Your place to order Tea online

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 2nd, '14, 17:44

Your place to order Tea online

by Ranthael » Feb 2nd, '14, 17:44

Where do you order your tea online?

Last, I order mine here:
yumbles dot com tea
I tried deal extreme before, they had deals on a large shipment for low money. To cut it short, it's not worth it. The flavour is... Missing.

I had a friend who worked at google china, so I got the best brewed tea around, but it's not a choice anymore:) So where do you get your tea other than local tea stores?
Last edited by Chip on Apr 16th, '14, 10:14, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: MOD Edit: Link broken due to forum rules violation. Please read forum rules, in particular regarding new members and posting links.

Feb 3rd, '14, 09:18

Re: Your place to order Tea online

by MEversbergII » Feb 3rd, '14, 09:18

Pu'er shop, Rishi and Den's get most of my business lately.

I also used to order from TeaHong in HK frequently.

M.

Feb 4th, '14, 23:39

by tea girl » Feb 4th, '14, 23:39

When I learned my usual white tea was currently unavailable on Amazon I began searching for another white tea. I was using only bags at the time. Last week I found a local tea shop in my neighborhood. I bought a bag of loose tea and a box of Revolution White Pear Tea. Both are great ( to me in my very limited capacity to judge such things). However, further investigation led me to believe I will rapidly outgrow that store. I am sure I will eventually order from online sources in the future.

Feb 5th, '14, 09:25

by MEversbergII » Feb 5th, '14, 09:25

What style of white tea? I'm guessing Peony or "New Technique" (Shou Mei)?

M.

Feb 5th, '14, 11:03

by tea girl » Feb 5th, '14, 11:03

Hi MEversbergII,

I am so new, I have no idea about style.

I was drinking white tea from Ceylon teas. Now that I know there is a world of tea out there I won't be ordering it again. Doing research I learned I was drinking tea dust.

I tried Triple Leaf Organic White Tea but did not like the taste. It was too strong and a bit bitter even at shorter steeping times.

I am looking for a tea which brews to a light color.

I had been drinking Japanese Green Tea by Choice Organics for years. I have read white tea has even more anti-oxidant properties. Also, I have new dental work and I read white tea and peppermint tea is the best for avoiding stains. I'm not a peppermint fan.

I have a bag of loose tea called Bai Mu Dan White Tea from Tacoma Trading company. It's good but I really have no comparison. I was able to get 4 servings from 2g of tea.

I also have Revolution White Pear Tea which was very good.

What do you drink?

Feb 5th, '14, 14:09

by JRS22 » Feb 5th, '14, 14:09

Hi Tea Girl,

Have you looked at the Adagio tea web site? There's a link in the upper right hand corner of the forum, since they're the sponsors. There are photos of the teas along with the descriptions, and tea is available in sample packets so you can experiment. My experience has been that the tea is fresh and a good quality for the price.

Feb 5th, '14, 16:41

by MEversbergII » Feb 5th, '14, 16:41

tea girl wrote:Hi MEversbergII,

I was drinking white tea from Ceylon teas. Now that I know there is a world of tea out there I won't be ordering it again. Doing research I learned I was drinking tea dust.

I tried Triple Leaf Organic White Tea but did not like the taste. It was too strong and a bit bitter even at shorter steeping times.

I had been drinking Japanese Green Tea by Choice Organics for years. I have read white tea has even more anti-oxidant properties. Also, I have new dental work and I read white tea and peppermint tea is the best for avoiding stains. I'm not a peppermint fan.

I have a bag of loose tea called Bai Mu Dan White Tea from Tacoma Trading company. It's good but I really have no comparison. I was able to get 4 servings from 2g of tea.

What do you drink?
Bai Mu Dan is actually Pinyn for "White Peony" - Peonies being Mudan and Bai being white. I prefer baihao yhinzhin - Silver Needles.

Looks like this:
http://www.viconyteas.com/images4/dimag ... n-zhen.jpg

Lately, however, my white tea has been Rishi's white peony. I'm not sure if I can recommend it though, as I've had some inconsistent results with my latest order. I'm not super analytical though, so I wouldn't read too deeply into it.

Don't worry about the antioxident properties of tea. It actually doesn't do anything. It's how I got into tea but once I dug through the science behind it all, the veil was lifted. Now I'm just in it for the culture, the gastronomy and the enjoyment of it all.

M.

Feb 6th, '14, 10:52

by tea girl » Feb 6th, '14, 10:52

MEversbergII wrote:
tea girl wrote:Hi MEversbergII,

What do you drink?
Bai Mu Dan is actually Pinyn for "White Peony" - Peonies being Mudan and Bai being white. I prefer baihao yhinzhin - Silver Needles.

Looks like this:
http://www.viconyteas.com/images4/dimag ... n-zhen.jpg

Lately, however, my white tea has been Rishi's white peony. I'm not sure if I can recommend it though, as I've had some inconsistent results with my latest order. I'm not super analytical though, so I wouldn't read too deeply into it.

Don't worry about the antioxident properties of tea. It actually doesn't do anything. It's how I got into tea but once I dug through the science behind it all, the veil was lifted. Now I'm just in it for the culture, the gastronomy and the enjoyment of it all.

M.
Hi MEversbergII,

The tea store I visited suggested I buy the Silver Needle. Having read so many positive reviews, I was afraid I would like it so well I would not want to try anything else. The price was $15 for 2 ounces. I thought that was really expensive. However, I did not realize 2g go a long, long way. I used 2g white peony leaves for 2 days (5 cups) before discarding it. Am I able to use the Silver Needle leaves for several cups?

The tea shop carried a white peony by Rishi. I think it was $7 /bag.

I'm terribly disappointed to hear about the antioxidants in tea. I was drinking green tea for years (just pouring boiling water on the bag (I didn't know better back then :wink: ) .

Feb 7th, '14, 10:20

by MEversbergII » Feb 7th, '14, 10:20

Yeah, I belong to a wider "health" community and pretty generally we've taken anti-oxidants to be bunk. Even the FDA has scrubbed their ORAC scale. Your body makes it's own - Glutathione is the primary one, along with various other peptides. Better health via diet is, by and large, best done with broad strokes.

In my experience, silver needles do last for more cups at a given concentration than white peony. The silver needles I've had tend to be very forgiving on brewing technique as well. I used to get mine from TeaHong, but as of late I've been ordering from domestic retailers so I haven't tried anyone's yet for reasons that simply escape me.

M.

Feb 9th, '14, 00:27

by ClarG » Feb 9th, '14, 00:27

I've ordered tea online from Norbu, Big tea house, Stash, various tea companies or sellers on ebay, Darlene's teaport, Adagio, from a person here on teachat who had extra tea they wanted to sell that was a type of tea I wanted to drink, and all were fine.

I've bought loose tea in local stores and cafes that sell it, Asian markets/supermarkets, and at the New Mexico tea company.
Last edited by ClarG on Feb 9th, '14, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 9th, '14, 00:35

by debunix » Feb 9th, '14, 00:35

Although the header posts for the TeaVendor topics have not been kept up to date with all the nominations that have been made, there are a bunch of relevant posts in here.

Personally, I have most often ordered from Norbu, but have had good teas from many sources online, including TeaHabitat, Yunnan Sourcing, JingTeaShop, HouDe, Yuuki-Cha, O-Cha, OriginTea, Morning Crane Tea, Hankook, Essence of Tea, and I've probably forgotten a few more.

Mar 21st, '14, 18:47

by portabletea » Mar 21st, '14, 18:47

anybody know if there are any good vendors on amazon I have some cashback on my card and want to directly use them and amazon lets me do that lol any suggestions?

May 6th, '14, 01:56

by Dracaenae » May 6th, '14, 01:56

Hey teagirl, are you from the Tacoma area? If so, there is a hole-in-the wall tea company downtown on the bus corridor called Mad Hat Tea Company that sells loose leaf. Yeah, the owner is an Alice in Wonderland fanatic (original book art), but will brew you a cup of tea right there to try any variety.

+ Post Reply