Sep 1st, '14, 03:10

Teafilter - zerowater

by ahasja » Sep 1st, '14, 03:10

Hi everybody! I am looking for a good filter system and I don’t want to use Brita because of the nano-silver in it. So I used google to browse around the web and found “zerowater” – they are advertising with reaching “0 TSD”.

Is that good for the taste of the tea?
Does anyone here has experience with zerowater?
Does it lower also the pH?
Does anyone know, whether they use BPA for their pitchers?

Thanks for any answer

Ahasja

Sep 1st, '14, 03:39

Re: Teafilter - zerowater

by BW85 » Sep 1st, '14, 03:39

From my experience, no dissolved solids in water is not good for tea. Minerals in your water are good for flavor and more so texture.
Last edited by BW85 on Sep 1st, '14, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 1st, '14, 04:50

by kyarazen » Sep 1st, '14, 04:50

not too sure if it helps you but it is pretty strange when it comes to water tastes.

distilled water taste a little rough in my opinion, but milliQ water (water thats of the highest purity used in my lab), tastes strangely soft and sweet with no dissolved ions in it (electrical resistance ~ 18.2mohm)

when it comes out from the machine the pH is around 7 odd, but on rapid exposure to air, carbondioxide dissolves into it quickly changing the pH to around 6.++...
ahasja wrote:Hi everybody! I am looking for a good filter system and I don’t want to use Brita because of the nano-silver in it. So I used google to browse around the web and found “zerowater” – they are advertising with reaching “0 TSD”.

Is that good for the taste of the tea?
Does anyone here has experience with zerowater?
Does it lower also the pH?
Does anyone know, whether they use BPA for their pitchers?

Thanks for any answer

Ahasja

Sep 1st, '14, 20:09

by yalokinh » Sep 1st, '14, 20:09

hmm not really sure what any of that means, but I think that water should have some mineral content. I'm pretty lucky I live by the great lakes in the US because the water from the tap is great for tea.

Sep 2nd, '14, 04:26

by ahasja » Sep 2nd, '14, 04:26

Thanks for the replies so far. I also think that for the taste of tea there should be some minerals in it. On one homepage it was written, that one of these "perfect" bottled waters that people are using has a TSD of about 30.

Still I am really curious: Is there anyone that ever tried the zerowater filter?

P.s.: Can anyone suggest a good filter pitcher without nanosilver and without BPA?

Sep 2nd, '14, 14:12

by .m. » Sep 2nd, '14, 14:12

i dont know anything about zerowater, and i didnt like brita when i tried it. but i've had a good experience with a ceramic filter (doulton supersterasyl gravity filter).

Nov 28th, '14, 11:45

by demonyc » Nov 28th, '14, 11:45

British Berkefeld filters are incredibly effective at filtering out bad stuff while leaving good minerals in your water... These are the filters issued to Peace Corps Volunteers in areas where there isn't easy access to potable water, and you can literally put mud in the top and have clean, drinkable water come out the bottom. :!:

The filter elements are micro-porous ceramic with an activated carbon core. I can't recommend these filters enough.

Nov 30th, '14, 08:57

by Tead Off » Nov 30th, '14, 08:57

ahasja wrote:Thanks for the replies so far. I also think that for the taste of tea there should be some minerals in it. On one homepage it was written, that one of these "perfect" bottled waters that people are using has a TSD of about 30.

Still I am really curious: Is there anyone that ever tried the zerowater filter?

P.s.: Can anyone suggest a good filter pitcher without nanosilver and without BPA?
What's wrong with nano-silver?

Jan 29th, '15, 03:39

by lordmage » Jan 29th, '15, 03:39

Tead Off wrote:
ahasja wrote:Thanks for the replies so far. I also think that for the taste of tea there should be some minerals in it. On one homepage it was written, that one of these "perfect" bottled waters that people are using has a TSD of about 30.

What's wrong with nano-silver?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Nano

+ Post Reply