Mon 2/04/08 How much was your last round of TeaOrders?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How much was your last round of TeaOrders (leaf only, no teaware)?

<$10
No votes
$10.01-20
22%
$20.01-30
22%
$30.01-40
13%
$40.01-50
19%
$50.01-75
9%
$75.01-100
6%
$100.01-150
6%
$150.01-200
3%
>$200
No votes

Total votes: 32

Feb 4th, '08, 04:06
Scrolling: scrolling

Mon 2/04/08 How much was your last round of TeaOrders?

by Chip » Feb 4th, '08, 04:06

Another work week for most of us. Don't be blue, make some TEA and take a moment to share your cup with us. Stop by often and see what other TeaChatters are sipping...drinking...chugging in order to get through the day!!! And post as often as you want.

Today's Daily TeaPoll question was submitted by Ladytiger!!! Many thanx, Ladytiger. If you have a TeaPoll suggestion, please PM me.

This is a fun one, getting into our TeaBudgets and high TeaFinances. Be honest now, how much was your last round of TeaOrders for leaf only, not including any TeaWare, etc??? In your posts, feel free to share/confess to your fellow TeaChatters. To our international posters, feel free to disclose in your country's currency. Or use this handy Currency Converter.
Last edited by Chip on Aug 7th, '08, 19:04, edited 2 times in total.

Feb 4th, '08, 06:42

by Ladytiger » Feb 4th, '08, 06:42

My last order was from Adagio and was only $7.75 without shipping. :roll: My order from Upton before that was more in the healthly range, about $21. I would spend more, but I'm in search of a part time job.
I'll have to post what I'll drink later, I some how managed to sneek on before I need to go to school.

Feb 4th, '08, 07:04

by Selaphiel » Feb 4th, '08, 07:04

Ordered some Uji Gyokuro "Yume no Uki-hashi (110g) for 65$ + and some Uji Sencha Miyabi (110g) for 28$, so about 95$. Both orders from O-Cha.com. I can`t wait :D

Now to todays tea plan.

Gonna start with some indian black tea today, Darjeeling Singbulli first flush and then move on to some Ryokucha Midori a bit later.

Feb 4th, '08, 10:47

by cloudyday » Feb 4th, '08, 10:47

Ordered 4x 2oz Makaibari teas from Silver Tips (2nd Flush, ST Limited Edition, Green, Oolong) I love Makaibari teas - though dunno why the Silver Tips "Limited Edition" is almost half the price of the "regular" Silver Tips. lol. Obviously of a little lower quality, just seems weird to tack that on the title.

Anyways, this is indeed a blue monday, since I went to brew some of this Makaibari Oolong, and habitually I drink black tea first thing in the morning, but chose to drink the oolong instead, but went through the automatic process of brewing for black, and burnt my precious oolong and it tasted bitter...sigh. Oh well. At least I don't have to drive to the college for night class tonight due to Mardi Gras "holidays."
lol. It pays to live near New Orleans.

Feb 4th, '08, 11:03

by Wesli » Feb 4th, '08, 11:03

Ungtss 8)

Matcha in the moooooooorning

Feb 4th, '08, 11:12

by henley » Feb 4th, '08, 11:12

Last order was $50-$75 & right before Cmas which is why I'm trying to drink up what I have before I buy more. I've shared some samples of ones that weren't my favorites so I could focus on the ones I really liked & am waiting impatiently :roll: to buy more.

That being said, tea w/devotions this morning was vanilla mint & had vanilla rooibos w/breakfast. May have to do a tea party for lunch after I pick my daughter up from pre-school.

Feb 4th, '08, 11:22

by Warden Andy » Feb 4th, '08, 11:22

Wake up tea was a bamboo gourd of Rosamonte especial, as usual.

Now it's fall "Zhu Ye Qing" from YSLLC. It's not like the Zhu Ye Qing I'm familiar with, but it's still good. Very sweet, clean, and has a unique fruity flavor I've noticed in most Yunnan greens (I'm wondering why I always taste fruit in tea).
Super elite tea facist....

Feb 4th, '08, 12:22

by Victoria » Feb 4th, '08, 12:22

$46 for me from Teacuppa. Reorder of my Silver needle with rose buds, some Buddha Hand and Dong Ding Oolongs.

Don't mind Mondays since I'm off. So it's Blue Tuesdays for me. But I did wake up this morning sick, I felt it coming on yesterday. So drinking more green today than usual on the advice from a friend, hoping that will help.

Feb 4th, '08, 12:52

by Chip » Feb 4th, '08, 12:52

Get well soon, Victoria! That is very good advice you received, Victoria. We were discussing this issue on another forum recently, and although we were discussing the enjoyment of Japanese green tea, we all seemed to notice a major decrease in colds/sinus infections. And those who had colds, they were not severe and seemed to get over them very quickly. :D

For me right now, I am just now getting to my first tea, Japanese green, SURPRISE!!! Takumi sencha from Yame prefecture. This is grown like sencha in full sun, but the varieral used is Gokoh, the same varietal used for gykuro. Someone coined the phrase/nickname for this tea here, "Gokoh (gyokuro) grown in the Sun."

Feb 4th, '08, 14:23

by Wesli » Feb 4th, '08, 14:23

I just made myself a bowl of mellow monk top leaf tamaryokucha. It's bringing about a nice departure from my usual senchas. Top leaf is made from the younger leaves, so naturally it's flavor is more gentle. Although, 2 teaspoons in 180mL did give me a nice, strong bowl.

Feb 4th, '08, 14:36

by joelbct » Feb 4th, '08, 14:36

Interesting topic :)

My leaf (also, recently, powdered-leaf) orders are usu $40-80. Too much less than that, and I feel silly paying for shipping, or for a trip into the city. More than that, and I wind up with too much tea to drink :)

Feb 4th, '08, 16:08

by Ladytiger » Feb 4th, '08, 16:08

joelbct wrote:I wind up with too much tea to drink :)
There is no such thing as too much tea to drink!
Well, this morning I was running a little late and grabbed a mighty leaf tea bag of Organic Brekfast, which I ended up only drinking half before I had to go to school. I'm going to go make some sencha in a little bit, it's been a while since I've had it. :oops:

Feb 4th, '08, 16:18

by FoxMackenzie » Feb 4th, '08, 16:18

I snorked a cup of princess earl grey my co-worker from colorado kindly brought back with her from her latest foray home. Good stuff.

I need more tea when I get home :-p

-Fox

Feb 4th, '08, 17:14

by Chip » Feb 4th, '08, 17:14

Lots of great tea being shared here today. Thanx for sharing everyone!!!

It is a really blue monday here today, cold, damp, rainy, no sign of any sun. I am enjoying a really nice Long Jing session right now. This is a really nice example of the higher quality LJ's.

I am about to move on to my 3rd tea, another Japanese tea, maybe Guricha, the buzz word of TeaChat lately.

My last round of tea purchases...ok, I confess, I was the $150-200. I bought from several Japanese vendors and got a really amazing variety of what Japanese teas are all about. My "TeaFridge" is now really stocked. I drink around 300 grams of Japanese tea a month in addition to oolongs and Chinese greens.

I figure, I have just about enough sencha to last til ShinCha, "new tea" of the new harvest which will start in middish April for the earliest tea growing prefectures of Japan.

Feb 4th, '08, 17:20

by Victoria » Feb 4th, '08, 17:20

I knew an oolong girl like myself cannot stick to the prescribed greens all day, even if I am sick. Especially not with a tea order arriving. So I'm having H&S fancy or premium oolong. Nice oolong, but I'm not overly impressed.