Green Teabag

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Apr 2nd, '14, 03:11

Green Teabag

by gunbuster363 » Apr 2nd, '14, 03:11

Hi,

I am looking for any good green teabag which have nice quality and would you please recommend any green teabag you've tried. The taste must be good if brew properly.

I tried searching the forum and it didn't give much related information.

The teabag is mainly a gift and the receiver don't have any concept about brewing temperature/volume of water.

I am aware of teabag made of mecha or kuki but I am thinking otherwise.

However, the receiver is currently using green teabag from local store ( $5 / 100 teabags kind.. ) and he/she is happy about them without problem. Anyway, I would like to get him/her some nice green teabag which is easy brewing.

Thanks!

Apr 2nd, '14, 07:35

Re: Green Teabag

by Poseidon » Apr 2nd, '14, 07:35

I would check out adagioteas. They offer most of their teas in the 3-D bags which makes a big difference from the standard paper bags, IMO. Heres a link to their bagged teas:http://www.adagio.com/teabags/index.html

Apr 2nd, '14, 21:42

by gunbuster363 » Apr 2nd, '14, 21:42

Adiago and Den is in US and it is much convenient if the store is in Japan.

I live in Hong Kong and the shipping from US to HK is too expensive.

Apr 2nd, '14, 22:14

by CWarren » Apr 2nd, '14, 22:14

EDITED
Last edited by CWarren on Feb 27th, '16, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 3rd, '14, 00:21

by gunbuster363 » Apr 3rd, '14, 00:21

I like the O-Cha tea but in my experience every tea they sell got a horrible "fukushima" stamp on it... it maybe not good for a gift...

I don't think there is anything wrong with O-Cha tea and I enjoy O-Cha tea but it is just no good for gifting... also it is wrong to not tell the receiver that the tea passed through fukushima during transit.

No offense to O-Cha..

Apr 3rd, '14, 12:11

by JRS22 » Apr 3rd, '14, 12:11

gunbuster363 wrote:I like the O-Cha tea but in my experience every tea they sell got a horrible "fukushima" stamp on it... it maybe not good for a gift...

I don't think there is anything wrong with O-Cha tea and I enjoy O-Cha tea but it is just no good for gifting... also it is wrong to not tell the receiver that the tea passed through fukushima during transit.

No offense to O-Cha..
My last O-Cha order included a Tsuen tea bag sample and the bag is individually wrapped with no mention of Fukushima. The 100 gram bags don't mention it either. Are you referring to the shipping box? If it's a gift then it'll probably be gift wrapped.

Apr 7th, '14, 21:35

by gunbuster363 » Apr 7th, '14, 21:35

I bought from O-Cha several times. Every time I ordered sencha/gyokuro in 100g bag and at the back of the bag there were little word stating the origin. In the case of O-Cha, Fukushima was written there instead of Kagoshima.

Did anyone tried the Ippodo's teabag? Or should I pack my own teabag? I could weight the leaves and pack them in teabag. Hosen is so goooood..

Apr 17th, '14, 00:04
Vendor Member

by Kevangogh » Apr 17th, '14, 00:04

You got it wrong. The stamp is our company address, that's not the origin of the green tea - green tea is not even grown in Fukushima, we just ship it from here.

I could go into long explanation but think about it - I'm breathing the air here everyday, if it was dangerous do you think we would stay here? Do you think you have anything to worry about with a bag of green tea that was sealed in Southern Japan? Does the type of radiation that was emitted from the nuke plant a few years back pass through walls, boxes, storage bins, and sealed packages? The answers to all of those questions is "no."

We appreciate that you bought from us regardless of your fears, however, so thank you for that.

Apr 17th, '14, 03:31

by gunbuster363 » Apr 17th, '14, 03:31

Kevangogh wrote:You got it wrong. The stamp is our company address, that's not the origin of the green tea - green tea is not even grown in Fukushima, we just ship it from here.

I could go into long explanation but think about it - I'm breathing the air here everyday, if it was dangerous do you think we would stay here? Do you think you have anything to worry about with a bag of green tea that was sealed in Southern Japan? Does the type of radiation that was emitted from the nuke plant a few years back pass through walls, boxes, storage bins, and sealed packages? The answers to all of those questions is "no."

We appreciate that you bought from us regardless of your fears, however, so thank you for that.
You just got me wrong. I have no fear of radiation at all. ( I assumed any food from china is much dangerous than radiation from Japan food.. )

In my opinion, if it is not necessary to state your company address in the product, it would serve O-Cha better because most people have fear seeing the word "fukushima".

In my point of view, I cannot give the tea to other as a gift because they would see the word "fukushima" and shocked that I would send such 'gift'. No offense coz I still buy and drink the tea regularly without any fear.

+ Post Reply