Flavoured black tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Jun 7th, '05, 16:05
Mod/Admin

Flavoured black tea

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:05

Hi tea lovers!
Just wondering if there are a lot of tea lovers out there have the same experience - I went to a couple of local tea shops and bought various kind of flavoured black teas, eg vanilla and caramel black tea, blood orange black tea etc. I tried them with all anticipation and only to find they taste marginally different to a standard mild black tea. What happened to the extra flavours? Am I asking too much to taste vanilla and caramel in a vanilla and caramel black tea?

Salina

Jun 7th, '05, 16:06
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:06

Salina,

The best of teas will begin to lose flavor when sitting on the shelf for too long. So your best bet is to purchase teas from a shop with high turnover. Another option may be to purchase tea online. Again, please look for popular destinations, to ensure that the teas you'll receive are fresh. For a list of the popular web shops, please visit http://www.alexa.com/browse/categories?catid=71287. Hope this helps.

Michael

Mod/Admin

Michael, thanks for your advice. My only reservation in buying tea online is I can't smell them...I suppose I am a sucker for the nice smelling teas. Someone said to me there are more and more people buying tea online...

What is the general feeling out there for buying tea online? Maybe someone would like to share their experience?

Salina

Mod/Admin

Hi Salina, I have tried the Adagio and The Republic of tea.(http://www.republicoftea.com/). I have been extremely pleased with both and the flavors are outstanding. I have had a few tins of Adagio for almost 2 years and they are still good... I'm going to have to break down and buy some more. I don't drink them often, usually just when I think I need a "hug".

Ginger

Jun 7th, '05, 16:07
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:07

Hi Ginger
It's good to hear good experience in buying tea online. I have finally ventured into buying tea online too! Waiting for the goodies to come from a local (Australian) tea website called "teas.com.au". Will report back here about my findings...

Salina

Mod/Admin

I think, that the best teas - it's china's teas. Do you like it? Please, I'm sorry - my english very bad :( :( :(

Itsgl

Mod/Admin

Hi Itsgl
Not sure if you are referring to tea from China in general. I was brought up drinking Chinese tea as part of my culture but I can't say there are a lot of Chinese teas that are flavoured. I know LyChee tea, which is my favourite flavoured chinese tea. I know there are a lot of herb/flower mixed with Chinese tea like jasmine flower with CHinese tea...

Salina

Jun 7th, '05, 16:08
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:08

Hello...I just read your question about flavored black teas. I've found one if you like coconut that tastes like they infused a coconut dream cake with the tea leaves instead of mere flavoring. If you like coconut, you will love this tea. Also looking for someone who's tried banana flavored tea. I'd be happy to give you the info on the coconut tea if you want it. I just had to write, because I know what you mean about flavored teas not tasting very good.

Cindy

Mod/Admin

Hello...I am looking for someone who has tried banana flavored black tea. Please write and let me know how you liked it. I found a rich coconut tea that I love, but want to try a different flavor that is as good. Thank you!

Cindy E.

Mod/Admin

Hi Cindy
I would like to know to get the info on the coconut tea...thanks
Recently I went to Taipei and notice fruit teas are very popular there. Generally they have lots of flowers and fruits mixed together. The smell is absolutely divine but somehow they seem too strong to be purely natural...I do wonder how many (herbal mixed) teas out there are truely pure without added flavours...

Salina

Mod/Admin

I bought tea form http//www.theTeaTree.com Their teas are flavor sealed. Smells real great!!!! You can keep it for an extra long time... Give a try.
They have lot of yummy flavors such as Caramel, Pineapple, Apple, Blackberry, Peach etc,,
Happy Tea shopping...

Mike J

Mod/Admin

ginger tea

I have just recently tried ginger tea from fresh roots and have found it to have a very over powering spicyness to it and I wish to be rid of this flavor hopefully into something a little more bearable.
If anyone has information that could help I would apreciate it.

I can be contacted at email address brownjose06@aol.com, thankyou.

andrew brown

Jun 7th, '05, 16:09
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:09

I have a ginger peach where the ginger isnt so over powering ina black tea also several berry types both herbal and black tea and rooibos flavored also. If want sample contact me. Hope i can help...thankyou glen

Glens Tea -N- Things

+ Post Reply