New to Tea, and New to Adagio!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Feb 4th, '08, 18:59

New to Tea, and New to Adagio!

by Patrick A » Feb 4th, '08, 18:59

Hi -
I have only recently (2-weeks) taken up the pleasure of drinking tea. I have always been a coffee drinker. After reading the health-benefits of tea, I began a wonderful journey into learning all about Teas. I'm fascinated, and hooked. So I am looking forward to sharing with some new people here, learning more about teas, and hoping to get a few recommendations too. I am partial to White tea, but have been trying some very nice Oolong teas, and today I had my very first Rooibos, which I'm not sure whether I like yet. I look forward to chatting with many of you in the future.

Patrick

Feb 4th, '08, 21:15

by FoxMackenzie » Feb 4th, '08, 21:15

Hi Patrick!

Nice to see another Jerseyian on here...you know Adagio is based in the garden state too, yes? We get our orders super-quick. Definately rules.

Where in NJ are ya? I'm in Monmouth County, I work in Jamesburg.

-Fox

Feb 4th, '08, 23:03

by Ladytiger » Feb 4th, '08, 23:03

Welcome!

Being close to New Jersey to benifit from next day shipping is cool too. 8)

Feb 5th, '08, 00:15

Welcome, Patrick!

by TimeforTea » Feb 5th, '08, 00:15

Hi Patrick!

Welcome to tea chat! I'm a newbie from New Jersey, too! I also switched from coffee to tea for its health benefits. I have only tried green and white tea and have yet to try others. Anyways, welcome! Ask a lot of questions, these tea chatters really know their stuff!!! :)

Feb 5th, '08, 00:22

by Wesli » Feb 5th, '08, 00:22

G'day patty.

Feb 5th, '08, 01:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 5th, '08, 01:13

Hi Patrick...funny, I have been drinking tea seriously for 8 years, and I have not tried Rooibus yet, so you are ahead of me already.

Welcome to TeaChat, grab a cup of tea and see what everyone is drinking on TeaChats newest forum, TeaDay, located under Teas. While there, tell us what is in your cup and answer the Daily TeaPoll.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 5th, '08, 05:56

Thanks for the welcome Everyone

by Patrick A » Feb 5th, '08, 05:56

Hi guys,
Many thanks for the welcome. I would love to hear what all of you are drinking, what your experience has been so far with Adagio teas, in terms of quality and pricing, and also share with me if you have felt any better physically since drinking tea. I've noticed I do infact feel betterl, have more energy and a fuller sense of wellbeing overall since drinking tea. I drink alot of tea every day, from the time I get up until I go to bed ..... I drink it all day/night. How about you ?

- Patrick

Feb 5th, '08, 11:23

by Wesli » Feb 5th, '08, 11:23

I'm going to make some matcha this morning. I'm real big on Japanese greens. You can see what everyone here is drinking in the TeaDay forum. Adagio is great, they give us forums where we can discuss anything. The best part about adagio is their small samples they have of every tea. Their frequent cups points add up fairly quickly, too. I'm about to order a tin of some silver needle.
Before I started drinking tea I was about 50lbs overweight, smoking and drinking heavily. Tea came into my life during the same time that I changed many other things. I lost 50lbs, quit smoking (1 year 2 months now), gave up drinking and the associated partying. I can say I feel MUCH better.
I drink tea all day/night long too. Drinking tea at night is a gamble for me. Sometimes it will keep me up... but sometimes it won't do anything at all.

+ Post Reply