China Cha Dao?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

May 21st, '14, 11:26

China Cha Dao?

by Groucho » May 21st, '14, 11:26

Is there any love here for the oolongs from China Cha Dao? I find there prices to be great and the sample of Jin Xuan was the sweetest, longest lasting, oolong I've yet to try.

May 21st, '14, 12:05

Re: China Cha Dao?

by Poseidon » May 21st, '14, 12:05

I actually drink lots and lots of Jin Xuan! I use it as my all day tea that I cold infuse. What else is produced from the area?

May 21st, '14, 12:20

by Groucho » May 21st, '14, 12:20

China Cha Dao isn't an area but a distributor. They specialize in puerh but also sell a few other types. I've enjoyed a Dan Cong Phoenix Snowflake and jasmine pearls from them, too. I haven't loved all their samples but I've found a few to be exceptional and quite reasonably priced.

May 21st, '14, 12:26

by Poseidon » May 21st, '14, 12:26

Groucho wrote:China Cha Dao isn't an area but a distributor. They specialize in puerh but also sell a few other types. I've enjoyed a Dan Cong Phoenix Snowflake and jasmine pearls from them, too. I haven't loved all their samples but I've found a few to be exceptional and quite reasonably priced.
Ah, i see. I just checked out the site. Seems like some pretty fair prices if the tea is good quality. Free worldwide shipping is an attractive quality. I see some teaware that is catching my eye...

May 22nd, '14, 13:06

by MEversbergII » May 22nd, '14, 13:06

They certainly have some attractive teaware.

M.

May 27th, '14, 16:24

by jasonowalker » May 27th, '14, 16:24

Over the years, I have found China Cha Dao offers a good selection of wulongs at affordable prices. In some cases, he (Jerry) offers several grades of the same tea to choose from.

A few times I asked him about the background/origin of some of his teas, and he seemed less familiar with some of the more technical aspects of some teas. E.g. things like: Zheng yan vs ban yan, or particular cultivars used.

Still, China Cha Dao has been historically good at finding good tasting tea at good prices.

I collected the China Cha Dao reviews I've done over the years.

http://walkerteareview.com/tag/china-cha-dao/

+ Post Reply