Tues 2/05/08 How many teas do you have open?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How many teas do you have open (and active...not including those dregs that just won't go away)?

1-2
No votes
3-4
5%
5-7
18%
8-12
21%
13-20
26%
21-30
21%
31-50
8%
More than 50
3%

Total votes: 39

Feb 5th, '08, 03:50
Scrolling: scrolling

Tues 2/05/08 How many teas do you have open?

by Chip » Feb 5th, '08, 03:50

It is official, Tuesday is TeaDay all day here on TeaChat. So, come and celebrate and share many cups of tea with all your fellow TeaChatters. While you are here, tell us what you are drinking (or drank) throughout the day. Also, don't forget the Daily TeaPoll

Kudos to Henley for the Daily TeaPoll question today!!! Many thanx, Henley. Anyone have a Poll question(s), please PM me. Thanx. I could use a lot of suggestions here.

So, how many teas do you have open, how many would you prefer to have open, and why? This is a very good queston. Please answer the poll, but also feel free to comment along with sharing what is in your cup. This is good ummm, TeaChat!!!
Last edited by Chip on Aug 7th, '08, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 5th, '08, 09:12

by Victoria » Feb 5th, '08, 09:12

13-20 was my answer off the top of my head. I really don't want to count them, that figure is bad enough.

Still feeling sick but have to work at least part of the day - so I'm powering down as much green & white as I can take today. In my cup right now - white peony.

Have a nice day all!

Feb 5th, '08, 09:15

by cloudyday » Feb 5th, '08, 09:15

Hard for me to say, since I have my main assortment at home and a miniature assortment at work. I use Adagio's sample tins to hold my teas at my desk at work, along with a few bags of others teas. As for the number of specific teas I have open and active in combination with work, it's gotta be around the 13-20 range. Meh...I need a friend to help me whittle away some parts of my collection. lol.

Ah, yes...today I'm drinking another morning oolong. Trying to finish up my bag of Red Blossom's Silk Oolong. And I didn't burn my tea this time, so the day is starting fine :wink:

Feb 5th, '08, 09:22

by Victoria » Feb 5th, '08, 09:22

cloudyday wrote: Ah, yes...today I'm drinking another morning oolong. Trying to finish up my bag of Red Blossom's Silk Oolong. And I didn't burn my tea this time, so the day is starting fine :wink:
Well congrats on that! I say every day should start with oolong! I'm really missing it right now if you can't tell.

Feb 5th, '08, 09:37

by cloudyday » Feb 5th, '08, 09:37

Victoria's Own wrote:
cloudyday wrote: Ah, yes...today I'm drinking another morning oolong. Trying to finish up my bag of Red Blossom's Silk Oolong. And I didn't burn my tea this time, so the day is starting fine :wink:
Well congrats on that! I say every day should start with oolong! I'm really missing it right now if you can't tell.
Indeed. Starting off the day with a brighter tea like oolong rather than black can sometimes be refreshing. But sometimes I need the caffeine boost from black. Though I'm no caffeine lover, sometimes it's a necessity in the morning :lol:

Missing it? You've run out or have none at hand? Either way, a travesty!

Feb 5th, '08, 09:58

by The Write Tea » Feb 5th, '08, 09:58

Wow, with only 4 "active," I'm really under the average. I just feel too scattered if I have that many going at once. Plus, I worry (its what I do) that they will go stale till I get to them.

Currently working on finishing off some Pi Lo Chun. I managed to overbrew my first cup (nice start), but this second one is much better.

Feb 5th, '08, 10:31

by xine » Feb 5th, '08, 10:31

ooooh, I'm in the 21-30 range, I *think*. I'm in the process of 'cleaning house' regarding my teas, so I'm concentrating on one tin at a time.

Starting off Super Tuesday with a cup of Golden Monkey...looking forward to Valentine's and then some oolong fo' sho'.

Feb 5th, '08, 10:53

by LavenderPekoe » Feb 5th, '08, 10:53

I'm with Xine. I'm kinda in a house cleaning phase, but I like diversity, so I don't think I will ever get below a dozen active. I don't drink anything that is extremely perishable, though. I did have over 60 sample tins open at one time. I have gotten much better.

Anyway, so far today I have only had some Tevana peach Oolong. Not my favorite. I think I am discovering that wuyis aren't my favorite Oolongs.
Last edited by LavenderPekoe on Feb 5th, '08, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 5th, '08, 10:53

by daughteroftheKing » Feb 5th, '08, 10:53

Gosh, I have 25 different ones just here at the office (I've managed to fill half a vertical-file drawer, double layered :wink: ). With what's at home, that's easily a total of at least 40. Perhaps I'm a bit scattered? A tea sounds good and I just can't help buying it!!

After shoveling snow early this morning, I had to make a pot of Flintridge Chai. Now that I've been warmed and energized, I'm making Oolong #40.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Feb 5th, '08, 10:55

by The Write Tea » Feb 5th, '08, 10:55

The other advantage to only have 4 "actives" is that I don't have to "clean house" very often. Just to get rid of the dregs and dusts that are too small to brew.

I'm thinking about ordering some Golden Monkey, maybe as soon as tomorrow. Right now my third cup of Pi Lo Chun (second batch, first infusion) is very nice. Much better than that first, overcooked batch.

Feb 5th, '08, 11:48

by The Write Tea » Feb 5th, '08, 11:48

I do love variety, and since everyone seems to have lots of "actives," maybe I'll start ordering more before I finish the last order and start to build up my inventory. I probably have 20 containers at home, they are all just empty.

Feb 5th, '08, 12:02

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 5th, '08, 12:02

I voted 21 to 30 after opening up my tea drawer to see what was in there. I have a lot of ongoing sample tins that I am trying to finish up which increases the number of teas I have going considerably.

This morning's tea was a dragonwell. It made me decide that I definitely enjoy the Japanese greens better so I am switching back to sencha.

Feb 5th, '08, 12:04

by osadczuk » Feb 5th, '08, 12:04

I don't have that many teas, and haven't really branched out into greens/whites/etc. so I only have five active right now, and one of those is primarily for iced tea.

I'm enjoying a pot of golden monkey this morning.

R-

Feb 5th, '08, 12:13

by bearsbearsbears » Feb 5th, '08, 12:13

Drinking today: Menghai 2007 "Adorned in Red" Shu Pu.

Not as poetically refined as the name implies, but tasty :shock: .

Feb 5th, '08, 12:15

by FoxMackenzie » Feb 5th, '08, 12:15

I've been prying open my samples lately and microwaving half-cups of water in my ingenuitea, trying to sample different combos that would blend well together without committing to an entire cup.

I learned an important lesson last night - namely, that lime tea is an agressive loner, prone to displays of flavored violence when I attempt to introduce it to the more passive teas that flock in my cabinet. No more blends with lime. Blegh.

This morning I tried my first mightytea...the african nectar is compelling, but I'm not exactly sure I like it yet, if that makes sense?

-Fox
Try the romantic "1 heart" blend! Chocolate, strawberries and jasmine tea..mmmm.

<script></script>