New customers

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Sep 27th, '05, 00:13

New customers

by Suzanne » Sep 27th, '05, 00:13

List administrators:

Hearing your silence, I am posting in this section.

Obviously, the bottom line is where all the focus is. With increasing competition, Adagio may actually have to respect possible new customers.

Response not needed, as I already have it.

Suz

Sep 27th, '05, 01:19

by PeteVu » Sep 27th, '05, 01:19

your claim is completely false. Adagio goes through great lengths to get their name out there and expand their customer base. any company focused on profits would do the same.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Sep 27th, '05, 08:48

by teaspoon » Sep 27th, '05, 08:48

Just in case you're the type of person who, despite saying they don't want to keep talking about it, will continue to read the responses to their post just so they can see the effects...

Adagio doesn't disrespect possible new customers, in my experience. They just have little to no patience for people with inane/invalid complaints. If a person's been answered and they still continue to whine, I don't blame the admins for saying, in essence, "Look, we've answered you, either stop whining or just leave us alone entirely." Sure, the customer's always right. Except when they're wrong. And believe me, having worked in restaurants and in retail, I can tell you... the customer is frequently wrong.

~the irreverent teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Sep 27th, '05, 09:36

by klemptor » Sep 27th, '05, 09:36

Suzanne,

These are serious questions: what would make you happy? What's the purpose of flaming a company with which you have not done business? In the Oolong "Flavour Help" thread, you mention reviews you've read online. Would you care to cite your reference with a couple of links? I can't speak to your interpretation of any review(s) you've read unless I can see the source material myself.

It bears mention that the poor response you've received from the members of this board may have something to do with the way you came off in your original post:
Since my palate knows excellence, I don’t want to experiment with poor teas...Of course, de gustibus non est disputandum.
I'm sure you can see that this comes off as very superior and snobbish and is frankly very offputting. Also, if you've spent any time browsing Adagio's website, you'd notice that they offer sample tins of every tea they sell. I think neither your wallet nor your palate would be incredibly traumatized by trying a sample size.

So many of the members of TeaChat are friendly, witty, helpful individuals. I'm sorry that your initial post got so many of our hackles up - speaking for myself, I'd have had a much calmer initial reaction to your questions if they'd not been phrased in such an offputting manner.

In response to your questions regarding the quality of Adagio's greens and oolongs, I've never been disappointed. The teas they offer are always very fresh and, even if I'm not a fan of a certain type of tea, the quality of what they offer is clearly evident. (Case in point: I'm not the greatest fan of green teas but I've enjoyed every green tea of Adagio's that I've tried.)

My personal recommendations are:

OOLONG
Jasmine #12
Oolong #40
Wuyi Oolong

GREEN
Kukicha Baton

That doesn't mean the others are sub-par; it simply means that I can't recall offhand any other greens from Adagio that I've tried.

So take this for what it's worth. I'm not trying to get on your case; I'm merely trying to explain why some may be annoyed with you.

I will crosspost this as a reply to your post in the "Oolong" forum.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Sep 27th, '05, 12:38

by Marlene » Sep 27th, '05, 12:38

Oh come on woman! Grow up!
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Sep 29th, '05, 01:22

New customers

by Suzanne » Sep 29th, '05, 01:22

Reposting in correct section:
I'm sure you can see that this comes off as very superior and snobbish and is frankly very offputting.

It was not my intent to show superiority. Rather I meant to explain where I was at, in terms of tea tasting in order to save myself time. Price is not an object. Even the most expensive tea at several hundred dollars per pound comes to pennies at three/four+ infusions.

I am sorry, however, that my post was so misinterpreted. I tried to explain that I had had an unusual opportunity to taste rather extraordinary teas. Because of that opportunity, I think that I know something, at lease for my own taste. I was asking for information.

So many of the members of TeaChat are friendly, witty, helpful individuals. I'm sorry that your initial post got so many of our hackles up - speaking for myself, I'd have had a much calmer initial reaction to your questions if they'd not been phrased in such an offputting manner.

Klemptor, thank you for your response. Someone’s recommendation was what I wanted. It was so simple. My initial post was not an attack such as I received in reply. Some of the members were not friendly or helpful. The list administrators speak for the company. In posts to other people they indicate the company’s policy of immediately discarding anyone who they think will not fit into their idea of a future profitable customer.

Bambooforest: I never got to the point of sampling their teas. Time = money and they will not waste it. They knew that they did not have the teas I wanted so they were not going to spend any time on me.

Other tea companies are not like this. I have received very favorable responses from two other tea companies and have actually had one tea identified. They were helpful even though they knew I had a supply of tea on hand and would not be getting any immediate orders. They will get my future business.

You all keep on buying. Don’t cause Adagio any extra time or trouble. Don’t ask questions. Don’t complain. Don’t criticize. Only give feedback they want to hear. You will continue to get your free samples, and keep on buying and buying.

Yes, Chris, I will move on.

Suz

Sep 29th, '05, 01:29

New customers

by Suzanne » Sep 29th, '05, 01:29

Now how does it feel to get a post like this?

cred.u.lous \ adj : inclined to believe esp. on slight evidence

You would make yourself more credulous. Why not? Especially “on slight evidence.”

spicket --- what’s a spicket?

spig.ot \ n : faucet

Did you mean spigot?

ed.u.ca.tion \ n : the action or process of educating or being educated

Is that what you are getting?

smug / adj: conscious of one’s virtue and importance : self-satisfied

snip.pet \ n : a small or insignificant person

Smug snippet: Sounds like a Marlene.

It doesn't feel so good to ask a question and get a such a post. Well that's what I got from some of you.

Suz

Sep 29th, '05, 08:36

by teaspoon » Sep 29th, '05, 08:36

Ya know, when I first posted a response to this thread, I thought you were referring to the twit who complained about the free samples. Glad to see you're not, and I apologize for associating you with that individual.

However, I fail to see how you are justified.

First of all, you clearly disregarded Lana Y and Dronak's comments in your Oolong thread.

Lana Y said: "I have also purchased tea directly from China, and have found my best source to be Adagio...I find Ican trust them completely, if there has been a mistake in my order it was corrected that day..I find Adagios tea to be fresh and exactly as described. I have started "hitting" tea shops in my travels, and have yet to find the consistant quality that I get with Adagio..."

Dronak took the trouble to explain the ratings numbers and give you his impression of the customer service.

Those sound like recommendations to me.

Secondly, if you took the time to explore this message board, you would notice that it tends to be much like an informal tea house in the real world, where the regulars fall into a habit of casual banter, sarcasm, and yes, occasionally biting humor with each other. It's just how we are. Sure, maybe we could be more delicate with noobs, but that's just not how we roll. Besides, how are we supposed to know that somebody's not going to let it roll off their back? Further, we all love adagio, which is why we're regulars. So what makes you think we won't fiercely defend our favorite tea company against someone who walks in with a preconceived negative opinion? Fierce defense is often a bit cruel to the invader. Perhaps none of this excuses the less helpful posts you received, but it should certainly explain them. Stand down.

Finally, as to your definitions post, perhaps this is my anal-retentive college student brain at work, but you would make yourself more credible if you would cite your source. I will continue to esteem Mike B's post above yours, because he provided a reputable source, whereas your research is uncredited. With something like dictionary definitions, which aren't common knowledge, this means that either you made it up or you technically plagiarized it. Do that in any one of my classes and you fail. Do that in real life and smart people will be skeptical.

That being said, if the post had been made with more playful intentions, like Mike B's, it would've been great.

Nice try, though.

~the feisty little teaspoon

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Sep 29th, '05, 08:47

by Mike B » Sep 29th, '05, 08:47

You would make yourself more credulous. Why not? Especially “on slight evidence.”
Because that's not what that particular word was made for. Let's take a look at what you wrote back when you were being mean to Marlene:

"Marlene why are you so rude? What is your reward? Learn how to spell. You’ll make yourself more credulous."

The word "credulous" -- in this case -- wouldn't apply to Marlene; Marlene isn't looking to be believed "on slight evidence." You're wanting to be credulous, though, since you want to believe Marlene's post, but, ironically, find you can't due to Marlene's alleged misspellings.

Instead, you want Marlene to be more credible -- you want her spelling to be the tool by which she offers "reasonable grounds for being believed."

That's why not.

Sep 29th, '05, 10:27

by Marlene » Sep 29th, '05, 10:27

I prefer "vertically challenged"
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Sep 29th, '05, 12:34

by chris » Sep 29th, '05, 12:34

I almost feel guilty about running Suzanne out of town... Aside from being an incredulous troll who obviously came in with malintent, she was actually a rather passionate poster and sorta witty in our trademark TeaChat kinda way.

Oh Suzanna! Why must you choose to use your powers for evil?!

Lamentingly,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Sep 29th, '05, 22:06

by jay294 » Sep 29th, '05, 22:06

Just wanted to say as a new customer I have had nothing but good experiences so far with adagio. You guys kick ass.

Sep 30th, '05, 09:21

by jzero » Sep 30th, '05, 09:21

jay294 wrote:Just wanted to say as a new customer I have had nothing but good experiences so far with adagio. You guys kick ass.
They only hooked you up because of your awesome Zim avatar.
They Call Me Jzero

Sep 30th, '05, 09:41

by teaspoon » Sep 30th, '05, 09:41

Hey jay! Nice to meet you. (See? We can play nice with newbies :wink: ) And yes, you do have an awesome avatar.

BTW, is it bad that I LOVE this thread? The militant, sadistic part of me is so excited every time I see there's a new reply. Like "Ooooh, is she back? What's she brought me to play with today?"

~the agressive teaspoon

I am the size of 1 tsp.

+ Post Reply