Hello From Scotland - Recommendations For Green Tea?

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 6th, '14, 05:20

Hello From Scotland - Recommendations For Green Tea?

by aka_fallen121 » Apr 6th, '14, 05:20

Hello, my name is Jan and I live in Scotland.

I am a long time drinker of Earl Grey Tea, long before they began to report all the health benefits in the media. Now it is a very fashionable tea but I can remember not so long ago when it was very hard to buy. I began drinking it many years ago because it helped me to lose weight, I find the urge to snack is very much less.

Recently my husband and I have begun to drink green tea. We did this because of a long period of depression caused by troubles at my work and his attempts to find work which have not been successful. We found that the green tea lifted our mood and made us feeling hopeful again. We drink mainly clipper tea but wondered if other members have recommendations for green tea. It is so difficult to find a blend of young leaves (not so bitter) unless you have a local tea shop or supplier. I find that internet shops are not so good unless they carry a personal recommendation because of course you cannot sample the leaves as you can in a shop.

Hello again to all and thank you for reading!

Apr 6th, '14, 10:23
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello From Scotland - Recommendations For Green Tea?

by Chip » Apr 6th, '14, 10:23

aka_fallen121 wrote:Hello, my name is Jan and I live in Scotland.

We drink mainly clipper tea but wondered if other members have recommendations for green tea. It is so difficult to find a blend of young leaves (not so bitter) unless you have a local tea shop or supplier. I find that internet shops are not so good unless they carry a personal recommendation because of course you cannot sample the leaves as you can in a shop.
Welcome Jan from Scotland. Glad to have you here on TeaChat.

You came to the right place to learn more about TEA!!! We will all be glad to help you in your TeaJourney. What type of Green Tea?

Japanese Greens happen to be my favorite and we have very good vendor/members and vendor recommendations here on TC as well as a forum dedicated to Japanese greens and one for Chinese greens. Check it out and happy tea drinking.

Apr 6th, '14, 15:43

by Misou » Apr 6th, '14, 15:43

I just got a green tea sampler pack from Dens tea. Its super deal as the sampler is only 3 usd and you get a coupon for the same amount off your first order. I dont if Den ships to the UK though.

Its about 5 samples of different teas - 2 servings each.

Apr 16th, '14, 15:04

by Alex » Apr 16th, '14, 15:04

As your UK I can recommend postcardteas.com if you want some really fine teas or canton tea if you want some decent mid range.

http://www.cantonteaco.com/

http://www.postcardteas.com/site/produc ... reen-teas/

Apr 27th, '14, 14:20

by aka_fallen121 » Apr 27th, '14, 14:20

Thank you for your welcome and for all your recommendations. We currently have some blends on order from the suppliers you recommended and will let you know how we get on when they arrive - can't wait! :D

+ Post Reply