Thechineseteashop LBZ

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jan 23rd, '15, 12:09

Thechineseteashop LBZ

by bankung » Jan 23rd, '15, 12:09

Has anyone tried the 2012 100% LBZ offered by this vendor? Is it the real gushu LBZ? Please share some thought. :wink:

Jan 23rd, '15, 15:03

Re: Thechineseteashop LBZ

by Exempt » Jan 23rd, '15, 15:03

Very unlikely that it's real gushu LBZ

Jan 23rd, '15, 15:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Jan 23rd, '15, 15:43

Exempt wrote:Very unlikely that it's real gushu LBZ
:shock: :shock:

:)

Jan 23rd, '15, 16:12

by shah82 » Jan 23rd, '15, 16:12

Young LBZ is a fool's game in my book.

Haven't had one that's younger than 2008 that does what a LBZ gushu is supposed to do.

It's perfectly possible that the 2012 has some LBZ. The issue is whether it's any good or not. The strong probability is that it will be very pleasant/friendly rather than be of any true quality. LBZ already is a kind of flat character in the first place. A good, friendly and unchallenging taste is far easier to achieve than that really nice, drinking good scotch feel and qi.

Jan 23rd, '15, 17:41

by puyuan » Jan 23rd, '15, 17:41

I would recommend searching on Taobao for the factory on the wrapper, the one that supposedly pressed the leaves only. It's... revealing.

Jan 24th, '15, 20:38

by bankung » Jan 24th, '15, 20:38

Actually, I bought a whole cake (due to the pricing of sample) just to find out its not up to my standard. Compare to a few LBZ cakes I have, this one is smoky (7542 level!!!), very astringent after 3 infusions, not as smooth, and the huigan is not as deep as it should be. I can trace a bit of the LBZ unique aroma from the tea though. This might be one of those "xiaoshu" LBZ that people shook their heads with.

Jan 25th, '15, 12:32

by kyarazen » Jan 25th, '15, 12:32

bankung wrote:Actually, I bought a whole cake (due to the pricing of sample) just to find out its not up to my standard. Compare to a few LBZ cakes I have, this one is smoky (7542 level!!!), very astringent after 3 infusions, not as smooth, and the huigan is not as deep as it should be. I can trace a bit of the LBZ unique aroma from the tea though. This might be one of those "xiaoshu" LBZ that people shook their heads with.
after tasting the 1000 year old tree tea from TDZ... i dont like LBZ anymore... haha! LBZ too masculine, bold. i like it soft and feminine

Jan 25th, '15, 14:34

by bankung » Jan 25th, '15, 14:34

kyarazen wrote:
bankung wrote:Actually, I bought a whole cake (due to the pricing of sample) just to find out its not up to my standard. Compare to a few LBZ cakes I have, this one is smoky (7542 level!!!), very astringent after 3 infusions, not as smooth, and the huigan is not as deep as it should be. I can trace a bit of the LBZ unique aroma from the tea though. This might be one of those "xiaoshu" LBZ that people shook their heads with.
after tasting the 1000 year old tree tea from TDZ... i dont like LBZ anymore... haha! LBZ too masculine, bold. i like it soft and feminine
Glad you like it so much kyarazen. Want some cakes? :D

Jan 26th, '15, 12:45

by PuerhCollector » Jan 26th, '15, 12:45

Hello Bankung,

If you are interested in LBZ, I am happy to offer a sample of the 2005 Gan En LBZ for exchange with the 1000 year old tree tea from TDZ. I have not tried this tea as yet and would welcome the opportunity to do so. Would a 20g swap be interesting for you? Let me know.

I reviewed the 2005 Gan En LBZ here
http://theguidetopuerhtea.blogspot.com/ ... zhang.html

Best VP

Jan 26th, '15, 13:17

by kyarazen » Jan 26th, '15, 13:17

PuerhCollector wrote:Hello Bankung,

If you are interested in LBZ, I am happy to offer a sample of the 2005 Gan En LBZ for exchange with the 1000 year old tree tea from TDZ. I have not tried this tea as yet and would welcome the opportunity to do so. Would a 20g swap be interesting for you? Let me know.

Best VP
sawadee. are you in thailand? if you are near bangkok you can drop by teadezhang's shop. nice teaware, great teas.

Jan 27th, '15, 03:59

by PuerhCollector » Jan 27th, '15, 03:59

kyarazen wrote:

Best VP
sawadee. are you in thailand? if you are near bangkok you can drop by teadezhang's shop. nice teaware, great teas.
Sawadee Kyarazen

Yes, I am in Bangkok. Thank you for the kind suggestion and info on Teadezhang.

I had a chance to visit his shop a few months back with some friends and bought a small teacake of the new LBZ. His shop is a little oasis of tranquility in that busy shopping mall and he is a very nice guy. The problem (which I understand) is that for his premium teacakes there are no samples for customers to try. The 1000 year old tree tea is a very pricey tea. I am not a brave enough person to buy such a tea without trying it first.

Best VP

Jan 27th, '15, 06:50

by bankung » Jan 27th, '15, 06:50

PuerhCollector wrote:
kyarazen wrote:

<a class="vglnk" href="http://theguidetopuerhtea.blogspot.com/ ... zhang.html" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>theguidetopuerhtea</span><span>.</span><span>blogspot</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>2014</span><span>/</span><span>12</span><span>/</span><span>2005</span><span>-</span><span>gan</span><span>-</span><span>en</span><span>-</span><span>ban</span><span>-</span><span>zhang</span><span>.</span><span>html</span></a>

Best VP
Sawadee Kyarazen

I had a chance to visit his shop a few months back with some friends and bought a small teacake of the new LBZ. His shop is a little oasis of tranquility in that busy shopping mall and he is a very nice guy. The problem (which I understand) is that for his premium teacakes there are no samples for customers to try. The 1000 year old tree tea is a very pricey tea. I am not a brave enough person to buy such a tea without trying it first.

Best VP
Hi VP,

Of course, I would like to. but would it be ok for you as I am in UK.
I have a feeling that I met you before at ong tea as you mentioned that you went to TDZ with a group of friend and bought the LBZ cake.

Jan 27th, '15, 07:35

by PuerhCollector » Jan 27th, '15, 07:35

bankung wrote:
PuerhCollector wrote:
kyarazen wrote:

<a class="vglnk" href="http://theguidetopuerhtea.blogspot.com/ ... zhang.html" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>theguidetopuerhtea</span><span>.</span><span>blogspot</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>2014</span><span>/</span><span>12</span><span>/</span><span>2005</span><span>-</span><span>gan</span><span>-</span><span>en</span><span>-</span><span>ban</span><span>-</span><span>zhang</span><span>.</span><span>html</span></a>

Best VP
Sawadee Kyarazen

Best VP
Hi VP,

Of course, I would like to. but would it be ok for you as I am in UK.
I have a feeling that I met you before at ong tea as you mentioned that you went to TDZ with a group of friend and bought the LBZ cake.
Hello Bankung,

Yes, now that you mentioned it I remember. It’s a small world and good people will always reconnect. :wink:

The UK is no problem and I’ll still need to go to the post office. Maybe we should add to the tea swap to make the postage more worthwhile :lol:

Send me an email and we can work out the details
varatphong(at)yahoo(dot)com

Best, VP

+ Post Reply