tgiFRIDAY, 2/08/08, Fave type of tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

TODAY, what is your favorite type of tea?

Black
27%
Oolong
17%
Green
44%
White
2%
Yellow
No votes
Pu-erh
10%
Yerbe Mate
No votes
Rooibus
No votes
Herbal
No votes

Total votes: 48

Feb 8th, '08, 12:04

by Buzz Fledderjohn » Feb 8th, '08, 12:04

This morning I've been hitting up the Single Estate Assam Khongea FTGFOP1

Feb 8th, '08, 12:21
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Feb 8th, '08, 12:21

It's snowy and cold -- a nice cup of valentine's tea today.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams.

Feb 8th, '08, 12:25

by Tsukiko » Feb 8th, '08, 12:25

skywarrior wrote:It's snowy and cold -- a nice cup of valentine's tea today.
I just finished a cuppa Valentine's! ^_^ Perfect for days like this.
Heather J. Hasan
Editor - Chinese Culture @ BellaOnline

Feb 8th, '08, 12:41
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 8th, '08, 12:41

A busy day so far, but started out with my Yame prefecture sencha. I am on my 4th steep. This sencha has such a deep flavor.

My fav type of tea is clearly green. I do dabble in oolong, touch upon blacks, and will try and enjoy almost any tea as long as it gets past my sniff test. Lapsang is not making it to my mouth any time soon.

My #1 fav tea is sencha, but I really like just about any Japanese green including matcha, gyokuro, and guricha. My fav sencha right now...let me think about that a little this afternoon.

SO, WHAT IS EVERYONE'S #1 FAV TEA...I MEAN YOUR FAVORITE ONE???
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 8th, '08, 12:47

by JT » Feb 8th, '08, 12:47

Started off today with some fukamushi supreme. Now I'm enjoying Sencha Den.
I have a hard time picking a favorite but since it's only for today I picked green. To narrow it down even more I'd say Guricha comes in at the top of my green pile. I'll probably brew some up next.
Last edited by JT on Feb 8th, '08, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 8th, '08, 12:48

by Buzz Fledderjohn » Feb 8th, '08, 12:48

JT wrote:Started off today with some fukamushi supreme. Now I'm enjoying Sencha Den.
How is the Sencha Den?

Feb 8th, '08, 12:48

by Tsukiko » Feb 8th, '08, 12:48

My number one number one, eh? Hmm....hard to say. But it would definitely be a Pu-Erh tea, but I also truly love the Acai Green Tea by Republic of Tea. Gah, don't make me choose! :P
Heather J. Hasan
Editor - Chinese Culture @ BellaOnline

Feb 8th, '08, 13:02

by JT » Feb 8th, '08, 13:02

Hey buzz, The sencha den is a lighter sencha. I can only get about 4 infusions out of it so far. I have a hard time describing the flavor of certain tea but I'd say it's more spicy or fruitier than the other den teas I've had. Not very astringent. Brews up a clear light green/yellow. Excellent aroma from it when you scoop the leaf into the warm pot.

Feb 8th, '08, 13:25

by Victoria » Feb 8th, '08, 13:25

My number one tea right now is TQY. I'm always on a quest to find the perfect oolong.

Feb 8th, '08, 13:45

by Mil » Feb 8th, '08, 13:45

Argh, what a cruel question! I like to mix it up-- it's a sad day when I only manage one type of tea. I had to vote for black, though, since my particular favorite is lapsang souchong. I've heard it described as an acquired taste, but for me it was love at first sip. Mmm. In fact, I think I'll have some right now. *scurries off to put the kettle on*

Feb 8th, '08, 14:03

by Victoria » Feb 8th, '08, 14:03

Mil wrote: I had to vote for black, though, since my particular favorite is lapsang souchong. I've heard it described as an acquired taste, but for me it was love at first sip.
Welcome Mil!! I agree lapsang souchong is an acquired taste! I received some for Christmas and while I do enjoy it, I have to try not to smell the aroma.

Feb 8th, '08, 14:12

by Mil » Feb 8th, '08, 14:12

Victoria's Own wrote: Welcome Mil!! I agree lapsang souchong is an acquired taste! I received some for Christmas and while I do enjoy it, I have to try not to smell the aroma.
Oh, but the aroma is the best part! It's not for everyone, naturally, which is why I try to only drink lapsang in the privacy of my own home. The smell seems to alarm people, for some reason. :)

Feb 8th, '08, 14:17

by cloudyday » Feb 8th, '08, 14:17

For today it's been oolong, and #1 all-time is oolong :wink: (which one I cannot say)
Well, I've only had Oriental Beauty today, several steepings, so that made it easy for the "today" part.
Victoria's Own wrote:My number one tea right now is TQY. I'm always on a quest to find the perfect oolong.
me too...i've really wanted to try an ali shan or some of the higher end oolongs, but i know if i get hooked to them that'll be hurting my wallet. lol.

Feb 8th, '08, 14:31

by bearsbearsbears » Feb 8th, '08, 14:31

More Menghai Factory "Adorned in Red" shu pu'er today.
I would have thought oolong would be 1st or 2nd most popular, but i guess i underestimated the black tea fans on this site.

Feb 8th, '08, 14:34

by Victoria » Feb 8th, '08, 14:34

Mil wrote: Oh, but the aroma is the best part! It's not for everyone, naturally, which is why I try to only drink lapsang in the privacy of my own home. The smell seems to alarm people, for some reason. :)
Ummm yeah but only because I am worried the beef jerkey factory is on fire and the workers are trapped inside!
---- Just kidding!
cloudyday wrote: me too...i've really wanted to try an ali shan or some of the higher end oolongs, but i know if i get hooked to them that'll be hurting my wallet. lol.
Ahhh but worth it, no?