storage in Sichuan China?


One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

storage in Sichuan China?

Postby gongfutea » Jun 4th, '14, 06:55

So I've been reading a lot about how and where are the best places to store pu-erh . So I want to know from some of you old-time pu erh drinkers,selers,collectors what do you think about Sichuan more specific Chengdu for aging tea? I live here and if they're any fellow tea drinkers in town i wouldlove to drink and talk about tea . Im just curious what people think about aging pureh in Chengdu.
User avatar
gongfutea
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: China

Re: storage in Sichuan China?

Postby gongfutea » Jun 5th, '14, 06:34

No one knows about Chengdu here? Come on teachat members I know some of you live in China. Why are we always talking about aging tea in Hongkong or Taiwan or america what abot other cities in Mainland China. So let me start off I age all of my pu erh in one of my extra rooms without any strong odors the way many teachat members call dry storage. The room is dark and closed most of the time beside when i go in to pick up a cake to try out or to put in a few new tongs. Also the humidity is always whatever the humidity is outside same with the temperature aka no ac in that room. My teacher told me to just store in a drak place without odors or big difference s in temperature and to just check the tea every few weeks to mske sure there's no mold . Any ways please give any tips or experience s.
User avatar
gongfutea
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: China

Re: storage in Sichuan China?

Postby Balthazar » Jun 5th, '14, 06:48

I think you would get more answers if you gave more specific details about your storage conditions. As in, what's the average temperature and humidity where you store your tea? I've never been to Chengdu, but according to Wikipedia it " has a monsoon-influenced humid subtropical climate (Köppen Cwa) and is largely mild and humid," so I guess it can't be terrible.
User avatar
Balthazar
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mar 10th, '
Location: Norway

Re: storage in Sichuan China?

Postby honza » Jun 5th, '14, 07:09

If you will keep the humidity and temperature and care about this well, for small quantity like one room in apartment, there is not big different of any place in the world (I mean use mashines for keep humidity and temperature all the time). Chengdu have cold winter so you must be very careful to check humidity and temperature, when the temperature go down in winter.
I had only a bit aged samples from Chongqing (some 2003) and they taste fine.
User avatar
honza
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Jan 24th, '
Location: Yunnan

Re: storage in Sichuan China?

Postby gongfutea » Jun 5th, '14, 09:27

Balthazar wrote:I think you would get more answers if you gave more specific details about your storage conditions. As in, what's the average temperature and humidity where you store your tea? I've never been to Chengdu, but according to Wikipedia it " has a monsoon-influenced humid subtropical climate (Köppen Cwa) and is largely mild and humid," so I guess it can't be terrible.

Well right now the temperature is between 28-32c but the humidity is between 68% to 89% changes everyday lol.

honza wrote:If you will keep the humidity and temperature and care about this well, for small quantity like one room in apartment, there is not big different of any place in the world (I mean use mashines for keep humidity and temperature all the time). Chengdu have cold winter so you must be very careful to check humidity and temperature, when the temperature go down in winter.
I had only a bit aged samples from Chongqing (some 2003) and they taste fine.

Thanks for the reply honza but I don't understand what you mean bymashines?
User avatar
gongfutea
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: China

Re: storage in Sichuan China?

Postby honza » Jun 5th, '14, 10:36

aorry i use wrong word. your room for storage tea need keep some humidity and temperature so need use humidifier, air conditioner and heating in winter etc.
User avatar
honza
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Jan 24th, '
Location: Yunnan

Re: storage in Sichuan China?

Postby Exempt » Jun 5th, '14, 18:12

gongfutea wrote:Well right now the temperature is between 28-32c but the humidity is between 68% to 89% changes everyday lol.

Those are great conditions for aging, but as some other posters have stated you must also make sure that temp and humidity doesn't drop too much in winter.
Exempt
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Dec 9th, '1
Location: Seattle

Re: storage in Sichuan China?

Postby gongfutea » Aug 5th, '14, 02:06

So I just moved into my new apartment have some of my tongs in yixing containers on the inclosed balconyon the tenth floor. It's really humid here but with a nice breeze up here. So what do you tjink of these conditions for soreing pure? Is it save do you think it will age well? Thanks for any info.
User avatar
gongfutea
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: China


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation