Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby solitude » Mar 9th, '14, 11:28

Tuochatea sells the 2008 Dayi 7542, 8582 and other blends for suspiciously low price. Did some of you have any experience with them?

http://www.tuochatea.com/factory-d2/menghai-c9/

User avatar solitude
Posts: 167
Joined: Nov 08, '10
Location: Basel (Switzerland), Slovakia

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby mr mopu » Mar 9th, '14, 13:07

The 8582 is legit and aged very well. It is a very pleasant sheng with no off flavors or any hint of excess humidity. A friend of mine ordered the 7542 a whole tong. I can update you after his tong comes in if you wish. Feel free to message me if I can be of any assistance. 8)

mr mopu
Posts: 390
Joined: Feb 17, '13

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby AllanK » Mar 9th, '14, 21:14

solitude wrote:Tuochatea sells the 2008 Dayi 7542, 8582 and other blends for suspiciously low price. Did some of you have any experience with them?

http://www.tuochatea.com/factory-d2/menghai-c9/

How is touchatea.com. What are people's experiences wtih them. Their prices look excellent. How is their shipping?

AllanK
Posts: 335
Joined: Jul 13, '13

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby mr mopu » Mar 9th, '14, 22:12

AllanK wrote:
solitude wrote:Tuochatea sells the 2008 Dayi 7542, 8582 and other blends for suspiciously low price. Did some of you have any experience with them?

http://www.tuochatea.com/factory-d2/menghai-c9/

How is touchatea.com. What are people's experiences wtih them. Their prices look excellent. How is their shipping?

They take about 9 or 10 weeks to delivery but their packaging for everything to arrive to you is really good. Lots of double wrap foam and each cake packed separately.

mr mopu
Posts: 390
Joined: Feb 17, '13

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby quikstep » Mar 10th, '14, 04:15

mr mopu wrote:The 8582 is legit and aged very well. It is a very pleasant sheng with no off flavors or any hint of excess humidity. A friend of mine ordered the 7542 a whole tong. I can update you after his tong comes in if you wish. Feel free to message me if I can be of any assistance. 8)


i'm at least interested to know which batch number is this very good priced 2008 7542 :wink:

quikstep
Posts: 59
Joined: Apr 18, '13
Contact quikstep:

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby mr mopu » Mar 10th, '14, 07:00

quikstep wrote:
mr mopu wrote:The 8582 is legit and aged very well. It is a very pleasant sheng with no off flavors or any hint of excess humidity. A friend of mine ordered the 7542 a whole tong. I can update you after his tong comes in if you wish. Feel free to message me if I can be of any assistance. 8)


i'm at least interested to know which batch number is this very good priced 2008 7542 :wink:

I will try to remember to update you when his comes in.

mr mopu
Posts: 390
Joined: Feb 17, '13

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby solitude » Mar 10th, '14, 17:27

thank you!

User avatar solitude
Posts: 167
Joined: Nov 08, '10
Location: Basel (Switzerland), Slovakia

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby iGo » Mar 12th, '14, 08:26

I have both. The 8582 batch is <806>. The 7542 is also <806>.

The 7542 in particular is highly compressed.

Cheers.

User avatar iGo
Posts: 92
Joined: Oct 24, '11
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby honza » Mar 12th, '14, 10:59

I guess they forgot change prices of their teas in this website, Good chance to buy cheap big factory teas. Xiaguan and Haiwan are also cheaper than actual prices in China shops or Taobao I think

User avatar honza
Vendor Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Jan 24, '11
Location: Yunnan
Contact honza:

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby MEversbergII » Mar 12th, '14, 11:13

Hoping they'll still be at that price when I have some cash here soon :shock:

M.

User avatar MEversbergII
Posts: 476
Joined: Mar 25, '13
Location: Lexington Park, Maryland

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby LEOSCAT » Mar 20th, '14, 04:19

Wow, just had to bite on a tong of the 8582 and a couple of the 7542. Too good to pass up. Thanks for the heads up. Now the long wait begins :wink:

LEOSCAT
Posts: 25
Joined: Nov 01, '13
Location: California

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby Exempt » Mar 20th, '14, 21:51

Figured I'd jump on the bandwagon so I ordered a few different menghai and xiaguan sheng puerhs. Hopefully they're well stored and real but I just couldn't wait for it to be verified :lol: The puerh bug made me do it :roll:

Exempt
Posts: 403
Joined: Dec 09, '12
Location: Seattle

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby Balthazar » Mar 21st, '14, 11:22

Exempt wrote:Figured I'd jump on the bandwagon so I ordered a few different menghai and xiaguan sheng puerhs. Hopefully they're well stored and real but I just couldn't wait for it to be verified :lol: The puerh bug made me do it :roll:


Ditto.

Good to know that if the price is too good to be true I'm not the only one who has made a mistake :)

User avatar Balthazar
Posts: 134
Joined: Mar 10, '14
Location: Norway

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby Exempt » Mar 21st, '14, 11:41

Balthazar wrote:
Exempt wrote:Figured I'd jump on the bandwagon so I ordered a few different menghai and xiaguan sheng puerhs. Hopefully they're well stored and real but I just couldn't wait for it to be verified :lol: The puerh bug made me do it :roll:


Ditto.

Good to know that if the price is too good to be true I'm not the only one who has made a mistake :)

We'll fail or succeed together :lol:

Exempt
Posts: 403
Joined: Dec 09, '12
Location: Seattle

Re: Menghai shengs from tuochatea.com

Postby portabletea » Mar 21st, '14, 18:33

LOL i think i might jump the bandwagon too as my first purchase of pu-erh tea or any good tea other than some black teas from the middle east.
any particular ones that are (or should be pretty good?)

portabletea
Posts: 8
Joined: Mar 20, '14


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest