German living in Taiwan

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Aug 6th, '14, 04:42

German living in Taiwan

by Bok » Aug 6th, '14, 04:42

Hello everyone,

I consider myself fortunate to live at the source of some of the most amazing teas available – in Taiwan.

I still remember the first time a taiwanese Friend brewed some tea for me – it was a revelation, ever since I have been ruined for teas from anywhere else :mrgreen: (I do occasionally try teas from other sources, but haven’t found something that I liked as much).

My favorite tees come from Lishan.

The great thing about Taiwan is that as soon as people find out that one (and foreigner on top) really likes tea they give you loads of tea. A nice way to try new things apart from one’s own trusted tea shops.

To earn a living here, I have a design studio with my wife.
I also took up pottery classes where I am studying hard to learn how to make my own teaware. The teacher is also quite knowledgeable with tea, so after each pottery class, the tea class starts :)

Hope to learn new things here as well!

Aug 10th, '14, 09:41

Re: German living in Taiwan

by daidokorocha » Aug 10th, '14, 09:41

Welcome to the forum! You're very fortunate to live in Taiwan, in my opinion. I mean that for more than just the tea. That is very neat that you're interested in making your own teaware. If you'd like, you can always share your progress with us here on the forum. I'd be quite interested in our development at least, if no one else. Welcome!

Aug 10th, '14, 21:32
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 10th, '14, 21:32

Wilkommen! I agree, TW is a great place to live for tea, great food and the most attractive Chinese women anywhere if you ask me. :D

Aug 11th, '14, 01:49

by Bok » Aug 11th, '14, 01:49

Dankeschön! Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, Taiwan has any advantages apart from tea!

@jayinhk, I will let my wife know, I am sure she will be pleased ;)

As for the teaware, I will definitely post some pictures – once I am satisfied with the progress. At the moment I finished the basic techniques and just started the teapot-specific parts, so exciting to get closer to the goal! Spout and lid, very tricky. The teacher also prepared me by letting me know that I would have to do at least a 100 teapots until one is going to be satisfactory… reminds me a lot of my martial arts training.

You also learn how to let go, when at the end of the lesson you throw away all the dozens of spouts you struggled to make for two hours, haha

Aug 15th, '14, 10:26

by Classica » Aug 15th, '14, 10:26

Wow, making pottery seems hard! It's great that you have such a thorough teacher, I suppose. Hopefully we will see some of your creations here on TeaChat as you improve! Welcome to the forums!

Aug 16th, '14, 17:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 16th, '14, 17:33

Belated welcome, Bok! Hope to see you around the forum. Enjoy your Taiwan tea journey.

Aug 21st, '14, 16:11

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Aug 21st, '14, 16:11

jayinhk wrote:Wilkommen! I agree, TW is a great place to live for tea, great food and the most attractive Chinese women anywhere if you ask me. :D
+1 :D 台灣”辣美“,台灣茶,台灣小吃,我都好喜歡!

Aug 21st, '14, 17:25
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 21st, '14, 17:25

我愛鐵雞蛋,牛肉幹! :D

I love Taiwanese iron eggs and beef jerky!

Nov 6th, '14, 03:29

by juliaTW » Nov 6th, '14, 03:29

Hi buddies
All of the good things about Taiwan....i will definitely agree with you !
bcz i am living this country too...:)
Ok..its 鐵蛋 牛肉乾! :wink:

+ Post Reply