Toasted pu'erh

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Re: Toasted pu'erh

Postby jayinhk » Sep 6th, '13, 01:15

I think I'll buy a similarly-shaped pot and stick it in a water bath on the stove on low heat. :)
jayinhk

Postby AllanK » Jul 2nd, '14, 21:47

I am tempted to buy a stove and kettle like those mentioned in this thread. But my question is, do they really make better tea than the water from an electric kettle?

I also now notice that these stoves are charcoal. I do not know if they are truly fire safe for indoor use?
AllanK

Postby kyarazen » Jul 2nd, '14, 22:10

AllanK wrote:I am tempted to buy a stove and kettle like those mentioned in this thread. But my question is, do they really make better tea than the water from an electric kettle?

I also now notice that these stoves are charcoal. I do not know if they are truly fire safe for indoor use?

taste is different, so is the texture of the water

i've no experienced with using large amounts of charcoal indoors/enclosed environment, but it would be better for someone with the experience on this to advice you.

the purion is easily heated by a hot plate or a halogen based/infra red heater, with the latter being superior.
kyarazen

Postby AllanK » Jul 2nd, '14, 22:13

kyarazen wrote:
AllanK wrote:I am tempted to buy a stove and kettle like those mentioned in this thread. But my question is, do they really make better tea than the water from an electric kettle?

taste is different, so is the texture of the water

i've no experienced with using large amounts of charcoal indoors/enclosed environment, but it would be better for someone with the experience on this to advice you.

the purion is easily heated by a hot plate or a halogen based/infra red heater, with the latter being superior.

Where can you get one of these Purion kettles?
AllanK

Postby kyarazen » Jul 2nd, '14, 22:16

lin's ceramics in taiwan. there might be distributors or agents in the states, but also a possibility of purchasing it directly.

if you dont use large amounts of water or would like to go CZ gf style you can consider also getting the purion "kyusu" that is 330ml. that can be easily heated by butane burner/fondue burner that you can easily get from amazon. learnt that from teaism and its such an elegant solution

AllanK wrote:taste is different, so is the texture of the water

Where can you get one of these Purion kettles?[/quote]
kyarazen

Postby AllanK » Jul 5th, '14, 22:26

I emailed Lin's Ceramics. They still have not gotten back to me.
AllanK

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions