Chinese oolong, green, or white tea. Other offers welcome. I imagine that shipping costs would make only US trades worthwhile.

Thanks for looking!

Feb 10th, '14, 00:24

Re: Splinters: Silver Needles Pu-Erh For Trade

by Hannah » Feb 10th, '14, 00:24

Sorry if this is obvious (my brain isn't working today), but is this a shu or sheng? :) Cheers!

Feb 10th, '14, 14:13

by Splinters » Feb 10th, '14, 14:13

Sheng.

You can see what the cake looks like at: http://www.teaspring.com/Yin-Zhen-Tea-Cake.asp

Note, however, that while the cake at the link looks the same as the one I have for trade did when whole, the tea at the link is a different cake by a different manufacturer with a different wrapper. Curiously, however, the reviews at the link from 2009-11 are reviewing the exact cake I have up for trade.

Feb 16th, '14, 21:27

by Splinters » Feb 16th, '14, 21:27

This swap offer is closed. Thanks for looking.