Citron Green

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Aug 30th, '05, 09:03

by jzero » Aug 30th, '05, 09:03

Ric wrote:
jzero wrote:Even MORE disappointing, it doesn't taste like Citron either! :D
Now that's hard core Citron! But one draw back, there is not tea taste in that! :lol:
This is where ingenuity comes into play. We have already mastered turning water into tea. Vodka is the Polish word for water. Somehow, I think this is a recipe for disaster (and really gross "tea").
I used to drink Earl Grey (black) tea a lot, but I just have gotten tired of the taste on Earl Grey. (Or is it Earl Gray? I'm too lazy to look it up right now. :lol: )
Grey with an "e." I had to take a long hiatus from The Earl after also drinking it way too often. I have rekindled my love, thanks in large part to the Green Earls made by Adagio, Trader Joes and Wegmans/Chase Pitkin. I make sure to limit my Earl intake so I don't wear it out again.
They Call Me Jzero

Aug 30th, '05, 15:42

by teaspoon » Aug 30th, '05, 15:42

Mmm, I like the Citron Green, but I confess that the Spiced Green is more to my particular taste.

I never used to like Earl Grey, but since a.) I worked in a tea shop all summer and b.) my boyfriend LOVES Earl Grey, I've started to aqcuire a taste for it. Which Earl Grey I'm drinking makes a difference, too. Straight up Earl from most companies, including my shop, still makes me twitchy, but Adagio's Earl is the first I've been able to drink a cup of and actually enjoy it (though granted I added milk and sugar... cheating, I know...). Something a little different, I love Buckingham Palace Garden Party blend, which is Earl with jasmine. Yummy.

~teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Aug 30th, '05, 17:35

by jzero » Aug 30th, '05, 17:35

I actually greatly dislike Adagio's black Earl. I'm not sure why, but I can't drink it. And bought a big can of it :(
They Call Me Jzero

Aug 30th, '05, 18:25

by Ric » Aug 30th, '05, 18:25

jzero wrote:
Ric wrote:
jzero wrote:Even MORE disappointing, it doesn't taste like Citron either! :D
Now that's hard core Citron! But one draw back, there is not tea taste in that! :lol:
This is where ingenuity comes into play. We have already mastered turning water into tea. Vodka is the Polish word for water. Somehow, I think this is a recipe for disaster (and really gross "tea").
I used to drink Earl Grey (black) tea a lot, but I just have gotten tired of the taste on Earl Grey. (Or is it Earl Gray? I'm too lazy to look it up right now. :lol: )
Grey with an "e." I had to take a long hiatus from The Earl after also drinking it way too often. I have rekindled my love, thanks in large part to the Green Earls made by Adagio, Trader Joes and Wegmans/Chase Pitkin. I make sure to limit my Earl intake so I don't wear it out again.
Hummmm. Tea and Vodka :?: No thanks :!:

I might pick up the Earl Grey habit again one day, but not too soon. :wink:
In God's Grace,
Ric

Aug 30th, '05, 18:27

by Ric » Aug 30th, '05, 18:27

teaspoon wrote:...Palace Garden Party blend, which is Earl with jasmine. Yummy.

~teaspoon
Hummmm??? Earl with jasmine??? Sounds good!
In God's Grace,
Ric

Aug 30th, '05, 23:14

by PeteVu » Aug 30th, '05, 23:14

ive never found any tea that can stand up to the power of bergamot.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Sep 25th, '05, 23:31

by Ponderer » Sep 25th, '05, 23:31

I thought that Citron Green tea ok, but it seemed like I was drinking hot orange juice rather than green tea.

--The key to passing the English AP test is to not make up words, even if I did write an essay on a novel which I had not read.

Sep 26th, '05, 19:25

by PeteVu » Sep 26th, '05, 19:25

thats odd... the ap exam i took didnt have a book report.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Sep 26th, '05, 20:05

by Ponderer » Sep 26th, '05, 20:05

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know the at the current English AP exam has no “book reports.” However it does have three essays.

Sep 27th, '05, 01:23

by PeteVu » Sep 27th, '05, 01:23

Ponderer wrote: --The key to passing the English AP test is to not make up words, even if I did write an essay on a novel which I had not read.
Ponderer wrote: If you knew what you were talking about, you would know the at the current English AP exam has no “book reports.” However it does have three essays.
i did take the ap exam (among 4 others). i know what im talking about... your words are the cause of any confusion.

get over yourself. taking the ap exam is not an accomplishment. its mediocre for any college bound student to the point where its required.

Sep 27th, '05, 10:42

by jzero » Sep 27th, '05, 10:42

*throws penalty flag*
Pedantism on the offense. That penalty is declined.
Personal foul:
Intellectual Snobbery on the offense. 15 yard penalty, loss of down.

All joking aside...
Here is sample questions from the 2005 AP exam, which looks much the same as the one I took in 1997, in which you are given a subject and asked to analyze that subject using one of a list of texts, or by choosing a comparable work.

I'm not really sure why you chose to wax sanctimonious on an obviously humorous tagline to a post, but it really seems unnecessary.
They Call Me Jzero

Sep 27th, '05, 10:55

by chris » Sep 27th, '05, 10:55

Thanks for the post.

Good point indeed. Let's bring back the love, fellas.

Only one problem with your post, jzero: Do "They" really call you jzero, as your tagline leads everyone to believe? I'm not convinced.

Chris
Adagio "They Call Me Maestro" Maestro

Sep 27th, '05, 12:22

by jzero » Sep 27th, '05, 12:22

chris wrote: Only one problem with your post, jzero: Do "They" really call you jzero, as your tagline leads everyone to believe? I'm not convinced.
:oops: Caught! Actually...nobody calls me Jzero except for the 2 or 3 people who actually know that I use it as my online pseudonym. In truth, it's a line from a Cat Stevens song that' I've always loved :)
They Call Me Jzero

Sep 28th, '05, 21:26

by Ponderer » Sep 28th, '05, 21:26

Don’t worry guys, I took my 15 yard penalty. The coffee put me in an aggressive mood when I made that comment. I’ve got to tone it down and drink some more relaxing green tea. Also, taking the AP Exam is no accomplishment at all; it just means that someone (you or the school) paid money for it to be processed.

Oct 16th, '05, 20:18

by ribex » Oct 16th, '05, 20:18

I like this tea - maybe it's better for folks who have a sweet tooth or don't like the grassy taste of other greens.

+ Post Reply