Sencha Fukujyu and other types.

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 23rd, '14, 14:25

Sencha Fukujyu and other types.

by ClarG » Feb 23rd, '14, 14:25

I've only had sencha Fukujyu once. I enjoyed it but I'm not an expert on sencha or the many varieties of it.

The Fukujyu tasted vegetal and grassy but it was not overly astringent or overly sweet; but it was slightly sweet but not like matcha. Does that make sense?

How can you tell which type of Sencha you have? Or when it was harvested or how moderately, lightly or heavily it was steamed?
Last edited by ClarG on Feb 23rd, '14, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 23rd, '14, 14:51
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Sencha Fukujyu and other types.

by Chip » Feb 23rd, '14, 14:51

I have likely only seen this "selection" listed once or twice, never had it ... and know virtually nothing about it.

A quick glance at a google search reveals a list of vendors that are not exactly on my list of favorites which might be a good reason not to go to too much trouble to get it.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 1st, '14, 16:48

Re: Sencha Fukujyu and other types.

by ClarG » Mar 1st, '14, 16:48

Chip wrote:I have likely only seen this "selection" listed once or twice, never had it ... and know virtually nothing about it.

A quick glance at a google search reveals a list of vendors that are not exactly on my list of favorites which might be a good reason not to go to too much trouble to get it.
Yes I have searched for vendors in the United States who carry it, and I have not found any that are not expensive. I also found some European vendors both via searching google and on ebay and the with the conversion of currency plus the price international shipping I could just get some of the other sencha I posted about and be content with that. The cafe I first had it in during college may still have this tea and I could buy some from them as they're not far away; but right now I have enough tea I need to drink.

+ Post Reply