Something New: Signature Blends

If we've got something important to say, you'll hear it here first.

Jan 29th, '08, 12:31
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jan 29th, '08, 12:31

Jumping in late here, but I love this concept! It's fun to create a custom blend and also fun to read about the other custom blends.

Although being primarily a oolong lover, I was disappointed to find that only the flavored oolongs were offered for blending. A cost factor I'm sure, but I'd be willing to pay more to access the costlier oolongs. That being said, I used the peach in my blend, as it is closest to the natural oolong flavor.

Something that took me by surprise was the email announcement of my tea blend to my contact list. I saw the form there to use that function, but I was very surprised to find that it was also automatically generated. I understand the marketing factor, and it wasn't that big of a deal, other than the surprise factor, but ... I am now hesitant to create any future blends and thus begin spamming my contact list. I would like to see a button to suppress announcements.

Hummm I wonder if my friends will try my custom blend?

Feb 5th, '08, 03:23
Adagio

by ilya » Feb 5th, '08, 03:23

We've had the signature blends up for about 10 days and I wanted to let everyone know about a few updates...

We have added the ability for people to see how their blends are doing in terms of sales (and thus frequent cup points earned). If you go to your customer profile page, you will see the quantity of FC points each tea has earned you. (so far the best selling blend 'Mexican Chocolate' has earned Margaret 310 frequent cup points.)

Additionally, we are now displaying the top 8 blends by sales volume on the blends index page. Hopefully it will help the cream rise to the top.

Also being considered is the option of highlighting the blends that people take time to create. The ones that include a custom graphic label, clever description and story attachments. We'd love to be able to truly build a nice community around this section and would have people be creative and really think of interesting blends. (please bear in mind that you can update all of your blends via your customer profile page)

Lastly, we have added a means to allow people with their own sites/blog to advertise all the blends they create. You can find the code on the 'help us grow page'.

Feb 5th, '08, 11:39

by osadczuk » Feb 5th, '08, 11:39

Again, thank you.

With the huge number of blends, would it be possible to impliment a search function (i.e. a sort that shows all of the blend that have Earl Grey in them?)

And I really would like to see the ones with TLC highlighted, I do adore the stories.

R-

Feb 5th, '08, 11:57

by Victoria » Feb 5th, '08, 11:57

osadczuk wrote:With the huge number of blends, would it be possible to impliment a search function (i.e. a sort that shows all of the blend that have Earl Grey in them?)
Yes that sounds like a great idea, after all certainly some of the blends people are thinking of, may already be created. Or they may like someone else's composition better.

Feb 5th, '08, 13:08

by forkyfork » Feb 5th, '08, 13:08

I like being able to see how many points I've earned.

Also, I have a suggestion. Since it looks like the top 8 teas are all black, maybe it might be worthwhile to see the top teas in other categories too (green, herbal, etc.)

Also, if I make a blend for a friend and then he buys it, does he get 10 cup points for buying it and do I get 10 points for making it?

Feb 5th, '08, 14:27
Adagio

by ilya » Feb 5th, '08, 14:27

Since people can combine any three teas and don't need to choose between categories, we really don't define them as being black or green or herbal.

As for the points question, if you make a blend and your friend purchases it, you will both earn 10 FC points.

Feb 5th, '08, 23:38

by bunnykitty » Feb 5th, '08, 23:38

Thanks so much for this fun new feature, Adagio! I've been having a ball with it all week! I'm so psyched that I made a few extra points to put toward my next order! I love that you changed it so you can see which teas are selling..it is pretty interesting. I almost fell over this weekend when I saw one of my blends was #8! Of course, it isn't there anymore, but that's ok. I had my moment of fame! Congrats to Margaret, who has *2* teas in the top 8! Girl, what are you going to order with your points?!

Feb 6th, '08, 01:05
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 6th, '08, 01:05

bunnykitty wrote:Thanks so much for this fun new feature, Adagio! I've been having a ball with it all week! I'm so psyched that I made a few extra points to put toward my next order! I love that you changed it so you can see which teas are selling..it is pretty interesting. I almost fell over this weekend when I saw one of my blends was #8! Of course, it isn't there anymore, but that's ok. I had my moment of fame! Congrats to Margaret, who has *2* teas in the top 8! Girl, what are you going to order with your points?!
Why, more tea, of course! :lol:

Seriously, I'm surprised by the popularity of two of my tea combinations, but I'm mighty proud of it. Been sipping on come of that Mexican Chocolate tea. I came up with that a while ago because I had the teas available here. So, I knew the blend would be tasty.

I think the blends feature is awesome. And now, I know just how popular. :D

Feb 7th, '08, 19:49

by Tsukiko » Feb 7th, '08, 19:49

Hi guys! I'm Heather and I'm new to TeaChat so I wanted to stop by and tell you all how excited I am about the new signature blends. ^_^ There are so many blends I can't wait to try.

Also: Congratulations to you, Margaret, on your best-selling blend! Once I get the mulah, I'm going to buy a tin.

Feb 7th, '08, 19:56

by Chip » Feb 7th, '08, 19:56

Tsikik0 wrote:Hi guys! I'm Heather and I'm new to TeaChat so I wanted to stop by and tell you all how excited I am about the new signature blends. ^_^ There are so many blends I can't wait to try.

Also: Congratulations to you, Margaret, on your best-selling blend! Once I get the mulah, I'm going to buy a tin.
Welcome to TeaChat Heather, nice avatar!!! The sig blends are truly innovative.

Since you are new here, check out the newest forum on TeaChat. It is called TeaDay and is located under the section, TEAS. There we share what's in our cups and have a daily poll, which we discuss over tea. It's a lot of fun for all. Hope you will join us!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 7th, '08, 20:00

by Tsukiko » Feb 7th, '08, 20:00

Thank you for the greeting, Chip! So nice to meet you.

I am looking forward to participating in the TeaCup board and the whole site in general. Not quite sure why I haven't signed up sooner. hehe
Heather J. Hasan
Editor - Chinese Culture @ BellaOnline

Feb 7th, '08, 23:08
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 7th, '08, 23:08

Tsikik0 wrote:Hi guys! I'm Heather and I'm new to TeaChat so I wanted to stop by and tell you all how excited I am about the new signature blends. ^_^ There are so many blends I can't wait to try.

Thanks! Yes, it is most yummy! Welcome aboard!
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

Feb 8th, '08, 13:53

by Jade Flower » Feb 8th, '08, 13:53

I think the idea of making personal blends is great but the list of blends definetely needs some organizing and structurizing as it grows larger.
For example, if I like green teas and can't stand black ones, it's almost impossible to go through all the list checking out each name so that the blend didn't contain what I don't like. It's very cumbersome.

Feb 8th, '08, 17:50
Adagio

by ilya » Feb 8th, '08, 17:50

We are constantly working on this new section and plan on implementing some form of search/filter on this page that will allow people to narrow the choices.

Additionally, we will need to begin auto-filtering the blends that are popular from the ones that have been created but never purchased.

-Ilya

Feb 8th, '08, 21:12

by Space Samurai » Feb 8th, '08, 21:12

Is there a way I could not be sent emails everyone time someone makes a new blend; that would be great.

+ Post Reply