May 26th, '14, 14:33

Re: What one guilty pleasure you enjoy with tea?

by TimsMom » May 26th, '14, 14:33

I don't have sugar in my house, but I dip my demitasse spoon in the honey pot for my tea.

May 27th, '14, 15:28

by olateone » May 27th, '14, 15:28

Cuban cigars with large quantities of honey-sweetened traditional roast oolongs like Dong Dings.

May 28th, '14, 01:14

by Dracaenae » May 28th, '14, 01:14

Homemade shortbread made with real butter.

May 28th, '14, 19:33

by yalokinh » May 28th, '14, 19:33

Dracaenae wrote:Homemade shortbread made with real butter.
I say we all go to your place for tea and shortbread :lol:

Jul 11th, '14, 04:03

by Wout » Jul 11th, '14, 04:03

Somtimes i get a belgian choclate waffel with my black tea.I feel like the aftertaste of the black tea and the explosion of the choclate go quite well togeter.

Jul 11th, '14, 19:15

What one guilty pleasure you enjoy with tea?

by Pig Hog » Jul 11th, '14, 19:15

I guess it's not so much a guilty pleasure as it is a western alternative to the traditionally consumed Japanese sweet but currently I've been have a chunkily-cut slice of Cornish fudge (clotted cream - the best flavour) with my matcha.

Jul 22nd, '14, 23:23

by daidokorocha » Jul 22nd, '14, 23:23

I generally prefer loose-leaf over bagged, but I see bagged as a nice option sometimes as it brings its own flavor profile. I quite like bagged Assam and I enjoy it every so often and it makes decent iced tea as well. It is also good to have with a touch of milk a few times a year when I actually manage to have milk in my home (quite a rare occurrence). It is, to me, a very indulgent dessert. I also quite like the generic Jasmine and Oolong tea that many Chinese restaurants serve you in America. I don't much care for your generic bagged greens, though. They really leave no impression and I don't see them as a viable alternative or something I would really go reaching for. I've had a few decent whites, but they are much different compared to loose good quality whites, that is for sure. Finally, I enjoy a cup of Sleepytime from Celestial Seasonings now and again.

Also, sometimes I like to be quite "rustic" and boil my tea for a good amount of time. Big heaping tablespoons of houjicha boiled can be a treat. This is also the only time I'll make an exception to putting sugar in tea. To me, the thought almost seems barbaric, but it works quite well when preparing something like a Moroccan-style mint tea. Very delicious and no shame on my part!

Jul 30th, '14, 12:01

by Evan Draper » Jul 30th, '14, 12:01

I'd have to say rowdy conversation is a guilty pleasure of our tea gatherings. We've been drinking tea together for so long that it's easy to take the amazing tea for granted, and natter away into the night...on the other hand, the initial experience of each tea is so evanescent, it would be heartbreak to always think about them all passing away. I don't ever feel bad about the food tho.

Dec 18th, '14, 11:02

by JCFantasy23 » Dec 18th, '14, 11:02

Yeah chocolate and tea seem to go together. Lately for annoying algebra study I've been nibbling on dark chocolate while sipping some hot tea. Makes the process a lot less painful!

I also tend to add a little sugar to almost all teas, I think it enhances and brings out the flavor for me. First time sip of a new tea I'll try without, but then with sugar. It's kind of like salt bringing out the flavours of foods.

Dec 18th, '14, 20:52

by Lord Razz » Dec 18th, '14, 20:52

my guilty pleasure is that I drink green tea from tea bags at work. it's whats available and the least offensive since the only water I can get is 200 degrees. It's not good tea but it's palatable

+ Post Reply