Mar 2nd, '14, 22:37

Purion teapots

by Emmett » Mar 2nd, '14, 22:37

Does anyone know of any online vendors which would have all of the Purion teapots for sale not just one or two.

Mar 3rd, '14, 08:00

Re: Purion teapots

by kyarazen » Mar 3rd, '14, 08:00

you mean from tao zuo fang?

contact them directly.. they accept paypal :)

Mar 3rd, '14, 11:23

by NPE » Mar 3rd, '14, 11:23

Do you maybe have an email address?
On http://tw104632217.en.gongchang.com/about I only see the telephone and fax numbers and the snail mail address.
Email is not only quicker and easier to translate but also much cheaper.

(and yes: I am also very interested in purchasing one or two items - at least that's what I keep telling myself. No idea what the actual number will be :lol: )

Mar 3rd, '14, 11:32

by wert » Mar 3rd, '14, 11:32

You have got the website wrong, they do translate their site into English.

http://www.aurlia.com.tw/contact.php?lang=en

Mar 3rd, '14, 11:53

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Mar 3rd, '14, 11:53

I've contacted Lin's by email a couple of times, in both English and Mandarin, and they did not previously respond to any of my emails. Since we are in Taiwan each year, I just let it be and gave up trying to connect with them and instead purchased my items from one of their shops in Taizhong, Taiwan. Hopefully they have improved their responsiveness to emails and inquiries. It's always somewhat baffling to me that they have not tried to have a deeper presence in the U.S.

I do know that Camellia Sinensis in Canada stocks some of their products, as well as a few other places, but they only offer a few pieces.

Blessings!

Mar 3rd, '14, 12:14

by Teaism » Mar 3rd, '14, 12:14

It is good to visit the shop if possible as Purion is semi handmade and there are a lot of variations in the tone and finishes of the clay. Likewise for some of the celadon too. I find the earlier pieces of Purion especially early 2000s pieces are more dramatic and the feel is better. The newer made pieces somehow lack dimension to me. Over the years I visited many tea shops selling a Purion in Malaysia, HK, Taiwan and Singapore and always end up picking the older production pieces. But that is my personal expectations and overall they are quite nice generally.

Cheers! :D

Mar 3rd, '14, 20:13

by kyarazen » Mar 3rd, '14, 20:13

NPE wrote:Do you maybe have an email address?
On http://tw104632217.en.gongchang.com/about I only see the telephone and fax numbers and the snail mail address.
Email is not only quicker and easier to translate but also much cheaper.

(and yes: I am also very interested in purchasing one or two items - at least that's what I keep telling myself. No idea what the actual number will be :lol: )

try aurlia20 @ aurlia.com.tw
contact's name is novia

teaism's right, it can be good to see the pieces in person as purion, unlike other materials can have lots of coloration, and patches, patterns in the clay due to the repeated oxido/reduction firings

Mar 3rd, '14, 23:40

by Emmett » Mar 3rd, '14, 23:40

Thanks for the responses, I sent them an email and they did respond, now to see what prices they quote. I will update as this progresses. And I have gotten one from cammellia sinnensis and love it. But interested in the larger pots and accessories.

Mar 6th, '14, 01:05

by Emmett » Mar 6th, '14, 01:05

So I got some prices directly from Lin's, and also found Purple Cane carry purion products but not on there online store, so I contacted them on facebook and Purple cane quoted me cheaper prices than Lin's. Then I found the Pot I was looking for scrolling thru google results for purion and found one US site had one of the pots I wanted even cheaper than Lin's and Purple Cane, with much cheaper shipping also, but they had only one last pot. So If anyone is interested in other Lin's products Purple Cane is cheaper than direct from Lin just find them on facebook and ask for the specific item, just know that shipping is still high. Best would of course be to go directly to a shop that carries them but I sure wont be able to anytime soon.

Mar 6th, '14, 10:58

by Ratbert » Mar 6th, '14, 10:58

Emmett wrote:So I got some prices directly from Lin's, and also found Purple Cane carry purion products but not on there online store, so I contacted them on facebook and Purple cane quoted me cheaper prices than Lin's. Then I found the Pot I was looking for scrolling thru google results for purion and found one US site had one of the pots I wanted even cheaper than Lin's and Purple Cane, with much cheaper shipping also, but they had only one last pot. So If anyone is interested in other Lin's products Purple Cane is cheaper than direct from Lin just find them on facebook and ask for the specific item, just know that shipping is still high. Best would of course be to go directly to a shop that carries them but I sure wont be able to anytime soon.

When u say Purple Cane was cheaper than Lin's itself... was shipping cost a factor? Am from Malaysia so i've got a couple of Purple Cane branches near where i am, but am going to taiwan soon and thought of getting some Lin's Ceramics items... if Purple Cane is really cheaper, i might just get it locally, and just window shop in Taipei lol :)

Mar 6th, '14, 11:56

by Teaism » Mar 6th, '14, 11:56

Ratbert wrote:
Emmett wrote:So I got some prices directly from Lin's, and also found Purple Cane carry purion products but not on there online store, so I contacted them on facebook and Purple cane quoted me cheaper prices than Lin's. Then I found the Pot I was looking for scrolling thru google results for purion and found one US site had one of the pots I wanted even cheaper than Lin's and Purple Cane, with much cheaper shipping also, but they had only one last pot. So If anyone is interested in other Lin's products Purple Cane is cheaper than direct from Lin just find them on facebook and ask for the specific item, just know that shipping is still high. Best would of course be to go directly to a shop that carries them but I sure wont be able to anytime soon.

When u say Purple Cane was cheaper than Lin's itself... was shipping cost a factor? Am from Malaysia so i've got a couple of Purple Cane branches near where i am, but am going to taiwan soon and thought of getting some Lin's Ceramics items... if Purple Cane is really cheaper, i might just get it locally, and just window shop in Taipei lol :)
Perhaps you should take note of the prices of the pieces you like and compare them in Taiwan. If it is cheaper in Taiwan then get it there, if not you can still buy in Malaysia. It is quite a slow moving product in Malaysia and. I am sure the pieces you want can wait for you to come back. But then again, the tone and variations matters, for me even if is more expensive, if I see a piece with soul moving expression, I would just grab it.
Have a great trip there. You should visit Jingge and watch that credit card limit...too intoxicating for tea hobbyist to hang around. :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Mar 7th, '14, 00:42

by Emmett » Mar 7th, '14, 00:42

The price from Lin's was about $50 more without adding the shipping. The shipping was almost the same. Then the one I got from the US vendor was another $10 cheaper. Of course I saved a lot on shipping as well.

Mar 7th, '14, 00:44

by Emmett » Mar 7th, '14, 00:44

Another issue could be the currency conversion from US dollar.

Mar 7th, '14, 01:42

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Mar 7th, '14, 01:42

I suspect you found this vendor already but add it to the list so others can find it here too.

(http://www.theteasmith.com/merchant2/LINS.html)

Blessings

Apr 21st, '14, 12:56

by Ratbert » Apr 21st, '14, 12:56

Brought my newly acquired 2011 Year of the Rabbit Purion pot by Lins Ceramics to my regular tea shop recently to test a few different teas with it.

Overall, it seem that it was a very "give and take" kinda pot. A little bit of the tea's profile was usually compromised, but because the pot added some sweetness to the water, it somehow gave back something to even things out.

It worked better for stuff like Liu Bao, and roasted oolongs.
As for jade oolong types, i found it impacted the tea very negatively.

I'm still feeling a bit conflicted about the pot. Because i feel like it sometimes enhances the tea by artificial means, and i'm not sure whether i like that or not. Perhaps an issue is the pot is still new, so maybe i need to use it a few more times before it will show me it's true colour s and potential :D

+ Post Reply