Any Info on Da Bai Cha 大白茶?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 29th, '14, 10:28

Any Info on Da Bai Cha 大白茶?

by gongfutea » May 29th, '14, 10:28

Ok I need some help I just recived a tong of Gu Shu Da Bai Cha from A good friend in Yunnan . My Tea teacher told me it is one of his favorites and I enjoy it a lot but I still don't know much about the tea besides it's from Yi Wu . So if any one has had this tea before and could tell me anything about the history of this tea I would really appreciate it. Some questions I have our how old are the Gushu trees that produce this tea and where are they located in Yi Wu? any other info would be nice too thanks again.

May 29th, '14, 12:22

Re: Any Info on Da Bai Cha 大白茶?

by shah82 » May 29th, '14, 12:22

Dabaicha is usually made from tea grown in the Jinggu area. Most of it is made with a modern varietal grown in plantations, and the good stuff is made with Camellia taliensis buds from the Qing era groves.

May 29th, '14, 22:28

by AllanK » May 29th, '14, 22:28

gongfutea wrote:Ok I need some help I just recived a tong of Gu Shu Da Bai Cha from A good friend in Yunnan . My Tea teacher told me it is one of his favorites and I enjoy it a lot but I still don't know much about the tea besides it's from Yi Wu . So if any one has had this tea before and could tell me anything about the history of this tea I would really appreciate it. Some questions I have our how old are the Gushu trees that produce this tea and where are they located in Yi Wu? any other info would be nice too thanks again.
Is this a tea it is possible to buy online?

May 30th, '14, 00:19

by gongfutea » May 30th, '14, 00:19

Thanks for the reply . I also wanted to know if anyone has drank this tea or likes it so I can compare notes. one more question how old are the Dabaicha Gushu trees ? thanks again

May 30th, '14, 01:00

by shah82 » May 30th, '14, 01:00

about a hundred fifty to two hundred fifty years old. Much the same as Xigui gushu, probably younger.

Jun 1st, '14, 06:52
Vendor Member

by honza » Jun 1st, '14, 06:52

Many Jinggu teas was marked like YiWu ... can you post picture of the cake you have ? There is a lot of different teas call da bai cha in market, like yue guang bai, pure buds from Jinggu, etc.

+ Post Reply