May 4th, '14, 20:56

Tea for one sets/pots

by matthematical » May 4th, '14, 20:56

I'd like to find a tea for one unit similar to this

http://teahong.com/91061-tea-set-tea-fo ... obian.html

Where the lid doubles as a cup. The less pieces to clean at work the better! What are my options, since the ones on this site are sold out?

May 5th, '14, 10:39

Re: Tea for one sets/pots

by Poseidon » May 5th, '14, 10:39

I actually use one of these everyday for my brewing at my desk. They work well and are convenient. Check out ebay. I got mine on there for ~$20, just search "quick gong fu" or "travel Gong fu" and you should see some pop up.

May 5th, '14, 19:04

by matthematical » May 5th, '14, 19:04

May 5th, '14, 21:06

by Poseidon » May 5th, '14, 21:06

Nice! Enjoy!

May 6th, '14, 02:08

by Misou » May 6th, '14, 02:08

Posiden, I liked yours. so. much I ordered one too. But as I had no need for it I felt guilty and chose a cheapy, with free slow boat shipping, off Aliexpress. Supposedly it should be here fairly soon. Well see if I wasted my 12.95 or not! :D

May 6th, '14, 08:26

by Poseidon » May 6th, '14, 08:26

I enjoy mine quite a bit. Its basically a "lazy man's" gaiwan! :lol:

Misou: did you get a porcelain one? Ive seen "stone", "purple clay", and porcelain. Im wondering the quality of the other types.

May 6th, '14, 09:06

by thirst » May 6th, '14, 09:06

Does this kind of tea ware really require lower maintenance than a regular gaiwan and a cup? Because that’s one of the reasons I love gaiwans – no filters where leaf gets stuck, no hard-to-see or hard-to-clean parts. Easiest to clean tea ware IMO. And if you don’t drink straight from it, you don’t need the saucer.

May 6th, '14, 09:17

by Poseidon » May 6th, '14, 09:17

thirst wrote:Does this kind of tea ware really require lower maintenance than a regular gaiwan and a cup? Because that’s one of the reasons I love gaiwans – no filters where leaf gets stuck, no hard-to-see or hard-to-clean parts. Easiest to clean tea ware IMO. And if you don’t drink straight from it, you don’t need the saucer.
Mine hasnt gotten noticibly dirty and I havent cleaned it since the initial cleaning. I just wash the leaves out and let it air dry. The holes are small enough that leaves dont really get stuck at all.

May 6th, '14, 09:22

by thirst » May 6th, '14, 09:22

Different strokes for different folks :mrgreen:

Does anybody know if there’s an »official« name for this kind of tea ware?

May 6th, '14, 09:52

by Poseidon » May 6th, '14, 09:52

I havent seen a name for it other than "quick gong fu"... Its in between a houhin and a gaiwan so maybe a gaihin or houwan! :lol:

May 6th, '14, 20:26

by debunix » May 6th, '14, 20:26

I've had a very similar set that I got from Hankook teas. It was pretty celadon, and seemed very compact, sturdy, and handy, but over time I stopped using it because of 2 problems: the cup was smaller than the brewing vessel, and it was hard to stop pouring water at the right point to match bowl volume, so I'd end up with the tea oversteeping in a little water between infusions--sometimes nice, but sometimes problematic when it's not planned/deliberate. The other problem was that it had very little lip above/away from the hot infusing liquid, and even when I start my infusions of green teas at low temps, I work my way up to higher temps by the end, and I scorched my fingers too often to be comfortable. So it was retired from the collection.

May 6th, '14, 21:31

by Poseidon » May 6th, '14, 21:31

debunix wrote:I've had a very similar set that I got from Hankook teas. It was pretty celadon, and seemed very compact, sturdy, and handy, but over time I stopped using it because of 2 problems: the cup was smaller than the brewing vessel, and it was hard to stop pouring water at the right point to match bowl volume, so I'd end up with the tea oversteeping in a little water between infusions--sometimes nice, but sometimes problematic when it's not planned/deliberate. The other problem was that it had very little lip above/away from the hot infusing liquid, and even when I start my infusions of green teas at low temps, I work my way up to higher temps by the end, and I scorched my fingers too often to be comfortable. So it was retired from the collection.
I love the celadon one. I may pick one up! Thanks for the link.

I have noticed that the cup it a little smaller than the brewing vessel. I just steep with less water and it works out alright for me.

+ Post Reply