Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?


Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby debunix » Apr 20th, '14, 20:04

Enjoying some straightforward SeaDyke TKY after a day of eating too many rich things....and as the leaves are almost done, I'll be moving on to puerh next, keeping it earthy and mellow after overindulging.

Image
User avatar
debunix
 
Posts: 4945
Joined: Jan 10th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby debunix » Apr 24th, '14, 23:54

A drought in oolong drinking?

Tonight, enjoying some of Norbu's 2012 Alishan 'Red' oolong: a sweet, fruity, highly oxidized oolong but with distinctly Taiwan-high-mountain-tea spiciness right there. Terrific stuff. Mmmm.
User avatar
debunix
 
Posts: 4945
Joined: Jan 10th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby Poseidon » Apr 25th, '14, 08:05

debunix wrote:A drought in oolong drinking?

Never! Im having some Oriental Beauty this morning. Its alright... its seems sort of "flat" tasting compared to some High Mountian Oolongs ive had lately.
User avatar
Poseidon
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Jul 19th, '
Location: Kentucky

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby wert » Apr 27th, '14, 00:59

After a week of almost no tea, some rou gui...
CAM02381 (640x480).jpg
CAM02381 (640x480).jpg (169.92 KiB) Viewed 242 times
wert
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Aug 26th, '

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby the_economist » Apr 27th, '14, 02:46

Nice pot, nice cup, nice tea :)
User avatar
the_economist
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sep 4th, '1

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby wert » Apr 27th, '14, 06:42

the_economist wrote:Nice pot, nice cup, nice tea :)

Thank you very much, they are not half as nice as your wares. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o :o
wert
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Aug 26th, '

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby kyarazen » Apr 27th, '14, 10:02

wert wrote:After a week of almost no tea, some rou gui...
CAM02381 (640x480).jpg


wild guess.. 80s 卫英 ba le? :P nice pot and cup :D
kyarazen
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sep 2nd, '1

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby wert » Apr 27th, '14, 10:11

kyarazen wrote:
wert wrote:After a week of almost no tea, some rou gui...
CAM02381 (640x480).jpg


wild guess.. 80s 卫英 ba le? :P nice pot and cup :D

I am so sorry to disappoint you, but you have totally overestimated me.
You got 80s right but it is not a factory 1 pot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks OK from this view but if you see the side profile and the handle....paper cannot wrap fire
wert
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Aug 26th, '

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby kyarazen » Apr 27th, '14, 10:22

wert wrote:I am so sorry to disappoint you, but you have totally overestimated me.
You got 80s right but it is not a factory 1 pot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks OK from this view but if you see the side profile and the handle....paper cannot wrap fire


haha. just a wild guess anyway :P they should have just replicated the factory 1 molds

saw some of your pots for swap. were they obtained from Mr K?
kyarazen
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sep 2nd, '1

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby wert » Apr 27th, '14, 10:34

kyarazen wrote:
wert wrote:I am so sorry to disappoint you, but you have totally overestimated me.
You got 80s right but it is not a factory 1 pot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks OK from this view but if you see the side profile and the handle....paper cannot wrap fire


haha. just a wild guess anyway :P they should have just replicated the factory 1 molds

saw some of your pots for swap. were they obtained from Mr K?

Not at all, you should know he wouldn't have such stuff. They are some of the random unused teapots lying around the house which strictly speaking "not mine".
wert
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Aug 26th, '

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby kyarazen » Apr 27th, '14, 10:37

wert wrote:Not at all, you should know he wouldn't have such stuff. They are some of the random unused teapots lying around the house which strictly speaking "not mine".


well he has a nice spectrum of pots i suppose, those lying on the table near the entrance versus those on the shelves, versus those in the boxes beneath the display shelves, versus those in the display cabinets.
kyarazen
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sep 2nd, '1

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby the_economist » Apr 27th, '14, 16:22

Wert's post inspired me to have some yancha :)

Decided to open some Zhuang Yuan Hong (Scholar's Red). New to this particular yancha varietal, really woody!

Image
User avatar
the_economist
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sep 4th, '1

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby jayinhk » Apr 27th, '14, 21:51

Drinking Ying Kee's Golden Crown TKY...on ICE. Habit I picked up in Vietnam.

http://www.yingkeetea.com/main/product_ ... =5&lang=en
User avatar
jayinhk
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Aug 28th, '

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby chrl42 » Apr 27th, '14, 22:21

the_economist wrote:Wert's post inspired me to have some yancha :)

Decided to open some Zhuang Yuan Hong (Scholar's Red). New to this particular yancha varietal, really woody!

Image

Wow, that's an adorable 60ml Liu-fang-jing.

The potter happends to be 周道生?
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1490
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby the_economist » Apr 27th, '14, 22:34

周志华. Could you name the clay for us?
User avatar
the_economist
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sep 4th, '1

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation