Xell, Zenhodo, Japanese green tea and teaware

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Jan 27th, '14, 11:52
Vendor Member

Re: Xell, Hakoniwado, Japanese green tea and teaware

by Xell » Jan 27th, '14, 11:52

Thank you :)

I got my hands on small houhin, holds 110cc when filled until border. Probably soon can get at least several Tokoname kyusu as well.

http://hakoniwado.com/houhin-hobin
hobin_01_01.jpg
hobin_01_01.jpg (19.92 KiB) Viewed 3554 times

Jan 27th, '14, 16:07

Xell, Hakoniwado, Japanese green tea and teaware

by debunix » Jan 27th, '14, 16:07

Beautiful!

Feb 16th, '14, 22:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 16th, '14, 22:56

Sencha Ran ... very good and a very good value! Nice depth in aroma and full flavored.

blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 17th, '14, 11:54
Vendor Member

by Xell » Feb 17th, '14, 11:54

Chip, glad you liked it!

I just fixed photos, noticed that white balance was off. When took photos forgot to change mode :) Until shincha most likely won't be any more new teas, expect Yame matcha genmaicha.

Feb 21st, '14, 15:12

by Chip » Feb 21st, '14, 15:12

Fukamushi Botan opened today. The dry leaf aroma was mind blowing.

EDIT: oops, deleted the original image from my photobucket somehow. Here is another Botan session! Image

Feb 26th, '14, 13:27

by Chip » Feb 26th, '14, 13:27

New tea, Yame Organic. This may be the best organic for the price I have ever had ... on first tasting. The aroma is wonderful as well.

Apr 12th, '14, 10:39
Vendor Member

by Xell » Apr 12th, '14, 10:39

I thought of completing some side jobs before shincha season starts, but one of projects gone really wrong and got me swallowed completely. Getting sick in that time didn't help either.

Returned home few days ago and finally sorted out most things, including photos of new teapots :D

Added many Tokoname kyusu from 100ml to 360ml and thanks to good source i can keep the prices at same level as local retail prices in Tokoname.

Jun 13th, '14, 12:23
Vendor Member

by Xell » Jun 13th, '14, 12:23

My luck is not so good this year, only recently more or less recovered from health problems. About a week and half could return home. Sadly health insurance only covers part of expenses, so this will take a while to recover too :(

But there are also good news, shincha is now available along with some new teas. Better late than never :) In addition, soon i might also have limited amount of Yame temomicha! I already have small amount on my hands and will take photos soon.

Some photos still missing, but i'm working on this. Hope i can complete them in a day or two.

And another note, we moved to new domain and shop name also has changed to Zenhodo. I'm not native english speaker and was not aware that Hakoniwado was difficult to remember, many were not sure how to pronounce it either. Thanks to feedback from bambooforest, who made me realize this and few other problems i had.
New address - http://zenhodo.com

Jun 13th, '14, 13:07

Re: Xell, Zenhodo, Japanese green tea and teaware

by William » Jun 13th, '14, 13:07

I wish you a speedy recovery! Think about all the tea that is waiting to be drunk! :D

Have a nice day.

Jun 13th, '14, 23:05

by Chip » Jun 13th, '14, 23:05

Great to have you back! Hope your health is getting better each day.

Also great to hear about your shincha as I have been anxious to again have some of your Yame shincha!

Jun 17th, '14, 10:27
Vendor Member

by Xell » Jun 17th, '14, 10:27

Thanks, as long as i don't forget to drink my medicine i'm almost fine. Should be possible to completely recover too.

Almost done with photos and adding new items. Added matcha beginner kits again, though different chawans this time.

For teachat members also can make custom Tokoname ceramic orders (not limited to kyusu), the product lineup is rather big and there is no way i can add everything to my shop, especially kyusu well over 10000yen. So if someone is searching for something special, can send full catalog.

Dec 4th, '14, 10:34

by demonyc » Dec 4th, '14, 10:34

Hey Xell, great online shop you've got, and I must say your new name and branding is pretty cool and will probably help non-Japanese-speaking customers remember it. :) I really like your lineup of tea, and hope to taste through all of them as time and tea budget allows! ;)

:idea: May I also suggest you update the original post with your new website link as well for newcomers to this topic? It may help reduce confusion!

Feb 12th, '15, 11:54
Vendor Member

by Xell » Feb 12th, '15, 11:54

Hello everyone, i was absent rather long this time.

We are going to move soon to other city, out of Nagasaki prefecture (finally!!!!), most likely Yame. Yes, my dream actually is really close to become reality :) But in case it actually fails, Hagi is backup plan. Which is also not bad at all, last year was my first visit there. Anyway, page update is not here yet, way too many things had to handle recently, no time even for forum. Will update around march.

Something of interest though, i started sale of what i have left of teas. 40% off. Lasts until no stock left or we move out, around end of February. Teas were processed from aracha and packed in october/november.

Feb 12th, '15, 19:45

by William » Feb 12th, '15, 19:45

Xell wrote:Hello everyone, i was absent rather long this time.

We are going to move soon to other city, out of Nagasaki prefecture (finally!!!!), most likely Yame. Yes, my dream actually is really close to become reality :) But in case it actually fails, Hagi is backup plan. Which is also not bad at all, last year was my first visit there. Anyway, page update is not here yet, way too many things had to handle recently, no time even for forum. Will update around march.

Something of interest though, i started sale of what i have left of teas. 40% off. Lasts until no stock left or we move out, around end of February. Teas were processed from aracha and packed in october/november.
Good luck, Xell! :)

Feb 12th, '15, 19:50

by Chip » Feb 12th, '15, 19:50

Awesome! Hopefully this will help you excel, Xell! :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply