Yixing Clay Containers

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 28th, '14, 21:09

Yixing Clay Containers

by AllanK » May 28th, '14, 21:09

I have been thinking about ordering a large Yixing clay container from Taobao Tube. The problem is, they don't guarantee the item will arrive intact. These containers are available cheap, less than $40, but shipping is expensive. Has anyone ordered one of these, or similar ones, and had it successfully shipped.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1626 ... .19.Gy7rMc

May 28th, '14, 23:16

Re: Yixing Clay Containers

by chrl42 » May 28th, '14, 23:16

I've never ordered such a huge one.

But I don't think they would fail in delivery,

however, there have been times the items been broken or cracked.

Chinese shipments they are really messy...a real mess.

May 28th, '14, 23:27

by AllanK » May 28th, '14, 23:27

chrl42 wrote:I've never ordered such a huge one.

When I said successfully shipped I meant intact. Yes they would deliver, but taobaotube.com would not guarantee a shipment being intact.

May 28th, '14, 23:59

by Tead Off » May 28th, '14, 23:59

AllanK wrote:

When I said successfully shipped I meant intact. Yes they would deliver, but taobaotube.com would not guarantee a shipment being intact.
I would hesitate to trust the post for anything of size. Unless things are professionally packed, which most of this stuff is not, you will risk damage.

May 29th, '14, 22:24

by AllanK » May 29th, '14, 22:24

Tead Off wrote:
AllanK wrote:

I would hesitate to trust the post for anything of size. Unless things are professionally packed, which most of this stuff is not, you will risk damage.
I wish Larry at Purepuer.com had another of the one I bought from him but he doesn't. That one came from California intact. But I could trust Larry to pack it professionally, which he did.

May 30th, '14, 05:13

by gongfutea » May 30th, '14, 05:13

You can contact the seller and ask if they will pack the container for international shipping . they usually reply right away. I have bought teapot stands on taobao and ask the sellers if they could pack them with extra packaging and I got my items with no problem and I have had other sellers just plain say no and they don't think the item will make it to my house and I live in China. lol

May 30th, '14, 07:50

by Poseidon » May 30th, '14, 07:50

gongfutea wrote:I have had other sellers just plain say no and they don't think the item will make it to my house and I live in China. lol
This is very funny to me. :lol:

May 30th, '14, 10:48

by AllanK » May 30th, '14, 10:48

gongfutea wrote:You can contact the seller and ask if they will pack the container for international shipping . they usually reply right away. I have bought teapot stands on taobao and ask the sellers if they could pack them with extra packaging and I got my items with no problem and I have had other sellers just plain say no and they don't think the item will make it to my house and I live in China. lol
Unfortunately I do not read or write Chinese so I can't contact most Taobao sellers directly.

May 30th, '14, 12:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » May 30th, '14, 12:09

A few years back, I ordered some clay containers from two TeaChat vendors/members who lived in China.

One managed to ship it so well packed that they made it safely (we're talking foam sheets and bubble wrap and sealed in two rigid plastic containers; it took a good 30 minutes to unpack). Another did not pack one container very well, and it shattered in transit. The shipping on both was quite expensive (and more than the containers themselves).

..... Good luck! :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply