Dancong love

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

May 18th, '14, 00:33

Re: Dancong love

by Misou » May 18th, '14, 00:33

bonescwa wrote:
the_economist wrote:Other variables include the brewer, the drinker, and the weather. It's not necessarily the tea.
I brewed it both times, I drank it both times, and the weather was the same. Maybe it was the fact that Capricorn was in Jupiter and it's the year if the horse?
Nope! You have to pour the water with your tongue in the corner of your mouth. Doing so will cause a mild shift in the natral acidity of your exhalations that will mingle with key water molecules.

If your diet is insufficently acidic enough to cause the shift, saying bippity boppety boo, while tapping your nose three times usually does the trick.

May 18th, '14, 01:05

by debunix » May 18th, '14, 01:05

Neglecting my bippity-boppity-boos, and relying on my lovely treebark/ent pot to do the hard work, I'm enjoying some newly opened 2011 You Hua Xiang -- Pomelo Flower Fragrance Dan Cong from TeaHabitat, from a Bizen yunomi that adds a textural interest to the lovely mellow Dan Cong.

Jun 5th, '14, 06:12
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 5th, '14, 06:12

Yesterday it began. I didn't feel the leaves were so beautiful to look at; yet, I began. Why? A friend brought.... but I should not blame it on Jay.

It was fate. These things are not just the work of people.

The strong allure started after the pour. What was that scent? It is wonderful. It is familiar, but I can't find the word. Do I know the word?

I tasted. I did not satisfied, not w/ the first, nor the second, nor the third. I changed the environment for the dancong; perhaps we could go all the way. A new atmosphere twice: once hotter, once cooler. The time spent was always good but never completely satisfying. The best was never found.

I combined what remained from each incomplete experience into one .... "Hell of an allure ... good, interesting, but too much for me now, a challenge for a younger man perhaps," I say to myself as I drink from the cup of nine leftover infusions stacked together to make the tastiest, wisest cup.

Jun 7th, '14, 19:36
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 7th, '14, 19:36

ethan wrote:Yesterday it began. I didn't feel the leaves were so beautiful to look at; yet, I began. Why? A friend brought.... but I should not blame it on Jay.

It was fate. These things are not just the work of people.

The strong allure started after the pour. What was that scent? It is wonderful. It is familiar, but I can't find the word. Do I know the word?

I tasted. I did not satisfied, not w/ the first, nor the second, nor the third. I changed the environment for the dancong; perhaps we could go all the way. A new atmosphere twice: once hotter, once cooler. The time spent was always good but never completely satisfying. The best was never found.

I combined what remained from each incomplete experience into one .... "Hell of an allure ... good, interesting, but too much for me now, a challenge for a younger man perhaps," I say to myself as I drink from the cup of nine leftover infusions stacked together to make the tastiest, wisest cup.
Great post ethan! Yes, dancongs are tricky and take a while to dial in for sure, much like greens. Glad you had a chance to try something a little different!

Jun 19th, '14, 06:07

by Noonie » Jun 19th, '14, 06:07

I recently discovered this tea, I quite like it. I've heard a lot about it here over the last year or so. Decided to get some from a local vendor where I buy Wuyi. I'm not scientific with my preparation, though every session has been great. One day I'll try using more leaf and flash brews, but for now using a 100ml gaiwan I put enough leaves in to fill 1/4, I brew for 45s and add 10s each time.

+ Post Reply