tgiFRIDAY, 2/08/08, Fave type of tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

TODAY, what is your favorite type of tea?

Black
27%
Oolong
17%
Green
44%
White
2%
Yellow
No votes
Pu-erh
10%
Yerbe Mate
No votes
Rooibus
No votes
Herbal
No votes

Total votes: 48

Feb 8th, '08, 01:56
Scrolling: scrolling

tgiFRIDAY, 2/08/08, Fave type of tea?

by Chip » Feb 8th, '08, 01:56

Can you believe it is Friday already? Since it is Friday, I have declared a (you guessed it) TeaDay for all TeaChatters. So, come one, come all, and share with everyone what is in your cup today!!!

Visit often, post throughout the day, and certainly sip without ceasing. We all want to know what is in your cup, and come on, be honest, you all want to tell everyone what is in your cup as well!!! If you cannot join in during the day, that is fine, reflect back and share that way. There are no rules.

Hey all you newbies out there, come on in and share with us. You are cordially invited to join in the fun!!!

Today's TeaPoll is taken from the pages of TeaChat with a minor twist. It is the age old question amoung TeaCircles. What is your favorite tea type, TODAY? This was a dead heat in the forum between the top 3, so I think a revote is in order anyway.

In our discussion, you can get down to the nitty gritty, something that is hard to do in a general poll. Within your favorite type of tea, WHAT IS YOUR ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TEA, AGAIN, TODAY!!! I know this is such a cruel interrogation, but nobody calls me Mr. Nice Guy. So, share what is your favorite tea right now and why???

Previous days are locked (you cannot post), but feel free to check out past polls and read the posts.
Last edited by Chip on Sep 12th, '08, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 8th, '08, 04:05

by olivierco » Feb 8th, '08, 04:05

I started the day with Yunnan golden tips. I plan to brew Shizuoka Sencha Hatsumi for my lunch break. For this evening probably Uji Gyokuro Kame-Giru-Shi, Jasmine pearls and Roiboos to end the day.

Feb 8th, '08, 04:37

by omegapd » Feb 8th, '08, 04:37

Haven't started my day yet with any tea. I work the midnight shift and usually brew up a couple of cups around 0600 EST when I take a break. I'm stuck with tea bags at work but have ordered some T-sacs so I can start bringing my favorites from home.

Today will be The English Tea Store's English Breakfast #1.

EW

Feb 8th, '08, 07:23

by FoxMackenzie » Feb 8th, '08, 07:23

I am a black tea gal. Oh, I've tried to stray, but these flings never seem to work out.

I tried some Jasmine Spring from Mighty Tea, and I wanted to like it, I really did, but my features are still smooshed into a wince of disgust. I am boggled that people pay large amounts of money for this stuff, even more when it's been sitting around for awhile (Pu is green, isn't it? Feel free to thwap me if I'm wrong), but then I never understood 100-year old scotch or wine, either.

I know, I know, blasphemy. I can't help it though. I really tried!

*goes back to whispering sweet nothings to a cup of irish breakfast*

-Fox
Try the romantic "1 heart" blend! Chocolate, strawberries and jasmine tea..mmmm.

<script></script>

Feb 8th, '08, 08:07

by caradrake » Feb 8th, '08, 08:07

Mmmmm. I am starting my day off with a very excellent cup of Adagio Jasmine #12. It's the last of it, but I placed an order last night and can't wait until Wednesday! I love, love, love this tea!

I'm thinking after I get home from work I'll try oolong #18. It's the only sample that I haven't yet sampled. ;)

Feb 8th, '08, 08:25

by Selaphiel » Feb 8th, '08, 08:25

My first cup of tea today was a bowl of matcha when I came home from the university. My second bowl of matcha ever, and I`m falling in love with it, it`s above all expectations.

My favorite tea type will have to be green. Any kind of green tea, love both Chinese and Japanese green teas.
A very close second is oolong, Gong Fu Cha prepared oolong to be exact.

I don`t have much experience with white tea yet. Only tasted Silver needle and Bai Mu Dan.

Feb 8th, '08, 08:47

by Tsukiko » Feb 8th, '08, 08:47

Pu-Erh for me! In order for the day to start, I must have my Pu-Erh or I don't function properly. :D

Sometimes I do like to switch things up. I'll have a cup of Black Pearl from Lipton (but I usually reserve that for tea with my mom) or a cup of herbal tea.
Heather J. Hasan
Editor - Chinese Culture @ BellaOnline

Feb 8th, '08, 08:52

by Tsukiko » Feb 8th, '08, 08:52

FoxMackenzie wrote:I am a black tea gal. Oh, I've tried to stray, but these flings never seem to work out.

I tried some Jasmine Spring from Mighty Tea, and I wanted to like it, I really did, but my features are still smooshed into a wince of disgust. I am boggled that people pay large amounts of money for this stuff, even more when it's been sitting around for awhile (Pu is green, isn't it? Feel free to thwap me if I'm wrong), but then I never understood 100-year old scotch or wine, either.

I know, I know, blasphemy. I can't help it though. I really tried!

*goes back to whispering sweet nothings to a cup of irish breakfast*

-Fox
No, I believe Pu-Erh is considered a "semi-fermented". It has characteristics of both black and green, depending on how long its allowed to ferment and what means are used for the fermentation.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art53823.asp - This is an article I wrote about Pu-Erh not long ago.

Feb 8th, '08, 09:52

by Katmandu » Feb 8th, '08, 09:52

Good morning fellow tea junkies!!
I voted for green because I just can't live without my Japanese greens during the day or even matcha now that I've tried it, thats always good for a quickie. Oh and I can't forget Long Jing -that is fabulous!!
But I gotta stand up for my blacks because there is nothing I love more to embibe on than my 2 cups of irish breakfast or assam harmony in the mornings!!
Sets me up for a beautiful day, usually then greens , greens and more greens with a few oolongs and whites here and there. I haven't had the opportunity to try pu erh tea yet- or maybe Im purposely avoiding it, I dont know. :wink: The look and smell of it just kinda turns my stomach at this point. But for now I'm very satisfied and will just keep rollin with the tea cravings... :D

Feb 8th, '08, 10:22

by joelbct » Feb 8th, '08, 10:22

Interesting, there was a time when it would have been black, without a second thought.

This past year or two, having been introduced to and cultivated a taste for good China Green, Sencha, and Matcha, however, I really have to say that if I had to choose, it would be Green.

Feb 8th, '08, 10:33

by CynTEAa » Feb 8th, '08, 10:33

TODAY my favorite is oolong, although I'm currently sipping a second steep of my daily dose of Yunnan Gold. Have been AWOL a few days from TeaChat catching up from a trade show, but you can bet my cup has been my usual - Yunnan Gold in the morning, followed by a lovely Wen Shan Baozhong in the afternoon. :)

Feb 8th, '08, 10:46

by Cinnamon Kitty » Feb 8th, '08, 10:46

I tend to dislike blacks due to how badly my father brewed them when I was growing up. They were over steeped and icky by the time we got around to drinking them. Occasionally I will try one again though and they are not too bad. I haven't tried whites, or good oolongs beyond what I get at the Chinese restaurant. I like Rooibos and Herbals, but Greens hold a special place in my teaworld.

Today is starting with a Citron Green, just to be different from a plain sencha like I usually have.

Feb 8th, '08, 10:51

by Victoria » Feb 8th, '08, 10:51

My favorite is oolong, that is pretty much a constant. And within my oolongs I'm really loving this Golden Buddha again today. So Golden Buddha all the way baby!

Feb 8th, '08, 11:07

by henley » Feb 8th, '08, 11:07

Drinking my usual black tea. After a trip to the ER w/my 5 yr old last night, had to have another cup of Hot Cinn Spice today.

Several months ago, I went to a tasting at a local tea room & it was all green teas. I know we all have our own personal tastes & opinions but the greens just didn't impress me. One in particular reminded me of shellfish. So I'll be sticking to black & oolong. Haven't tried white yet...kind of afraid it will be similar to green tea.

Feb 8th, '08, 11:41

by Tsukiko » Feb 8th, '08, 11:41

Henley, is your child ok? :o

BTW, white tea is a LOT subtler than green so don't worry :wink: