Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jun 23rd, '14, 02:48

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jun 23rd, '14, 02:48

Home from a beautiful morning in the park settling in and practicing push hands with other neijia teachers and students, I sit to the tea room to pour a very delicate and balanced Taiwan gao shan wulong in a new Petr pot...really fragrant rounds of wulong tea.

Blessings!

Jun 23rd, '14, 06:55

by idler » Jun 23rd, '14, 06:55

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:Home from a beautiful morning in the park settling in and practicing push hands with other neijia teachers and students, I sit to the tea room to pour a very delicate and balanced Taiwan gao shan wulong in a new Petr pot...really fragrant rounds of wulong tea.

Blessings!
push hands is fun but I'm horrible at it haha

where do you buy Petr teaware? I can't find it in stock.

Jun 24th, '14, 12:19

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jun 24th, '14, 12:19

idler wrote:
茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:Home from a beautiful morning in the park settling in and practicing push hands with other neijia teachers and students, I sit to the tea room to pour a very delicate and balanced Taiwan gao shan wulong in a new Petr pot...really fragrant rounds of wulong tea.

Blessings!

Idler,

Yes, indeed push hands practice is fun; it's mutual, two-person, moving meditation. I learn so much about myself and others in two person practice. It's always rich!

Andrzej posted some pictures of the relatively recent show Petr, Mirka, and Andrzej had in Poland in Petr's thread here in TeaChat. I liked a pot I saw in the photos and sent Petr a message to see if it was still available. Luckily, it was and I purchased it through Petr directly. I purchased a second pot through Darjeeling.cz's last offering of Petr's pieces. Daniel has great taste and often selects some of Petr's nicest work. You pay more with Darjeeling.cz but I don't mind supporting both Petr and Daniel; they are both great people! :D As you may know, Petr is busy with many things and doesn't always have the time to post all of the available pieces. So if you are interested in something I recommend just shooting him a pm or email to inquire what he has on hand at the moment. Daniel has been putting a few pieces here and there up on Darjeeling.cz if you keep an eye out; however, they go quick.

Blessings!

Jun 24th, '14, 12:25

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jun 24th, '14, 12:25

This morning, in the pre-dawn dark, I woke to sit and read and study in the tea room. After a bit of Rumi, Gary Snyder, and Gary Soto I sat and poured some pleasant rounds of Dayuling in the second of two new Petr pieces. I celebrate the early morning's stillness, the way tea steams in the cool air coming through the cracked window, the dawn birds' mysterious calls, and the peace of those quiet hours.

Blessings!

Jun 24th, '14, 14:14

by debunix » Jun 24th, '14, 14:14

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:
idler wrote: where do you buy Petr teaware? I can't find it in stock.
Daniel has been putting a few pieces here and there up on Darjeeling.cz if you keep an eye out; however, they go quick.
There are some particularly lovely offerings on darjeeling.cz right now. The shop also has some lovely work by another TC TA, Andrezj Bero.

And to bring us back to topic, I am about to start a session with some Winter Lishan Cui Feng Dong Pian from Origin Tea, brewed up in one of Petr's black Magda glazed kyusus.

Jun 24th, '14, 22:26

by idler » Jun 24th, '14, 22:26

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:
idler wrote:

Blessings!

Idler,

Yes, indeed push hands practice is fun; it's mutual, two-person, moving meditation. I learn so much about myself and others in two person practice. It's always rich!

Andrzej posted some pictures of the relatively recent show Petr, Mirka, and Andrzej had in Poland in Petr's thread here in TeaChat. I liked a pot I saw in the photos and sent Petr a message to see if it was still available. Luckily, it was and I purchased it through Petr directly. I purchased a second pot through Darjeeling.cz's last offering of Petr's pieces. Daniel has great taste and often selects some of Petr's nicest work. You pay more with Darjeeling.cz but I don't mind supporting both Petr and Daniel; they are both great people! :D As you may know, Petr is busy with many things and doesn't always have the time to post all of the available pieces. So if you are interested in something I recommend just shooting him a pm or email to inquire what he has on hand at the moment. Daniel has been putting a few pieces here and there up on Darjeeling.cz if you keep an eye out; however, they go quick.

Blessings!
What are their emails? I've never really bought nice teaware, all I have is a cheap gaiwan from Jing Tea Shop and some 75 cent teacups from Chinatown, which I do kind of enjoy.

Today's oolong was Origin's 2014 light roast Lishan. It tasted a lot similar to a Longfengxia, close enough for me to contact Tony about it. I'm going to use less leaf next time, I used 6g of leaf and am going to decrease to 5. I also enjoyed the Alishan yesterday, moreso than the Lishan.

Jun 24th, '14, 23:33

by debunix » Jun 24th, '14, 23:33

idler wrote:What are their emails?
You can start with a Private Message through TeaChat, or check out Petr's website with contact info here. Etc.

Jun 25th, '14, 10:49
Scrolling: scrolling

by the_economist » Jun 25th, '14, 10:49

Origin's 2013 winter light roast Lishan. It seems like letting gaoshan rest for awhile does something (good) to the tea :)

Jun 25th, '14, 12:55

by idler » Jun 25th, '14, 12:55

debunix wrote:
idler wrote:What are their emails?
You can start with a Private Message through TeaChat, or check out Petr's website with contact info here. Etc.
I shot him an email, thanks!
the_economist wrote:Origin's 2013 winter light roast Lishan. It seems like letting gaoshan rest for awhile does something (good) to the tea :)
Sounds like I have to let that sit for a while :)

Origin Tea's late 90s HK High Fire Shui Xian

incredible! the aged taste, the roast, and the yancha taste work together perfectly... and less than $7 an ounce!

Jun 27th, '14, 01:29

by debunix » Jun 27th, '14, 01:29

A pleasant evening of Feng Huang Song Zhong from Norbu, a lovely oolong with floral and fragrant sweetness, which does not have the durability of Imen's from TeaHabitat, tapping out at a dozen instead of 20+ infusions, but those dozen are entirely pleasing. Enjoying from Petr's treebark pot and a Greenwood Studio cup.

Jun 28th, '14, 00:37

by debunix » Jun 28th, '14, 00:37

Another Friday night in the office, trying to finish paperwork accumulation of the week, and the lone bright spot is my Gui Fei oolong from Norbu--a deeply oxidized, deeply roasted Taiwainese tea. Mmmmm. Fruity, earthy, delicious, enjoyed from a Greenwood Studio snowflake glaze cup (but brewed in the Stanley thermos, the horror).

Jun 28th, '14, 02:16

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jun 28th, '14, 02:16

A pleasant evening of Feng Huang Song Zhong from Norbu, a lovely oolong with floral and fragrant sweetness,
I really enjoy that tea. It's such a great tea to share with friends whom are new to tea. They are always amazed at the rich, fruity, complexity of it.
Fruity, earthy, delicious, enjoyed from a Greenwood Studio snowflake glaze cup (but brewed in the Stanley thermos, the horror).
:lol:

Today...nice rounds of two different Taiwan green wulongs, simultaneously brewed in two different pots. The first I found in one of my small travel tins and have forgotten what tea it is but it presents itself like a very quality Long Feng Xia. The second is from a bag of "Taiwan Best Tea" that really is a "best" tea...so floral, complex and rich. My wife and I enjoy the teas together, sipping and comparing in the tea room before moving on to summer tasks around the house.

Blessings!

Jun 28th, '14, 20:21
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 28th, '14, 20:21

Drinking a high-fired Shui Xian that Jayinhk sent me so don't know the vendor. I like it. I had forgotten how strong charcoal flavor can be & how different charcoal firing is from roasting. Gives my head a bit of buzz w/ the first few sips.

Jun 28th, '14, 22:18
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 28th, '14, 22:18

ethan, that's some of my favorite 3 Stamp SX--electric roasted though, right here in HK. Definitely gives you quite the buzz and it's extremely tasty stuff. :)

Jun 29th, '14, 00:39

by Tead Off » Jun 29th, '14, 00:39

ethan wrote:Drinking a high-fired Shui Xian that Jayinhk sent me so don't know the vendor. I like it. I had forgotten how strong charcoal flavor can be & how different charcoal firing is from roasting. Gives my head a bit of buzz w/ the first few sips.
Charcoal firing is roasting. The difference is the material used for the fire. Electricity, gas, wood, charcoal, etc. Each material will affect the tea differently. Whether you can taste the difference or not will depend on how much effort you make to learn the differences. Usually charcoal is given priority.

+ Post Reply