Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Aug 8th, '14, 11:52

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by Noonie » Aug 8th, '14, 11:52

The Sae Midori was more nuclear green :mrgreen: , and it was really, really good. I would say a step above last year's harvest.

Aug 8th, '14, 12:56
Vendor Member

by blairswhitaker » Aug 8th, '14, 12:56

debunix wrote:Today started with An Ji Bai Cha--an especially floral and wonderful version from Norbu. Mmmm. Especially nice from a Cory Lum bildoro cup...

Wow! That Cory Lum yunomi is a real stunner, I'm sure you posted pics of it elsewhere but I must have missed them, nice piece though.

Aug 8th, '14, 15:03
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Aug 8th, '14, 15:03

Sipping during the last few days, some Tsukigase Zairai Sencha .. absolutely delicious! Not so easy to brew as other teas, but I found the magic spot (at least, for me).

Regards.

Aug 8th, '14, 19:39

by debunix » Aug 8th, '14, 19:39

blairswhitaker wrote:
debunix wrote:
Wow! That Cory Lum yunomi is a real stunner, I'm sure you posted pics of it elsewhere
Naturally....
Last edited by debunix on Aug 10th, '14, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 8th, '14, 21:39
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 8th, '14, 21:39

Drinking good Wuzhi Shan (Hainan) green tea from this summer in Haikou, Hainan. Wuzhi Shan is only a few 100km south of here...kinda cool to be drinking local. :)

Aug 10th, '14, 14:50

by debunix » Aug 10th, '14, 14:50

Not so local here....instead, a very gyokuro start to the day--O-Cha Gyoku-Hou, sweet and vegetal and a little floral, a perfect session today from first infusion to last

and gyokuro always goes well with a little chocolate

(also, fixed link to more photos of the Cory Lum bildoro yunomi in the post above)

Aug 11th, '14, 02:26

by GeorgeGR » Aug 11th, '14, 02:26

Made some Shincha Gyokuro from Hibiki-an earlier today. I don't think that my parameters are correct. Is it normal for this type of Gyokuro to have a darker green color when brewed? My first infusion turns out a lighter green, but subsequent infusions are very dark. :cry:

Aug 11th, '14, 10:02

by bonescwa » Aug 11th, '14, 10:02

GeorgeGR wrote:Made some Shincha Gyokuro from Hibiki-an earlier today. I don't think that my parameters are correct. Is it normal for this type of Gyokuro to have a darker green color when brewed? My first infusion turns out a lighter green, but subsequent infusions are very dark. :cry:
That's how it's supposed to be

Aug 12th, '14, 13:01
Vendor Member

Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by blairswhitaker » Aug 12th, '14, 13:01

Had a nice session of miyako-no-mukashi for koicha, then followed it with miyako-no-shiro for usucha. Both teas by Horaido.

Good stuff, very tasty.

Miyako-no-mukashi may have edged it's way up to my favorite koicha in kyoto.

Aug 12th, '14, 20:57
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 12th, '14, 20:57

This stuff:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-SHI ... 44550.html

http://www.whatsonsanya.com/wine_msg.php?titleid=1268

http://en.visithainan.gov.cn/en/tz_intodetail-34.htm

Bought a box of vacuum-sealed 8g bags and put an entire 8g into a gaiwan. Very interesting and flavorful; I like it a lot.

I also tried some prepackaged Hangzhou green that was 1 RMB for 20g. WOW. Worse than I expected, and that's saying something. LOL

Aug 13th, '14, 00:37

by GeorgeGR » Aug 13th, '14, 00:37

bonescwa wrote:
GeorgeGR wrote:Made some Shincha Gyokuro from Hibiki-an earlier today. I don't think that my parameters are correct. Is it normal for this type of Gyokuro to have a darker green color when brewed? My first infusion turns out a lighter green, but subsequent infusions are very dark. :cry:
That's how it's supposed to be
Thanks for replying. I wasn't too sure what I could have been doing wrong.

----

On a side note, I made myself some Matcha Karigane Pinnacle from Hibiki-an a few hours ago. I was very pleased with the flavor.

Aug 14th, '14, 16:42

by daidokorocha » Aug 14th, '14, 16:42

I was in Toronto and stopped by a random Chinatown grocer and picked up this big box of Dragon Well tea, not really expecting much. I must say though that I cannot put it down! Even more delicious on repeat steeps and fun to play around with to get different character out of the leaves. Leaves me craving for more.

Another thing must be said: The kukicha from Adagio is quite the taste. A big bag will be on its way sometime in the near future after I finish this sample. I was lacking here, as I only picked up aracha when I was last in Japan and I still have roasted kukicha from a little ago. I am happy to add this in, as there is nothing like a plain cup of kuki.

Aug 26th, '14, 06:59

by Tuzik » Aug 26th, '14, 06:59

Having Myabi from O-cha :D

Aug 26th, '14, 11:59

by debunix » Aug 26th, '14, 11:59

Another lovely morning session with Gyoku-hou from O-Cha. The more I drink it, the more I like it. Mmmm. I think I am becoming a fan of gyokuro--although my flashing through the first infusions to avoid an uber-umami moment might not be the typical way to enjoy it--but the sweet and the floral and the chocolate notes are so lovely. And it goes so well with a bit of chocolate. A very pleasant start to the day.

Aug 26th, '14, 13:43

by daidokorocha » Aug 26th, '14, 13:43

I've never done it... but gyokuro and chocolate indeed sounds great. I do love any matcha flavored sweet after all, so it is in a similar realm. I actually have some gyokuro candy on my table currently and it is mighty delicious.

+ Post Reply