My Ceramic Tea Caddy

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 28th, '14, 11:08

Re: My Ceramic Tea Caddy

by Puerlife » Jun 28th, '14, 11:08

I am very happy to report that four weeks in my tea caddies has done wonders for the two teas. After some of the alarmist comments here and the lack of results after two weeks, I admit I was worried, but they've come out very well. The color is not the same on the Bingdao, the more expensive one, but I must confess that after trying the 2011 and 2013 in the store I bought the 2012 for some reason. But I got 13 infusions out of 6.5 grams yesterday. It makes a full-bodied broth, not bitter, with good minty tongue cooling and qi I could feel in my fingertips and that put a smile on my face.
This vendor couple has their own trees in Yunnan and supervise every step of the production process so obviously they know their tea. I'm glad I listened to them.

Jun 28th, '14, 18:42
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 28th, '14, 18:42

Puerlife, When you stick your fingers in hot tea, what your fingertips feel is burning, not qi. Seriously, glad the caddy is working for you.

Jun 28th, '14, 22:35

by Puerlife » Jun 28th, '14, 22:35

ethan wrote:Puerlife, When you stick your fingers in hot tea, what your fingertips feel is burning, not qi. Seriously, glad the caddy is working for you.
Dang, just when I was starting to like it! :oops:
:lol:

Jun 29th, '14, 10:40

by kyarazen » Jun 29th, '14, 10:40

Puerlife wrote:I am very happy to report that four weeks in my tea caddies has done wonders for the two teas. After some of the alarmist comments here and the lack of results after two weeks, I admit I was worried, but they've come out very well. The color is not the same on the Bingdao, the more expensive one, but I must confess that after trying the 2011 and 2013 in the store I bought the 2012 for some reason. But I got 13 infusions out of 6.5 grams yesterday. It makes a full-bodied broth, not bitter, with good minty tongue cooling and qi I could feel in my fingertips and that put a smile on my face.
This vendor couple has their own trees in Yunnan and supervise every step of the production process so obviously they know their tea. I'm glad I listened to them.
it is really excellent to have vendors that know their tea really well. and some of these that work the tea from plant to product know that their tea can only sell based on the taste of it, and they will also know how to store it.

Jun 29th, '14, 14:56

by bankung » Jun 29th, '14, 14:56

Are we speaking about Teadezhang shop here? If so, most of their puerh teas are good if not great!

Jun 29th, '14, 23:03

by Puerlife » Jun 29th, '14, 23:03

bankung wrote:Are we speaking about Teadezhang shop here? If so, most of their puerh teas are good if not great!
Yes, that's the one. And here's the link you gave me a while ago. Thanks again for that. It's wonderful to have an ethical, tea loving supplier in the same country: http://teadezhang.blogspot.com/
Next I'm going to try their 2013 Guafengzhai, Dingjiazhai and Xigui.

+ Post Reply