Thur 2/07/08 How many times do you start a tea each day?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How many times do you start a tea each day?

One
8%
Two
10%
Three
40%
Four
20%
Five
15%
Six
3%
My gosh, seven
3%
More than 7,
3%

Total votes: 40

Feb 7th, '08, 03:20
Scrolling: scrolling

Thur 2/07/08 How many times do you start a tea each day?

by Chip » Feb 7th, '08, 03:20

Year of the rat. I was born in the Year of the Pig. Curious what Chinese Zodiac you were born under, find out here. Chinese Zodiac You can also share what Chinese Zodiac you were born under.

So, now that it is officially Chinese New Year, let's seriously celebrate TeaDay with some serious TEA drinking!!! Will you be drinking Chinese tea today to celebrate? Regardless, remember to stop by here often and share a cup with us by telling us what you are drinking. Or of course, you can reflect back on the day and share that way as well. It is really fun and exciting to see what everyone is drinking. And it is fun to share as well.

Attention Newbies!!! If you are a new to tea or TeaChat, don't be shy, we were all newbies at one time!!!

Today's TeaPoll Question and TeaDay discussion topic...how much tea do you drink on average? But in addition, how many times to do you start a tea each day? Please feel free to share with everyone as you share what is in your cup!!!
Last edited by Chip on Aug 7th, '08, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 7th, '08, 06:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Feb 7th, '08, 06:13

Usually 4 for me. Sometimes 5 if I can squeeze in a pre-work brew. I like to switch around. Being a newbie I still haven't got the session thing worked out, still working on the right containers.

I was born in the year of the Horse and I'm starting my day with Imperial TQY - Happy New Year!

Feb 7th, '08, 06:55

by Ladytiger » Feb 7th, '08, 06:55

On average I start four to six teas a day. I too haven't really got the session thing down yet, I'm working on the right tempture at the moment.
My first tea today, Irish Breakfast, was steeped in my ingenuitea! I don't think I mentioned yesterday that when I showed my mother and my sister it, my mom tried to ppull it apart, thinking that the leafs went in the bottom. I really need to intro my grandfather and uncle to this since they need to let their tea free! If you look at my tea blog you'll see what I was using to steep with (it's with the post about Russian Caravan from Upton, i think).

Feb 7th, '08, 07:26

by Mary R » Feb 7th, '08, 07:26

Year of the Pig represent!!

Hrm...that was uncharacteristically energetic. Did someone put sugar in my tea?

I think I generally start somewhere between 4 and 6 fresh pots. They might not be different teas, though. Sometimes I want 10 different varieties, sometimes I want 1. I do not question the craving.

Feb 7th, '08, 08:31

by JT » Feb 7th, '08, 08:31

Mary R wrote: I think I generally start somewhere between 4 and 6 fresh pots. They might not be different teas, though. Sometimes I want 10 different varieties, sometimes I want 1. I do not question the craving.
Well said. I can relate to that.

Drinking my 5th cup of Fukamushi-Sencha Maki.

Year of the Dragon.

Feb 7th, '08, 08:41

by The Write Tea » Feb 7th, '08, 08:41

Roar! Year of the Dragon!

I'm fired up - I just got my latest order from Adagio. So many new teas to choose from and I didn't know where to start, but after reading ladytiger started her day with Irish Breakfast I think I'll go that route. Like Mary R said - don't question the craving. I'm going to have a great day going through all my new teas though!

Feb 7th, '08, 09:51

by Buzz Fledderjohn » Feb 7th, '08, 09:51

Monkey here.

Enjoying a cup of Mount Everest this morning which is a blend between an Indian Assam and a Chinese Yunnan.

Feb 7th, '08, 10:20

by Selaphiel » Feb 7th, '08, 10:20

Mary R wrote:Year of the Pig represent!!
Year of the Pig is the shit!

Today I`m gonna reap the rewards from my efforts, I traveled around in Oslo for 2 hours to find some quality Matcha, finally I found a good store and bought their last box :D

Feb 7th, '08, 10:30

by henley » Feb 7th, '08, 10:30

Year of the Dog was what I was blessed/cursed with. Did y'all (yes, I'm from the south) read some of the personality descriptions for each year?

Needed a little extra oomph this morning so started off the day w/2 cups of H&S Hot Cinnamon Spice. May have to make more...

Regarding the poll question, most days I'm lucky to make tea one time much less more than that. Then there's those few sad days where I haven't been able to enjoy my tea at all. *gasp* At least on those days, I can come here & vicariously have a cup of tea w/all of you. Have a great day!

Feb 7th, '08, 10:40

by Wesli » Feb 7th, '08, 10:40

Matcha morning.

Feb 7th, '08, 11:14

by LavenderPekoe » Feb 7th, '08, 11:14

Fukamushi Dynasty wrote:Image

Matcha morning.
Yay! Rabbit!

I have started the day with an unknown tight rolled Oolong I got from a trade a while back. I am on the second cup of it now.
Teas for trade:

Feb 7th, '08, 11:27

by cloudyday » Feb 7th, '08, 11:27

Ehhh, I dunno my average cups per day, it's often pretty random. I maybe start 2-3 teas with 2-4 infusions each, depending.

Today I start off with a Dan Cong Classic oolong. I had almost forgotten how unique this oolong is. Strange, but in a good kind of way.

Feb 7th, '08, 12:09

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 7th, '08, 12:09

I picked 5ish I think. At least that was the number from yesterday. Part of that was making a completely awful cup of the Genmaicha in the Den's sample that got thrown out. I am still in the sampling and experimenting with brewing phase so there is a reason. The other reason is that I tend to make a tea to enjoy in class, but when I get back a few hours later I either do not want the tea or the leaves smell funny or I screwed up the brewing so the leaves are dead. Also, my Rooibos method of a long steep in a 16oz mug results in one brewing per 1 teaspoon of leaves.

I am a tiger and I am enjoying the first steep of the Fuka-midori.

Feb 7th, '08, 12:12

by xine » Feb 7th, '08, 12:12

Year of the pig as well. I usually have about 2-3 teas a day, one pot of each-usually an oolong and black, and then sometimes i have a herbal before bed.

In honor of the holiday, it's only Chinese teas today- Yunnan and Long Ching. Having a Chinese New Year themed dinner on Saturday for my father's birthday, so I'm going to the Asian grocery to stock up on goodies. YUMMM.