Darjeeling Garden Map

For general/other topics related to tea.

Mar 11th, '14, 07:29

Darjeeling Garden Map

by sherubtse » Mar 11th, '14, 07:29

For those of us who love Darjeeling teas, the Camellia-Sinensis teahouse has put up a map of Darjeeling tea gardens:

http://camellia-sinensis.com/carnet/?pa ... 12&lang=en

It is interactive & very well done.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Last edited by sherubtse on Mar 12th, '14, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 12th, '14, 13:22

Re: Darjeeling Garden Map

by Tead Off » Mar 12th, '14, 13:22

Yes, it is done well. When I was in Darjeeling, I realized how difficult it was to get around and visit many of these gardens unless you knew someone who could take you.

Mar 12th, '14, 17:05

by sherubtse » Mar 12th, '14, 17:05

Tead Off wrote:When I was in Darjeeling, I realized how difficult it was to get around and visit many of these gardens unless you knew someone who could take you.
One of the owners of the Camellia-Sinensis teahouse has a lot of experience with Darjeeling teas. He has been going there for 20-odd years to buy tea, and knows the area (and the gardens) well.

That is one reason why I buy all my Darjeelings from his shop. (I am sipping on a FF Jungpana as I type this.)

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Mar 12th, '14, 21:53

by Teaism » Mar 12th, '14, 21:53

sherubtse wrote:
Tead Off wrote:When I was in Darjeeling, I realized how difficult it was to get around and visit many of these gardens unless you knew someone who could take you.
One of the owners of the Camellia-Sinensis teahouse has a lot of experience with Darjeeling teas. He has been going there for 20-odd years to buy tea, and knows the area (and the gardens) well.

That is one reason why I buy all my Darjeelings from his shop. (I am sipping on a FF Jungpana as I type this.)

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Thanks! Will check the site. I am running low on SFTGFOP1 and hope he has some. There is a lot of blending in the market and to find a pure SFTGFOP1 is almost impossible. My previous Indian Darjeeling supplier flew in without any of this tea and shooked his head with a smile, got some Lao Banzhang and left. :D

Cheers! :D

Mar 12th, '14, 22:50

by kyarazen » Mar 12th, '14, 22:50

Teaism wrote:
Thanks! Will check the site. I am running low on SFTGFOP1 and hope he has some. There is a lot of blending in the market and to find a pure SFTGFOP1 is almost impossible. My previous Indian Darjeeling supplier flew in without any of this tea and shooked his head with a smile, got some Lao Banzhang and left. :D

wahaha! let me know if you can get some new supply of SFTGFOP :P had a whiff of your SFTGFOP1 and it was.. amazing!

Mar 12th, '14, 23:08

by Teaism » Mar 12th, '14, 23:08

kyarazen wrote:
Teaism wrote:

wahaha! let me know if you can get some new supply of SFTGFOP :P had a whiff of your SFTGFOP1 and it was.. amazing!
Will let you know... still searching for many years.

SFTGFOP1 - Super Fine Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe – Grade 1

Remember we had a good laugh when I shared with you how to remember this:

SFTGFOP1 - Simply Freaking Too Good For Ordinary People.

(I replaced the word Freaking for moderation...ooops!. :lol:)

Mar 13th, '14, 00:43
Vendor Member

by ethan » Mar 13th, '14, 00:43

Thanks, that's funny & probably more accurate than usual.

+ Post Reply