Mar 20th, '14, 02:11

Do you shake/whirl the pot while preparing fukamushi?

by gunbuster363 » Mar 20th, '14, 02:11

When I had done brewing green tea and about to pour it into the tea cup, I tend to give the pot a whirl so that the tea in the pot got mix up evenly.

Now I am thinking if I do this with fuka, I might get too much fine particle in my tea and it got really green and cloudy even at the first infusion.

What do you do?

Mar 20th, '14, 03:25

Re: Do you shake/whirl the pot while preparing fukamushi?

by JRS22 » Mar 20th, '14, 03:25

If I'm brewing more than one cup at a time I pour the tea into a server and from there into the cups. I still sometimes give the pot a little shake if there's tea blocking the spout.

Mar 20th, '14, 06:06

by Alex » Mar 20th, '14, 06:06

With Fuka (and all sencha) I don't like the leaves moved around too much at all. I use the slowest pour possible and keep the leaves as still as possible. If a swirl is needed to unblock things then I do, but the tea never taste as good if I have to. For me it seems bashing the leaves around in any way shape or form makes the tea not taste as nice......that's not to say its bad its just not as good as when there's been minimal movement to the leaves. :mrgreen:

Mar 25th, '14, 12:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 25th, '14, 12:46

... I have noticed that I have been giving the kyusu a very gentle swirl when brewing all sencha. I think I started doing this when I saw a Japanese woman who is also a vendor Japanese teas do this ... and she brewed really magnificent sencha.

Though I have not done side by side testing to see which is better.

+ Post Reply