I am new to White Tea and have a few questions

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Feb 10th, '08, 09:51

I am new to White Tea and have a few questions

by Tracey1970 » Feb 10th, '08, 09:51

I just bought some white tea, I really like it.

Its by Dragonfly its a Organic white peony style white tea and its in bags, you just poor over water that has settled for one minute after being boiled, its nice.

I am wondering should I be using real tea leaves or do you think I am receiving health benefits from the bags.

I only drink tea in the day time whilst at work so the convenience of a bag is good for me....

Also what is the best white tea to buy online for the weekends whilst at home?

And finally how many cups a day should I be drinking?

Feb 10th, '08, 12:26

by Pentox » Feb 10th, '08, 12:26

As far as I know, you still get the same benefits from a teabag as you do to loose leaf. Depending on the style of teabag, the teabag might actually soak up some of the important stuff in the tea, but it won't take all of it.

If you enjoy the convenience of the teabag at work then you should stick to what you enjoy.

As far as a good place to get loose white tea, I hear that silver needle is supposed to be pretty good stuff. Adagio has some and they even have it in teabags if you like. Most online vendors have some form of silver needle, it's pretty commonplace.

Drink as many and as much as you like. Whatever makes you happy.

Feb 10th, '08, 12:49

by Wesli » Feb 10th, '08, 12:49

The main point of going from teabags to loose leaf is for a better flavor. You will be amazed at the difference. My suggestion is to start at Adagio with the loose leaf white.

Feb 10th, '08, 13:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 10th, '08, 13:17

I am not famliar with Dragonfly brand, but often times, teabags are made with byproduct tea dust. You would be surprised how much better looseleaf can be.

I would suggest at least trying looseleaf, it might change your life.

I would also take a look at the inside of one of your bags, if it resembles leaves, great. If it is dust like, move on.

By the way, Tracy, welcome to the forum, I hope you visit frequently.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 10th, '08, 16:52

by Space Samurai » Feb 10th, '08, 16:52

Chip...our store just got this brand in last week, actually. It looked like fairly poor stuff, something like 20 teababs in a box for $5. Think Stash.

Feb 15th, '08, 10:08

by Tracey1970 » Feb 15th, '08, 10:08

Hi thanks for all of the advice, I just ordered some tea from Adagio.. looking forward to the delivery.. I better buy myself a strainer for the leaves, any recommendations?

Thanks Tracey :)

Feb 15th, '08, 10:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Feb 15th, '08, 10:21

I love White Peony! I agree with those above, loose leaf really tastes better.

The IngenuiTEA is a another great option for work:

http://www.adagio.com/gifts/holiday_ing ... 2a6d5051dc

Ambrosia Tea has my favorite white peony and they sell the IngenuiTEA also:
http://www.ambrosiatea.com/loose_teas_wht.html

Welcome!
Victoria

Feb 15th, '08, 10:52

by Wesli » Feb 15th, '08, 10:52

White tea is very fluffy and volumous (not dense). Because of this, you have to use a lot of leaf for every cup. Because of this, teaballs, bags, tea-spoons, etc. are not good for brewing white tea. If you can't get a teapot or brewing device with a built in way to keep the leaf in, then pouring from the pot through mesh should work fine.

Mar 17th, '08, 13:21

WHITE TEA RECOMMENDATION

by Kat the Realtor » Mar 17th, '08, 13:21

Hello,

My name is Kat. I just wanted to let you know that there is a white tea by "STERLING TEAS" that you can order online and have it delivered to you called "TROPICAL WHITE". It is a blend of white tea leaves such as pineapple, apple, orange, etc. Fruits and it smells and tastes wonderful.

I live in Rockwall, TX so I can just scoot over to the local Sterling Tea house to pick some up, but order some online and give it a try.

The LEAVES as opposed to tea bags, just seem to put out a better flavor overall.

Have a great day!

Kat :lol:

+ Post Reply