Apr 30th, '14, 05:13

Late Qing?

by chrl42 » Apr 30th, '14, 05:13

Moderator edit. A member suggested splitting this discussion off of an Oolong topic. And so it was ...

Chip

ordered a late-Qing pot from Malaysia, 80s TLH and a CR SP came along as a bundle....what a rich guy.

The tea is quit plain and more Puerh-like, with 30-years of stay.

Apr 30th, '14, 05:20

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by wert » Apr 30th, '14, 05:20

chrl42 wrote:ordered a late-Qing pot from Malaysia, 80s TLH and a CR SP came along as a bundle....what a rich guy.

Wow! Pictures please!

Apr 30th, '14, 07:19

late qing 3

by chrl42 » Apr 30th, '14, 07:19

wert wrote:
chrl42 wrote:ordered a late-Qing pot from Malaysia, 80s TLH and a CR SP came along as a bundle....what a rich guy.

Wow! Pictures please!
It's just an old commercial Zhuni (not Qianlong's or master's), size about 50ml. Pots like that, CZ neighbors only brew Yancha back then. The reason to have that was the clay. Typical late-Qing/ROC Zhuni, smooth like a silk. :) (bundle pot behind)
Attachments
003.jpg
003.jpg (14.77 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
002.jpg
002.jpg (10.7 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
001.jpg
001.jpg (12.92 KiB) Viewed 1323 times

Apr 30th, '14, 08:51

by MarshalN » Apr 30th, '14, 08:51

chrl42 wrote:
wert wrote:

Wow! Pictures please!
It's just an old commercial Zhuni (not Qianlong's or master's), size about 50ml. Pots like that, CZ neighbors only brew Yancha back then. The reason to have that was the clay. Typical late-Qing/ROC Zhuni, smooth like a silk. :) (bundle pot behind)
Um.... sorry, but this doesn't look anything like a late Qing zhuni, who sold you this? Can you return it?

Apr 30th, '14, 08:52

by sung8891 » Apr 30th, '14, 08:52

Tlh from the 70s. Would like to post a pix but dunno how.

Apr 30th, '14, 08:53

by wert » Apr 30th, '14, 08:53

chrl42 wrote:
wert wrote:

Wow! Pictures please!
Under the lid please.

Apr 30th, '14, 09:10

by chrl42 » Apr 30th, '14, 09:10

MarshalN wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
wert wrote:

Wow! Pictures please!
Um.... sorry, but this doesn't look anything like a late Qing zhuni, who sold you this? Can you return it?
Very famous collector who happens to moderate antique Yixing community, Marshal, I think you need to think before talking about what you know about. :wink:

Apr 30th, '14, 09:11

by chrl42 » Apr 30th, '14, 09:11

wert wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
wert wrote:

Wow! Pictures please!
Under the lid please.
水平

Apr 30th, '14, 09:13

by chrl42 » Apr 30th, '14, 09:13

MarshalN wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
wert wrote:

Wow! Pictures please!
Have you seen the seal before?

Apr 30th, '14, 11:37

by chrl42 » Apr 30th, '14, 11:37

wert wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
wert wrote:

Wow! Pictures please!
Under the lid please.
Camera isn't good at the moment, there are wood-fired bubbles evenly. however,

I just hope people here to be more convinced before talking about matters. Late-Qing Zhuni is not really difficult project...but if someone can give me other constructive explanation I'd be glad (other than they don't just 'look' like it or what not) :)
Attachments
523331_533065430043901_520582021_n.jpg
523331_533065430043901_520582021_n.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 1262 times

Apr 30th, '14, 12:07

late qing 2

by Tead Off » Apr 30th, '14, 12:07

chrl42 wrote:
MarshalN wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
wert wrote:

Wow! Pictures please!
It's difficult to see the skin of the pot and actual color in small photos so it's easy to make a judgement error. But the shui ping characters don't make it Qing period. You already know that.

Apr 30th, '14, 12:11

by chrl42 » Apr 30th, '14, 12:11

Tead Off wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
MarshalN wrote:
chrl42 wrote:
wert wrote:

Wow! Pictures please!
It's difficult to see the skin of the pot and actual color in small photos so it's easy to make a judgement error. But the shui ping characters don't make it Qing period. You already know that.
Tead Off, then what else can I provide?

Do you believe there's someone who can authenticate this thing here? I posted before (and I edited) that, someone else who have seen the seal or read, then I'd continue the discussion....do you think that pot was gotten from my some-father-in-law in Malaysia? I am getting tired....

Apr 30th, '14, 12:19

by Tead Off » Apr 30th, '14, 12:19

I am not questioning the authenticity, just trying to explain that it is difficult for people to judge through small photos because you feel that Marshaln is wrong about your pot. I think within your group, if it were not Qing, someone would have spoken up already.

Shuiping was stamped on many Qing style pots from later periods and so were Mengchen inscriptions on the bottom. We cannot judge the age of pots from these, but from the clay and the look.

Apr 30th, '14, 12:23

by chrl42 » Apr 30th, '14, 12:23

Tead Off wrote:I am not questioning the authenticity, just trying to explain that it is difficult for people to judge through small photos because you feel that Marshaln is wrong about your pot. I think within your group, if it were not Qing, someone would have spoken up already.

Shuiping was stamped on many Qing style pots from later periods and so were Mengchen inscriptions on the bottom. We cannot judge the age of pots from these, but from the clay and the look.
ok..I will have a better pic when I have a chance.

Whether you (or other) think it's genuine or not, it's all good. Everyone's up to their opinions. Just let you know...authenticate mid-Qing can be difficult, but late-Qing is not really a game...

Apr 30th, '14, 14:07

by MarshalN » Apr 30th, '14, 14:07

Tead Off wrote:I am not questioning the authenticity, just trying to explain that it is difficult for people to judge through small photos because you feel that Marshaln is wrong about your pot. I think within your group, if it were not Qing, someone would have spoken up already.

Tead Off, from my experience talking with hundreds of tea/teaware collector in Greater China, NOBODY would tell you that your pot is fake in your face in China or Taiwan. Nobody, until you try to sell it to them.

There's an unwritten rule that you don't tell someone they have a fake. You just don't. People get angry, as you're seeing right here.

So, take it or leave it, it's my opinion and I'm standing by it - I can go to Taiwan tomorrow and pick out 50 pots that look like the one pictured. This looks more like a Taiwanese remake from the 80s rather than an actual late Qing pot.

Yes, maybe if the higher resolution picture changes the way it looks dramatically, I'll reconsider. Judging from what it looks like right now, chances of it being genuine is pretty low.

+ Post Reply