Dragon Tea House

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 26th, '14, 23:22

Re: Dragon Tea House

by AllanK » Jun 26th, '14, 23:22

Dragon Tea House has made my list of sellers to avoid. Not only do they sell fake Dayis but they describe Raw tea as Ripe. I bought a 2013 Xiagaun Ceremony Flame Iron Puerh Tea Cake Ripe from them. I broke off a piece of tea, black colored tea without looking closely and brewed it in a Yixing Teapot. When I tasted it it was too light colored to be shu and clearly tasted of sheng flavor. The brewed leaves were also very green in color. It was Raw tea plain and simple.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371013390420?va ... 1439.l2649

Jun 27th, '14, 00:38

by AllanK » Jun 27th, '14, 00:38

AllanK wrote:Dragon Tea House has made my list of sellers to avoid. Not only do they sell fake Dayis but they describe Raw tea as Ripe. I bought a 2013 Xiagaun Ceremony Flame Iron Puerh Tea Cake Ripe from them. I broke off a piece of tea, black colored tea without looking closely and brewed it in a Yixing Teapot. When I tasted it it was too light colored to be shu and clearly tasted of sheng flavor. The brewed leaves were also very green in color. It was Raw tea plain and simple.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371013390420?va ... 1439.l2649
After an offer of $20 that I refused Dragon Tea House has offered me a full refund without returning the item and the readily admit it is raw tea. I am now waiting for the paypal refund to be processed. Note: They have now changed the listing to read Raw, it used to say ripe.

Jun 27th, '14, 01:27

by BW85 » Jun 27th, '14, 01:27

How could a raw tea that young be so dark in color? Perhaps it's a lightly fermented shou? These do exist, it allows them to to change more with age similar to a sheng but they still go through a light ripening process

Jun 27th, '14, 03:05

by Exempt » Jun 27th, '14, 03:05

I don't understand why they are responding to other people but not to any of my emails :shock:

Jun 27th, '14, 03:43

by Balthazar » Jun 27th, '14, 03:43

Exempt wrote:I don't understand why they are responding to other people but not to any of my emails :shock:
Are you using the form on their webpage, or sending emails to jacky@dragonteahouse.biz? If you haven't already, I suggest you try the latter.

Jun 27th, '14, 10:55

by AllanK » Jun 27th, '14, 10:55

BW85 wrote:How could a raw tea that young be so dark in color? Perhaps it's a lightly fermented shou? These do exist, it allows them to to change more with age similar to a sheng but they still go through a light ripening process
I think if it was a lightly fermented Shu tea they would not have refunded me my money so quickly but said it was a lightly fermented shu. The next time I brew some, I will photograph the leaves afterward and show you how green they were. Also, in my experience, lightly fermented shu tastes a little like shu and is a little darker in color as far as the brewed tea. This tea was all sheng in taste and the brewed tea was very, very light yellow. I rinsed it twice because what was going to be the first infusion had almost no color at all.

Jun 27th, '14, 11:36

by quikstep » Jun 27th, '14, 11:36

Someone is really sleeping on the job at DTH. I've just informed them of another wrongly classified tea (raw vs ripe).

Jun 27th, '14, 12:36

by AllanK » Jun 27th, '14, 12:36

quikstep wrote:Someone is really sleeping on the job at DTH. I've just informed them of another wrongly classified tea (raw vs ripe).
Just curious, which tea?

Jun 29th, '14, 23:56

by Exempt » Jun 29th, '14, 23:56

Balthazar wrote:
Exempt wrote:I don't understand why they are responding to other people but not to any of my emails :shock:
Are you using the form on their webpage, or sending emails to jacky@dragonteahouse.biz? If you haven't already, I suggest you try the latter.
Sent an email here as well. Still no response

Jul 1st, '14, 21:30

by Rdeitz » Jul 1st, '14, 21:30

Looks like they won't post negative reviews of their tea on their site. No surprise. I wrote a an unfavorable review of their 1999 7542 cake and it was never posted.

Jul 2nd, '14, 00:57

by Exempt » Jul 2nd, '14, 00:57

I finally got in contact with a DTH employee. They were very defensive and originally asked for pictures which I provided, then said for any credit I had to send the tea back even though they had already acknowledge that they knew their second batch of jin dayi was fake, and finally they said they could still only give me store credit but I wouldn't have to send the tea back :roll: Oh well, I'll use the credit on some cheap xiaguan and dayi daily drinker tuos and hope those aren't fake too :|

Jul 2nd, '14, 13:06
Vendor Member

by nada » Jul 2nd, '14, 13:06

Did you pay with paypal or credit card? I'd imagine if they've admitted that they knew it was fake that either your card company or paypal would be quick to reimburse you the money paid and any recovery of the original tea would fall to the vendor.

As a consumer - both paypal and the card companies are really on your side. As a vendor, your rights are a little less - in any dispute you almost always seem to lose!

Jul 2nd, '14, 13:17
Vendor Member

by honza » Jul 2nd, '14, 13:17

nada wrote:Did you pay with paypal or credit card? I'd imagine if they've admitted that they knew it was fake that either your card company or paypal would be quick to reimburse you the money paid and any recovery of the original tea would fall to the vendor.

As a consumer - both paypal and the card companies are really on your side. As a vendor, your rights are a little less - in any dispute you almost always seem to lose!
+1
Paypal is safe and there is 2 months limit after payment. Email with the seller by paypal messages there. This can help a lot.

Jul 2nd, '14, 20:29

by AllanK » Jul 2nd, '14, 20:29

honza wrote:
nada wrote:Did you pay with paypal or credit card? I'd imagine if they've admitted that they knew it was fake that either your card company or paypal would be quick to reimburse you the money paid and any recovery of the original tea would fall to the vendor.

+1
Paypal is safe and there is 2 months limit after payment. Email with the seller by paypal messages there. This can help a lot.
Paypal is great, but any claims must be made within 45 days to go through paypal unless you paid with Paypal by credit card where you have longer but then the decision is with your credit card company after 45 days. They have stated that they are considering increasing their 45 day limit.

Jul 13th, '14, 18:14

by AllanK » Jul 13th, '14, 18:14

It seems there are two separate Dragon Tea Houses, one that we are familiar with and a new Dragon Tea House on Amazon. The one on Amazon is not affiliated with the www.dragonteahouse.biz or their Ebay store. I noticed that they had different items in this Amazon store and put in a small order. I specifically emailed dragon tea house at their ebay store and they said they have no connection to the Dragon Tea House on Amazon. China must have weak trademark laws.

+ Post Reply