Best Chinese Green Tea for Newbies on New Year

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 6th, '08, 14:07

Best Chinese Green Tea for Newbies on New Year

by forkyfork » Feb 6th, '08, 14:07

A bunch of people at work are getting together to celebrate chinese new year, and I'd like to brew and serve a chinese tea.

I don't necessarily want to get into the ceremonial aspects of it. I really just want to have some tea to serve.

What would you recommend as a good starter chinese tea? I'd prefer to stick with something simple, unless their is a reason to serve something flavored. Something that's easy to brew and isn't too out of the ordinary.

I was thinking of Chun Mee. But.. I don't really know much when it comes to serving people teas. I just know what I like.

Feb 6th, '08, 15:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 6th, '08, 15:01

The most popular tea on the planet last time I heard was Long Jing, aka Lung Ching or Dragon Well. It is the most popular tea in China. I can not think of a better or more appropriate choice.

For ease of brewing, a Chinese black would be another good choice.

Heck, anything Chinese.

The Chinese generally do not flavor their teas, so, keep it pure unless it is an authentic scented tea.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 6th, '08, 20:56

by augie » Feb 6th, '08, 20:56

Chip wrote:The most popular tea on the planet last time I heard was Long Jing, aka Lung Ching or Dragon Well. It is the most popular tea in China. I can not think of a better or more appropriate choice.
I would agree with dragonwell. . . that is what I give "Lipton Drinkers" in my family as gifts. I also got my kid's teacher hooked on adagio giving Dragon Well as a gift.

Feb 7th, '08, 01:37

by Wesli » Feb 7th, '08, 01:37

My vote is for Long Jing.

+ Post Reply