tgiFRIDAY, 2/08/08, Fave type of tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

TODAY, what is your favorite type of tea?

Black
27%
Oolong
17%
Green
44%
White
2%
Yellow
No votes
Pu-erh
10%
Yerbe Mate
No votes
Rooibus
No votes
Herbal
No votes

Total votes: 48

Feb 8th, '08, 22:31

by daughteroftheKing » Feb 8th, '08, 22:31

Tried to start my day with a cup of Yunan Gold only to find there wasn't enough...well maybe if you use a pretty little teacup, but in the mornings I like a good 16 ounces. So I added TKY. Yum! Second and third steepings tonight have been delicious.
And with all these open teas (I counted 40+ in the survey the other day), how do I have no White Monkey, either??? But my favorite green is a Lu An Gia Pian from Enjoying Tea.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Feb 8th, '08, 22:48

by henley » Feb 8th, '08, 22:48

Tsukik0 wrote:Henley, is your child ok? :o
Thanx for asking. She had a playground accident & got stitches in her bottom lip. She's bruised & swollen but will be fine in a few days.

Finished the night w/a small pot of Vanilla Mint. Yeah! I actually got to have tea twice today!!!

Feb 8th, '08, 22:57

by Space Samurai » Feb 8th, '08, 22:57

henley wrote:She had a playground accident & got stitches in her bottom lip.
Yeah I had a lot of "playground accidents" too when I was a kid, but then one day someone came and took me away to live with my new mommy and daddy.

Feb 8th, '08, 23:24
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Feb 8th, '08, 23:24

tenuki wrote: Well, keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about, really.
Thanks for your bestest answer. You know more than I do and now I know almost as much as you. Let's hope someone comes along and straightens us both out.

Feb 8th, '08, 23:29

by Chip » Feb 8th, '08, 23:29

Lots of great tea flowing here!!!.

Tenuki, thanx for the info. Anything you say, I soak it up like a sponge. Real world Taiwan oolong info is hard to come by. I am glad you have brought it to the table!!!

Green teas have pulled away for good from the rest of the pack It is amazing how different these results are from the last poll on this subject.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 8th, '08, 23:33

by Salsero » Feb 8th, '08, 23:33

Chip, you must throw a heck of a good party. This TeaDay thing sure has brought a lot of our members out who usually can't think of anything to say. Turns out they have lots to say if you just ask a question.

Feb 8th, '08, 23:48

by Wesli » Feb 8th, '08, 23:48

Mmmmm... White tea.... super caffeinated!

Feb 8th, '08, 23:51

by scruffmcgruff » Feb 8th, '08, 23:51

Salsero wrote:OK, Tenuki, inquiring minds want to know: just what the deuce is "traditional style." Does it mean more oxidized, more roasted, less or either/both, or something else?
According to Stéphane of Tea Masters, "traditional style" means more oxidized and more roasted.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Feb 8th, '08, 23:54

by Victoria » Feb 8th, '08, 23:54

Chip wrote:Tenuki, thanx for the info. Anything you say, I soak it up like a sponge. Real world Taiwan oolong info is hard to come by. I am glad you have brought it to the table!!!
Me too Tenuki, it's over my head but I hang on your every word. Nice to have an oolong ally!

Nice party Chip!

Feb 9th, '08, 00:01

by tenuki » Feb 9th, '08, 00:01

Chip wrote:Tenuki, thanx for the info. Real world Taiwan oolong info is hard to come by.
Bah, anything I have to say is second hand, I probably got it from Rob Bageant, Shiuwen Tai (founders of Floating Leaves Tea) or the other real tea geeks there. I'm totally lucky to have been able to hang out there occasionally the last few years. If you tasted my last brew you wouldn't be so impressed. LOL.
Salsero wrote:Chip, you must throw a heck of a good party. This TeaDay thing sure has brought a lot of our members out who usually can't think of anything to say. Turns out they have lots to say if you just ask a question.
here here, job well done Chip!

Feb 9th, '08, 00:35

by Chip » Feb 9th, '08, 00:35

Shucks...it is all of you TeaGuys & Gals that make it a great party!!! Thanx for coming to the TeaParty.

I have been loving hearing from so many different members both new and old, loud and quiet. It has been great!!!

I was a little concerned that this would take away from the rest of TeaChat, but it appears to have the opposite effect. More peeps are on all of TeaChat more of the time. Posts are way up across the entire forum. Just in the rest of the forum, it is almost insane trying to check each and every post the last few days. I have not gotten to all of them yet.

Feb 9th, '08, 00:38

by Space Samurai » Feb 9th, '08, 00:38

Tea for today:

Matcha Chiyo Mukashi
Matcha Miyabi
Matcha Nakai's Organic
High Roasted TGY
Gyokuro Karigane

Feb 9th, '08, 02:35

by scruffmcgruff » Feb 9th, '08, 02:35

Oops, forgot to mention-- today I had a nice Ao Fu Hou Phoenix dan cong. It lasted forever, I think I got it through 8 infusions or so without any appreciable loss of flavor (and without me even needing to increase steeping time)! I don't think dan cong is my favorite of all time, but it's certainly working its way up in the rankings.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Feb 9th, '08, 02:41

by Chip » Feb 9th, '08, 02:41

Scruff McGruff wrote:Oops, forgot to mention-- today I had a nice Ao Fu Hou Phoenix dan cong. It lasted forever, I think I got it through 8 infusions or so without any appreciable loss of flavor (and without me even needing to increase steeping time)! I don't think dan cong is my favorite of all time, but it's certainly working its way up in the rankings.
I fear tasting these samples from Salsero will seriously cut into my Japanese tea consumption.

Feb 9th, '08, 02:45

by Chip » Feb 9th, '08, 02:45

Space Samurai wrote:Tea for today:

Matcha Chiyo Mukashi
Matcha Miyabi
Matcha Nakai's Organic
High Roasted TGY
Gyokuro Karigane
Space is back in the saddle again...that is quite a line up. I did have a matcha of a much lesser pedigre today, Space, it was one of Ipods lesser grades, still really good. I can truly see how you enjoy matcha so much. Too bad I like infused Japanese leaf just a tad more.