Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Aug 21st, '14, 13:36

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by j.p.rich » Aug 21st, '14, 13:36

Taiwan Tea Crafts "baked" SLX. When I know I want an oolong but am undecided on which one, this is what I reach for. On the lighter end of the roasting spectrum for this genre.
Attachments
ZOE_0004a.jpg
ZOE_0004a.jpg (31.68 KiB) Viewed 1694 times

Aug 21st, '14, 13:40

by bonescwa » Aug 21st, '14, 13:40

Nice cha hai

Aug 21st, '14, 18:23
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 21st, '14, 18:23

Anxi Super Oolong from Fook Ming Tong. Nice sweetness with the sour and good aroma; fruity with medium oxidation. This is their entry level oolong. I forgot I had this stuff; it's been in a tin for a year, but is now better than I remember. Good stuff. I need to try some of their more expensive oolongs.

Aug 21st, '14, 21:38

by debunix » Aug 21st, '14, 21:38

Opened another pouch of the 2011 Taiwan Lao Cong Shan Cha deep roast oolong from Norbu. Earthy roasty-toasty and subtly sweet. Mmm. Going to cover these leaves overnight for more tomorrow.

Aug 21st, '14, 21:46

by Bef » Aug 21st, '14, 21:46

j.p.rich wrote:Taiwan Tea Crafts "baked" SLX. When I know I want an oolong but am undecided on which one, this is what I reach for. On the lighter end of the roasting spectrum for this genre.
What's that teapot on your picture? I like how it looks...

Aug 22nd, '14, 09:14

by j.p.rich » Aug 22nd, '14, 09:14

Bef wrote:
j.p.rich wrote:Taiwan Tea Crafts "baked" SLX. When I know I want an oolong but am undecided on which one, this is what I reach for. On the lighter end of the roasting spectrum for this genre.
What's that teapot on your picture? I like how it looks...
Bef, the pot is by the Taiwanese artist Wu Chen-Zhi. Actually all of the ceramics in the picture are by him except for the cup. I like the pot very much, it is a nice size and does well with higher-roasted and/or aged oolongs.

Naivetea carries the matching cups and they may also be able to obtain pots (though availability was very limited the last time I talked to Lawrence). Their Facebook page has some additional pictures.

Aug 23rd, '14, 14:14

by j.p.rich » Aug 23rd, '14, 14:14

Today is my first session with EoT's 2013 Half Handmade Shui Xian. A nice and approachable tea but I think I prefer their HHM Rou Gui and Zhu Lian.

Aug 23rd, '14, 14:39

by daidokorocha » Aug 23rd, '14, 14:39

Wen Shan pouchong... not totally happy with the results as I had eaten raw red onion just a short time ago. Kind of ruining the delicate flavors. Decided to begin grandpa brewing after 2nd infusion.

Aug 24th, '14, 14:10

by j.p.rich » Aug 24th, '14, 14:10

I seem to be on a Yancha kick this weekend, a sign of winter coming despite the heat and humidity outside?

Today is a bit of an indulgence with EoT's 2012 Lao Jun Mei. Back in March I thought the roast was still a bit too evident but today it seems good to go. Excellent flavor and viscosity in the mouth. :D

Aug 24th, '14, 21:29

by drinking_teas » Aug 24th, '14, 21:29

try Floating Leaves' Roasted Hehuanshan, it's great. I haven't tried the ShanLinXi, but I can safely say that Floating Leaves has much better tea than TTC and it's cheaper.

Aug 24th, '14, 21:37

by Bef » Aug 24th, '14, 21:37

drinking_teas wrote: I haven't tried the ShanLinXi, but I can safely say that Floating Leaves has much better tea than TTC and it's cheaper.
Just compared a few of the teas I usually order, and TTC looks much cheaper actually... Maybe it depends on which tea, though?

Aug 25th, '14, 11:59

by Tuzik » Aug 25th, '14, 11:59

Just had some Winter Ba Xian from jing
i dont get much flavor from it :/
and i'm not very experienced in oolongs
so should i let it age?

By the way
hello everyone :)
i've stalked on this forum for some time
but i did'n get around to join until now.

Aug 25th, '14, 13:12

by j.p.rich » Aug 25th, '14, 13:12

drinking_teas wrote:
try Floating Leaves' Roasted Hehuanshan, it's great. I haven't tried the ShanLinXi, but I can safely say that Floating Leaves has much better tea than TTC and it's cheaper.
Thanks for the tip. I have not tried that particular offering from Shiuwen but have tried various teas from both vendors. Each have their own respective strengths and I do not really agree with this generalization.

Aug 25th, '14, 18:34

by drinking_teas » Aug 25th, '14, 18:34

Tuzik wrote:Just had some Winter Ba Xian from jing
i dont get much flavor from it :/
and i'm not very experienced in oolongs
so should i let it age?

By the way
hello everyone :)
i've stalked on this forum for some time
but i did'n get around to join until now.
I didn't like this one either, I think it's just a generally bland tea.

Aug 25th, '14, 18:36

by drinking_teas » Aug 25th, '14, 18:36

j.p.rich wrote:
drinking_teas wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I have not tried that particular offering from Shiuwen but have tried various teas from both vendors. Each have their own respective strengths and I do not really agree with this generalization.
That's alright, just wanted to put my opinion out there. Maybe I should have made that last statement a bit more personal.

+ Post Reply