Quality

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Sep 28th, '05, 21:39

Quality

by Ponderer » Sep 28th, '05, 21:39

What are the differences between high and low grade green teas in terms of processing, health benefits, and appearance (after brewing)?

Sep 29th, '05, 13:10

by chris » Sep 29th, '05, 13:10

Ponderer --

Thanks for the note.

Grading is usually based on nothing more than leaf size. This can have an effect on the overall flavor, but the two are not always mutually exclusive. It is a rather complicated, somewhat subjective method of classifying teas that can be useful, but not usually.

Hope this helps,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Oct 12th, '05, 01:57

Re: Quality

by cherryking » Oct 12th, '05, 01:57

The grade of green tea mainly depends on its quality of tea leaf. working process, growing environment, picking time, standard of pesticide, organic tea is more expensive than other common tea. There are many elements influence on the grade of green tea. :D

Cheers!

Cherryking

Oct 12th, '05, 10:11

by chris » Oct 12th, '05, 10:11

'King is right --

As I'm sure I've previously mentioned, grading is confusing and complicated and not necessarily directly connected with quality!

Cheers,

Chris
Adagio

Oct 15th, '05, 22:13

by PeteVu » Oct 15th, '05, 22:13

all i would bother watching out for is that some low grade teas i have purchased still had the stems in them. yech. stems are such a nusiance and taste horrible. unless of course, its kukitcha you're drinking. ^^
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Oct 17th, '05, 23:23

by Ponderer » Oct 17th, '05, 23:23

The green tea that I am currently drinking must be low in grade and in quality; its got large leaves and still has small stems in it. The stems aren’t really that big a deal though; I don’t notice any bad taste. It still tastes fine to me.

Oct 19th, '05, 04:20

by cherryking » Oct 19th, '05, 04:20

Ponderer wrote:The green tea that I am currently drinking must be low in grade and in quality; its got large leaves and still has small stems in it. The stems aren’t really that big a deal though; I don’t notice any bad taste. It still tastes fine to me.
H - quality Green tea is usually picked in its young growing stage, it both has one tender grean leaf and one tender bud. looks like tongue of bird.

Enjoy your own tea, and do not mind its grade. :P

Cheers.

Cherryking

+ Post Reply