Tea with friends

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 3rd, '14, 11:57

Tea with friends

by Athelthral » Mar 3rd, '14, 11:57

I've been lurking here for a while now and felt it was high time I made myself an account and emerged, at least a little, from the shadows.

Like many people from the UK I've always been surrounded by tea, drunk it for longer than I can remember and like the sad majority never really thought much about it or paid any real attention to what I was drinking. This began to change about five years ago when I had a brief flirtation with Japanese green tea, sourcing more carefully and drinking with the attention it deserved. At this point I made my first friend through tea, here he is.
IMGP2539.JPG
IMGP2539.JPG (22.93 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
We've been friends for a while now, sadly our relationship floundered for a while as I explored my love for The Other Hot Drink and tea fell by the wayside. Years later I happened to stumble upon some decent oolong which had been abandoned in the office after being received by a colleague as a gift. A few cups later and I found myself wondering if maybe I should be giving tea another chance and began to idly browse the internet in search of guidance. At this point I made the crucial error of coming here and my fate was sealed. Before I knew it I had a shipment of tea winging its way to me and you'd even introduced me to another friend...
IMGP2533.JPG
IMGP2533.JPG (18.18 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
and another...
IMGP2573.JPG
IMGP2573.JPG (22.46 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
And others whose pictures will perhaps wait until I work out how to take vaguely decent shots. I think it's apparent the tea gates have been opened, I'm irretrievably lost and it's all your fault.

As for the tea I'm shifting back towards sencha and really just trying to establish my tastes at the moment. I like most of what I drink but am yet to really work out what of the things available to drink I like most, I'm still in that glorious period of exploration and loving every minute of it.

Mar 3rd, '14, 12:26

Re: Tea with friends

by Teaism » Mar 3rd, '14, 12:26

I am really encouraged to hear your story about your passion on tea. We always have this wonderful happiness within ourselves once we immersed ourselves into tea hobby, no matter how recent or long since we started this hobby.

Cheers! :D and welcome to the wonderful world of tea. It is a crazy (in a good way) hobby :lol: but always happy. :lol:

Mar 3rd, '14, 12:59

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Mar 3rd, '14, 12:59

Very nice pieces and a very rich share! Welcome and blessings! :D

Mar 3rd, '14, 13:16

by debunix » Mar 3rd, '14, 13:16

Tea and teawares are endlessly patient, never jealous when you flirt with other beverages, knowing you'll be back....

Mar 25th, '14, 10:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 25th, '14, 10:50

Athelthral wrote:I've been lurking here for a while now and felt it was high time I made myself an account and emerged, at least a little, from the shadows. I think it's apparent the tea gates have been opened, I'm irretrievably lost and it's all your fault.
As for the tea I'm shifting back towards sencha and really just trying to establish my tastes at the moment. I like most of what I drink but am yet to really work out what of the things available to drink I like most, I'm still in that glorious period of exploration and loving every minute of it.
Hi Athelthral, glad your path brought you back to TEA! ... to sencha, the only way!!! :lol: Just Kidding of course.

If you've been lurking, you know that Japanese green is my way so of course I am happy to see you to come back to it!

I am looking forward to your sharing here with us on TC!

+ Post Reply