Constant Comment?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Jun 7th, '05, 16:05
Mod/Admin

Constant Comment?

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:05

Constant Comment tea was one of my favourites, since I was a child. I haven't seen a "Constant Comment" among the many wonderful adagio teas and was wondering if any of them are similar to this old favourite of mine. I've gotten spoiled by *good* tea, and I'd hate to have to resort to 2nd rate tea bags just to get that flavour.

Sherri A

Jun 7th, '05, 16:05
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:05

Thanks for the post.

Probably the closest we've got to Constant Comment is the Oriental Spice. Both are black teas with contain orange rind and spices. Here is the link:

http://www.adagio.com/flavors/oriental_spice.html

Enjoy,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Nov 1st, '05, 15:35

Constant Comment

by Teatime » Nov 1st, '05, 15:35

Constant Comment is one of my favorite teas. I prefer the loose tea to the bags.

But since I've been reading all of the interesting entries, I am considering regeristering on this site an order some tea.

Teatime

Nov 2nd, '05, 03:25

by Marlene » Nov 2nd, '05, 03:25

I've had a couple of friends mention that the oriental spice tasted very like constant comment, only better.
Marlene
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Nov 2nd, '05, 23:47

by Guest » Nov 2nd, '05, 23:47

I've tried three of Adagio's "spice" teas (Oriental, Christmas, and Pumpkin), and none of them tastes remotely like Constant Comment. If that's your goal, you will likely be disappointed. The spice flavors are far too weak

If Adagio made decent attempts at a CC flavored tea, a strong chai, and a Stash-style Moroccan Mint, I would never buy tea from anyone else again. Judging by the posts on this board, I'm not alone.

Nov 14th, '05, 19:43

by teaspoon » Nov 14th, '05, 19:43

I've had a couple of friends mention that the oriental spice tasted very like constant comment, only better.
I've tried three of Adagio's "spice" teas (Oriental, Christmas, and Pumpkin), and none of them tastes remotely like Constant Comment.
Isn't it fascinating that different people can try the same thing and taste it completely differently? I think that's kinda cool.

~teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Nov 14th, '05, 19:58

by Teatime » Nov 14th, '05, 19:58

I placed another order which included the Christmas tea. I think that will make a wonderful substitute for the Constant Comment.

I cannot wait to try it!

Teatime

Nov 15th, '05, 10:32

by klemptor » Nov 15th, '05, 10:32

I adore the Christmas blend! :)
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

+ Post Reply