Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 3rd, '14, 09:36

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by bob » May 3rd, '14, 09:36

I'm currently drinking last year's Yutaka Midori sencha. Still very nice...
Tetsuaki Nakao cup with sencha.jpg
Tetsuaki Nakao cup with sencha.jpg (12.87 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
gunbuster363 wrote:What do you think of the fact that I don't like Sae Midori, eventhough a lot of reviews said it was wonderful? ( And Sae Midori is much expensive than Chiran )
When I compared them a few years ago, I also prefered Chiran sencha. I find it very good, my second favorite "daily sencha" after Yutaka Midori. But it's all related to what you like...

A question for all green tea lovers: I'm a little surprised there isn't any fresh Longjing available in any stores in Europe. Didn't they harvest it at the end of March? When can we expect to taste this year's tea?

May 4th, '14, 12:08

by debunix » May 4th, '14, 12:08

Inspired by a discussion in another topic, starting the tea day with a bit of Woojeon from Morning Crane tea, not a chinese green, but one that is more like chinese greens in brewing style than japanese senchas, and is hitting the spot well for a lazy start to Sunday.

May 5th, '14, 06:50
Vendor Member

by blairswhitaker » May 5th, '14, 06:50

Had my first taste of shincha for the season today. A nice asamushi from kanbayashi. It's good but not great. Really refreshing though, leaves an extremely cool feeling on the palate.

ImageImage

May 7th, '14, 20:33

by debunix » May 7th, '14, 20:33

Working on some An Ji Bai Cha from Wing Hop Fung, a 2013 version, but fortunately this lovely and forgiving tea isn't punishing me for slow drinking. I'm brewing it in a Petr Novak shiboridashi, and drinking from a drippy dreamy shyrabbit cup.

May 10th, '14, 11:48

by debunix » May 10th, '14, 11:48

Last of round 1 of the Woojeon from Morning Crane tea, a fine brewing in Petr's shino kyusu and enjoyed from my large drippy summer chawan

Pleasantly enough, even when it's too full of tea to lift high and gaze at the drips, they're so very tactile that just holding the bowl, they still add to the pleasure of drinking from it. Trying to pick a favorite cup or bowl now would be like picking a favorite child, as would picking a favorite kind of tea--just not happening--but this delicate but humble tea, and this stony but sparkling bowl are a combination that gives as much pleasure as any combination of tea and teaware can. Now I just need to configure some tea prep areas on my terraces and decks in my stairs of a yard to perfect the tea experience.

May 16th, '14, 13:39

by davidglass » May 16th, '14, 13:39

I am having trouble finding a good Sencha. My last package of Kagoshima Sencha Sae Midori wasn't as good as the one I had before it. Someone mentioned a less expensive Sencha (Chiran).
What is good RIGHT NOW?
Thanks to all of you tea lovers.

May 16th, '14, 13:41

by davidglass » May 16th, '14, 13:41

I am also looking for a good Gyokuro. O bought Hibiki-an Gyokuro Konacha, and I don't like it at all. I would love to find a good everyday Gyokuro.
Thanks again for your help.

May 16th, '14, 15:48

by Noonie » May 16th, '14, 15:48

davidglass wrote:I am having trouble finding a good Sencha. My last package of Kagoshima Sencha Sae Midori wasn't as good as the one I had before it. Someone mentioned a less expensive Sencha (Chiran).
What is good RIGHT NOW?
Thanks to all of you tea lovers.
My last few senchas have been from Maiko and I've liked all of them. One was the Sencha Kyo no Tsuyu (can't recall the other one). I have some sincha being shipped too.
davidglass wrote:I am also looking for a good Gyokuro. O bought Hibiki-an Gyokuro Konacha, and I don't like it at all. I would love to find a good everyday Gyokuro.
I bought a couple of the mid-priced ones from O-Cha. First experience with Gyokuro...very sweet, not subtle, but I liked it a lot. I think it was the one with 'Yame' in the title.

May 17th, '14, 00:51
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » May 17th, '14, 00:51

Drinking Thai Nguyen (Vietnam) green on ice today--with my morning coffee (also Vietnamese). I don't have much of the Vietnamese green left, although I have a lot of the lily scented, that I don't like as much, so I decided to try some organic Hui Ming green direct from Zhejiang through this dealer on Taobao:

http://meal.taobao.com/item.htm?_u=hk1t ... 0114087091

The seller suggested the 110 for 50g and 55 for 50g teas and said the lesser ones wouldn't be worth my while after shipping to Hong Kong (Around $6). I decided to take the seller's advice. Let's see how good their teas are!

May 17th, '14, 02:19

by chrl42 » May 17th, '14, 02:19

Drinking Huangshan Maofeng in BSLN Niugai Lianzi yixing at work.....

great as normal :)

May 17th, '14, 06:16
Vendor Member

by blairswhitaker » May 17th, '14, 06:16

Koyamaen's top grade of shincha. Perhaps someone can lend a hand with the kanji.

This is incredibly strong tea, both in flavor and caffeine. Their is something about uji cha that is hard to put my finger on. Part of it has to do that I normally order shincha from Kyushu and Shizuoka, while ordering most of my gyokuro and matcha from uji. But since I am here I haven't ordered any tea and have been drinking only local offerings. This is probably the 5 or 6th shincha I have tried this year.

Does anyone know if we have an official shincha 2014 thread? I couldn't find one.

May 17th, '14, 10:10
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » May 17th, '14, 10:10

blairswhitaker wrote:Does anyone know if we have an official shincha 2014 thread? I couldn't find one.
Maybe this one. http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ha#p260859

May 17th, '14, 12:30

by puerhking » May 17th, '14, 12:30

Drinking some 2014 karigane shincha from Maiko. Super grassy with some marine notes and umami. Giving a good mellow feeling.

May 17th, '14, 13:32

by Chip » May 17th, '14, 13:32

William wrote:
blairswhitaker wrote:Does anyone know if we have an official shincha 2014 thread? I couldn't find one.
Actually, I just created one, sorry for the delay ...

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19772

May 17th, '14, 14:06

by William » May 17th, '14, 14:06

Chip wrote:
William wrote:
Actually, I just created one, sorry for the delay ...

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19772
Great! Thanks Chip. :D

+ Post Reply