Liu Bao

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Apr 20th, '14, 22:41

Liu Bao

by AllanK » Apr 20th, '14, 22:41

Having tried a few Liu Baos I am interested in finding new sources online for Liu Bao tea. Does anyone have recommendations for Liu Bao they have purchased online? either with or without the bamboo basket?

There seems to be far less available online than Puerh.

Apr 21st, '14, 12:30

Re: Liu Bao

by puerhking » Apr 21st, '14, 12:30

I have little experience with it...however Chawang Shop carries a decent amount. Honza, who posts here, owns Chawang Shop and could give you more detailed info.

http://www.chawangshop.com/index.php/he ... o-cha.html

On another note....it would be nice to create a sampler of various liubao teas so one could get a better overview of the tea.

Apr 21st, '14, 18:18

by AllanK » Apr 21st, '14, 18:18

puerhking wrote:I have little experience with it...however Chawang Shop carries a decent amount. Honza, who posts here, owns Chawang Shop and could give you more detailed info.

http://www.chawangshop.com/index.php/he ... o-cha.html

On another note....it would be nice to create a sampler of various liubao teas so one could get a better overview of the tea.
He has quite a selection of Liu Bao there. I am considering an order.

Apr 21st, '14, 18:26

by shah82 » Apr 21st, '14, 18:26

I suspect that emailing Skip4tea might give you something. Apparently the best young liu bao known here was something a commenter from Malaysia found at a liu bao get-together. Some 2005 tea. Anyways, Malaysia is where they really like their liu bao and maybe you can still find something good there with a Malaysian outfit that might pass something through Skip4tea.

Apr 22nd, '14, 05:56

by Puerlife » Apr 22nd, '14, 05:56

There is also an open Facebook group called Buy Sell Trade Pu-erh Liu Bao Oolong Aged Tea. It has lots of Malaysian members. You can scroll through and see some very good photos.
Also, what Shah said. Before I went to KL one Malaysian advised me to go to Skip4tea's place but I didn't have time. His website is hopelessly out of date and he's hard to contact but they say if he's there he'll sit down and do a nice session with you. I hope I can do that next time.

+ Post Reply