Mar 17th, '14, 13:04

What one guilty pleasure you enjoy with tea?

by yalokinh » Mar 17th, '14, 13:04

For me its not really a guilty pleasure, but I love earl grey with milk and sugar every once in a while. I only drink straight teas besides that

Mar 17th, '14, 13:16

Re: What one guilty pleasure you enjoy with tea?

by CWarren » Mar 17th, '14, 13:16

Edited
Last edited by CWarren on Apr 22nd, '14, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 17th, '14, 13:24

What one guilty pleasure you enjoy with tea?

by mcrdotcom » Mar 17th, '14, 13:24

I drink supermarket tea bag black with milk everyday! In normal society it feels like loose leaf tea is my guilty pleasure, yet in the tea community tea bags and milk seems like a guilty pleasure!

I find that funny! :P

Mar 17th, '14, 13:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 17th, '14, 13:46

I will, as the weather begins to warm, begin to make more iced sencha and the like. Since I generally make iced sencha with later steeps versus first or second steeps and have more than a bit of a sweet tooth, I will often prepare this with just a bit of honey which not only gives it a touch of different sweetness, but it also acts as a natural preservative.

Since I have a wide array of honey, this is a source of never-ending, subtle variety.

And that is about as wild and crazy as I get as of late ... 8)

Mar 17th, '14, 13:51

by debunix » Mar 17th, '14, 13:51

No one guilty pleasure, but many....chocolate, cookies, other desserts....and especially with puerh or dark oolongs, savory snacks too.

Mar 17th, '14, 13:55
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 17th, '14, 13:55

debunix wrote:No one guilty pleasure, but many....chocolate, cookies, other desserts....and especially with puerh or dark oolongs, savory snacks too.
I save these for post tea partay(s)! Because everyone knows tea blocks the body from absorbing all those fats, right? :wink:

I used to eat a piece of dark chocolate quite often with tea ... not quite sure why that went away.

Mar 17th, '14, 14:03
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Mar 17th, '14, 14:03

If we aren't going to talk nibbles with our tea (shortbread... mmm), I guess my guilty pleasure would be maple syrup with my chai. I like the way the spices in the chai go with the syrup.

Mar 17th, '14, 15:15
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Mar 17th, '14, 15:15

I have no guilt about anything I do or have done with tea or otherwise. :D

Mar 17th, '14, 17:30

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Mar 17th, '14, 17:30

mcrdotcom wrote:I drink supermarket tea bag black with milk everyday! In normal society it feels like loose leaf tea is my guilty pleasure, yet in the tea community tea bags and milk seems like a guilty pleasure!

Well Said! :lol:
debunix wrote:No one guilty pleasure, but many....chocolate, cookies, other desserts....and especially with puerh or dark oolongs, savory snacks too.
If I'm pouring for myself then tea alone is my "guiltless pleasure" but if I am pouring for others I drive to the Ranch 99 Asian market to buy various, fresh moon cakes (taro, red bean, lotus, green tea filling, etc.) and other subtly sweet East Asian treats from the bakery there. My wife and I particularly like the way the Chinese moon cakes are not overly sweet yet they are filling and subtle and don't ruin the ability to taste tea. I've read before that tea inhibits the amylase enzyme and thus allows some sugars to pass through the digestive system undigested because they remain in an unbroken form. I have the studies of this for green tea but am not sure if it is true for all tea. Either way, having a subtle sweet to accompany tea seems fitting when pouring for others and to ward off any stomach discomfort as the tea engages the belly...also to extend the ability to keep on drinking tea :) . As well, the Chinese moon cakes are very attractive and artistic in and of themselves; I cut them into quarters and prepare them on a small plate.

The guiltiest pleasure of tea for me is the serene silence/stillness of a solitary pour, whether in the tea room or on the tea deck in the garden.

Blessings!

Mar 23rd, '14, 12:32

by kyarazen » Mar 23rd, '14, 12:32

mcrdotcom wrote:I drink supermarket tea bag black with milk everyday! In normal society it feels like loose leaf tea is my guilty pleasure, yet in the tea community tea bags and milk seems like a guilty pleasure!

nothing wrong with that..

i socially and regularly drink sock-brewed tea dust... together with a douse of sugared condense milk doped with vegetable fat.... :lol:

pretty enjoyable though, especially if it has been repeatedly aerated by pouring it from a cup to another with some height and accuracy. this is tea in our region, our culture. not so much of fancy tiny pots and graceful dispensing anymore.. :lol:

Mar 23rd, '14, 12:42

by Teaism » Mar 23rd, '14, 12:42

kyarazen wrote:

nothing wrong with that..

i socially and regularly drink sock-brewed tea dust... together with a douse of sugared condense milk doped with vegetable fat.... :lol:

pretty enjoyable though, especially if it has been repeatedly aerated by pouring it from a cup to another with some height and accuracy. this is tea in our region, our culture. not so much of fancy tiny pots and graceful dispensing anymore.. :lol:
Yes! I love it too and a must have everyday. The local call it Teh Tarik and I love it even more if they add ginger juice in it. The hotter the better. :lol:

Cheers! :D

Mar 23rd, '14, 12:55

by wert » Mar 23rd, '14, 12:55

Teaism wrote: Yes! I love it too and a must have everyday. The local call it Teh Tarik and I love it even more if they add ginger juice in it. The hotter the better. :lol:

Cheers! :D
Add ginger, Teh Halia already. It is hard to find a good one now, dying art. Any recommendations?

Mar 24th, '14, 20:39

by teaformeplease » Mar 24th, '14, 20:39

Macarons are definitely a guilty pleasure for me and they go great with tea. I've also fallen into the habit of occasionally sweetening my homemade matcha lattes with chocolate syrup instead of the usual agave. Decadent, sweet and just what the doctor ordered when I've had one of those days :P

Mar 24th, '14, 22:40

by toasterburn » Mar 24th, '14, 22:40

Good cheese goes well with tea.

Mar 25th, '14, 04:59

by Tead Off » Mar 25th, '14, 04:59

So many guilty pleasures to have with tea. Walker's shortbread is one of mine. :D

+ Post Reply