Taobao Agent??? Which one?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jun 29th, '14, 11:19

Taobao Agent??? Which one?

by VanFersen » Jun 29th, '14, 11:19

In the past a friend of mine was doing that part for me but sometimes I need to wait quite a while until it is possible to order from him because he needs to be back in China or his mother in law etc..very complicated. But like now I am not very into waiting that long so I found out that there is a chance to buy trough the help of agents but which ones? I was reading many blogs and other information sites about this topic but in the end some many opinions but not a clear statement in the end. I have quite a huge list now but don't now which one I should choose.

I want to order quite a big Tea package. The weight just of the teas and their package should be around 2-3kg in the end, I would choose EMS or DHL and of course Paypal. For me personal it is important that it is safety, fast and good packed and yes of course it would be nice if they don't charge you like hell ;)

Here is my list on top of that are these agents where I found out the most:
  • Bhiner.com
    Taobaoring
    Yoybuy
then those ones:
  • taobaospree
    smalltao
    taobaotrading
    taobaobuying
    alsotao
    budybuy
    engtaobao
    pruany
    mistertao
    taobaonow
    taobaotrends or this site (don't know where the difference is) tbtrends
    chinasourcingagent (LangDi)
    luxdistribution (based in UK)
So the list is huge but with whom did you guys and girls make the best and most secured experiences - best would be a long term one. Because what I heard / read quite often was that in so many cases the first time went very well in many cases but later it went down and down. So a long term experience would be interesting. :)

I hope you can help me out. Thanks for your time and effort.

Oct 20th, '14, 04:34

Re: Taobao Agent??? Which one?

by VanFersen » Oct 20th, '14, 04:34

Wow since June no answer ... :?:

Oct 20th, '14, 08:22

by steanze » Oct 20th, '14, 08:22

I tried taobaofocus but for smaller orders and it worked well. I haven't tried many others so I can't tell you how it compares to the ones you listed...

Oct 20th, '14, 12:18

by PurplePotato » Oct 20th, '14, 12:18

I have no experience myself, but in case you missed it, Hobbes has liked Taobaofocus: http://half-dipper.blogspot.com/2010/08 ... -yiwu.html

Oct 20th, '14, 17:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 20th, '14, 17:28

If you use the forum search, there are lots of topics and posts regarding taobao under specific tea types ...

Oct 31st, '14, 21:46

by toby » Oct 31st, '14, 21:46

2nd time using the same agent (d0t d0tbuy) to buy stuff from a taobao vendor with an actual store in yougguan, Guangdong.

My vendor send stuff overseas too but EMS only. 2 cakes was quoted for 300rmb
Agent only use EMS for tea too but close to half price. The shippment above cost 172rmb. I used the parcel forwarding option instead of"selfhelp purchase", which you need to give them every single link of item but $10rmb cheaper. I don't understand why it cost more but 10rmb is peanut so whatever.

It was hasslefree but there's one more "moving part" in the whole process. They would still open your parcel to have a look (make sure no drugs or other stuff.

Also, for the new order they forward , I estimated 4KG (357g x 6 + 125g x 5 + 250g + 100g + free sample + small boxes + big boxes).

But i got chargrd for 5KG, well another $56 rmb, not too bad.

And now, you can get alipay voucher in Australia Post. Around 1aud : 5.4rmb. Pretty good considering taobao charge 3% and your bank charge 3%

+ Post Reply